Vista SP2 RTM (6002.18005) is out

:: Lyon ::

Too bad I've ditched Vista for Windows 7 RC :)

JonathanVP

I installed this version and got the god damn BSOD on my Vista x64 machine....good thing I have a restore point before the install. I guess I will wait till the official Windoze update.

The Canadian
i beg to differ. it will be out very soon.

MS is saying Q2, and Q2 is May/June/July...!

Raa

So in other words, it could be released as quickly as 3 days...

... or 3 months.

The Canadian
So in other words, it could be released as quickly as 3 days...

... or 3 months.

Eggactly j/k

Exactly!

rvbfan

Nice. Downloaded the file in 10 min.

manwiththedroid
Too bad I've ditched Vista for Windows 7 RC :)

+1

Ji@nBing

I would be more excited about this if Win7 wasn't so awesome. Now I just don't care about Vista :p

Subject Delta
I installed this version and got the god damn BSOD on my Vista x64 machine....good thing I have a restore point before the install. I guess I will wait till the official Windoze update.

It is WINDOWS. Why do so many people keep putting windoze, only has the effect of making you look childish :rolleyes:

Raa

That's like saying M$. :p

rvbfan

Hmmm, for some reason it does seem snappier. Not a clean install either,must be

about a 6 month old install by now.

AndyMutz
MS is saying Q2, and Q2 is May/June/July...!

not exactly right.. Q2 is april/may/june.

-andy-

raj1402

x86 x64 vista sp2 is available as standalone and integrated version in tpb and nova!!!

The Canadian
not exactly right.. Q2 is april/may/june.

-andy-

I was half asleep when I wrote that, sorry!

smapdi

Install of the RTM version on 32bit system went fine. On my main x64 system I got a BSOD but it looks like it was caused by NOD antivirus. Does anyone know if there is a workaround or should I remove NOD, install SP2 and then re-install NOD?

kainashi

been running this since last night with no problems so far. :) seems to be a bit faster now.

User6060
Install of the RTM version on 32bit system went fine. On my main x64 system I got a BSOD but it looks like it was caused by NOD antivirus. Does anyone know if there is a workaround or should I remove NOD, install SP2 and then re-install NOD?

same problem on x86

eamon.sys caused a bluescreen at Stage 3 of update, booted into safemode, got rid of NOD32, reinstalled SP2 without NO32 -> very fast and then put it back on and no problems

SpyCatcher

Anyone see SP2 on MSDN or Technet?

Delete my account please

Could someone post the hash for the slipstreamed sp2 x64 iso?

vask
Anyone see SP2 on MSDN or Technet?

It is on technet (dont have access to msdn) but only as a standalone update, no full iso with sp2 integrated. Also, for some reason they still have standalone sp2 rc downloads and sp2 rc integrated isos in the selection.

freeza
x86 x64 vista sp2 is available as standalone and integrated version in tpb and nova!!!

I almost want to reformat with the slipstreamed copy......ahhhhh

M_Lyons10

Does everyone agree with the statements that SP2 performs much better than SP1 of Vista? I find this very interesting (Not to mention exciting). I can't wait for it to hit Windows Update... :)

jjrambo

It performs faster. It is really good OS now, very very solid. To me there is no need for Windows 7 as long as MS releases DX11 for Vista. For WMP12 i could care less.

NEVER85

Only the x86 version is, not x64, if we're talking about just Ultimate. At least that's all I see. I have a key for Home Premium and would prefer that.

ryanmcv
Only the x86 version is, not x64, if we're talking about just Ultimate. At least that's all I see. I have a key for Home Premium and would prefer that.

There is only one image for all versions. The key you type in determines which version installs. In other words, the "Ultimate" image contains all versions, so download it.