May 2009 Desktops

To all who use the new toolbar trick to get the icons centered on the Win7 taskbar:

I tried the same(making a new folder-place my shortcuts in there and apply it to the taskbar.

However, it doesent work very good. What I mean is that eventhough I have a firefox shortcut and click it, it will still place another firefox icon next to the start button.

And that kinda takes away the whole purpose. Or am I doing something wrong?

Please enlighten me :)

To all who use the new toolbar trick to get the icons centered on the Win7 taskbar:

I tried the same(making a new folder-place my shortcuts in there and apply it to the taskbar.

However, it doesent work very good. What I mean is that eventhough I have a firefox shortcut and click it, it will still place another firefox icon next to the start button.

I think you need to have an empty folder on the taskbar, make it a toolbar (keep it empty) and then move to the right of the "real" taskbar.

lock it and you are done! :>

taskbar.PNG

Yeah you're not supposed to place any shorcuts in this new folder...just when you go to add a new toolbar to the taskbar, choose an empty folder and then check off text and title and just move the divider until your pinned taskbar items are centered