• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

!00 days of Fox

CoolCatBad    0

Neowin members from the Rest Of The World will probably be unaware as to how low the standards of journalism have sunk in the USA, so here is a taste of the vile, auto-erotic right wing paranoia that Fox News is broadcasting.

Edited by CoolCatBad

The Rev    413

If u actually listen to what they say w/o taking little snippits out of context, u may find that what they say DOES make (at least a some amount of) sense.

Neztea    12

And that is why I view Fox news as more of a Entertainment Network rather than News network. :s

Neztea

CoolCatBad    0

Yeah, dude, it's all those mainstream media left wing nazis who dilute the purity of the conservative stream-of-consciousness.

ozzy76    154

This is the beauty of freedom. If you disagree with something, you turn the channel, you don't become obsessed with something and await salivating at the lips to create threads on a forum telling others how to think. If people want to watch a news channel, they will. According to the latest numbers, Foxnews has more viewers than (I won't mention names) the sum of the other channels combined.

Your paranoia isn't working, my friend. For better or worse, people like what they see/hear/read from Foxnews. Maybe you should shoot to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine and demand Fox has equal coverage for a liberal viewpoint. Dammit Fox, you aren't liberal enough.

Typhon    0

If you guys didn't think this was going to happen then I don't know what to tell you. It's all a game and FOX new's is mostly a right wing propaganda machine.

cork1958    1,754
Yeah, dude, it's all those mainstream media left wing nazis who dilute the purity of the conservative stream-of-consciousness.

Yeah, dude!!

jwjw1    93

Poor Obama...has a nut to the left of him and a nut to the right of him...and he's stuck in the middle :whistle:

Growled    3,880
According to the latest numbers, Foxnews has more viewers than (I won't mention names) the sum of the other channels combined.

Every forum I visit people hate Foxnews and yet it is the most popular news channel by far. Something just doesn't add up here. I'm beginning to wonder if the vocal minority is at it again or something.

DukeEsquire    40
This is the beauty of freedom. If you disagree with something, you turn the channel, you don't become obsessed with something and await salivating at the lips to create threads on a forum telling others how to think. If people want to watch a news channel, they will. According to the latest numbers, Foxnews has more viewers than (I won't mention names) the sum of the other channels combined.

Your paranoia isn't working, my friend. For better or worse, people like what they see/hear/read from Foxnews. Maybe you should shoot to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine and demand Fox has equal coverage for a liberal viewpoint. Dammit Fox, you aren't liberal enough.

Ha, I watch Fox News when I eat lunch because it is hilarious. It's like a real life Colbert Report.

spenser.d    1,100
According to the latest numbers, Foxnews has more viewers than (I won't mention names) the sum of the other channels combined.

And this is probably far less attribuatable to being a solid news source than the fact that it's the only conservative news network on TV, whereas there's many liberal networks for the left and everyone else to spread their numbers out on. There's also the people who watch it purely for entertainment, which is probably half of what Fox is going for anyways.

-Spenser

C++    0

President Hussain Osama has violated every amendment in the US bill of constitutions. And then he came to my house and violated my wife.

ATGC    40

Fox news is definitely an entertainment channel since they can get away with false information they present to the public.

and her husband Steve Wilson are former employees of Fox owned-and-operated station WTVT in Tampa, Florida. In 1997, they were fired from the station after refusing to knowingly include false information in their report concerning the Monsanto Corporation's production of RBGH, a drug designed to make cows produce more milk. They successfully sued under Florida's whistle blower law and were awarded a US $425,000 settlement by jury decision. However, Fox appealed to an appellate court and won, after the court declared that the FCC policy against falsification that Fox violated was just a policy and not a "law, rule, or regulation", and so the whistle blower law did not apply.

The court agreed with WTVT's (Fox) argument "that the FCC's policy against the intentional falsification of the news -- which the FCC has called its "news distortion policy" -- does not qualify as the required "law, rule, or regulation"
under section 448.102.[...] Because the FCC's news distortion policy is not a "law, rule, or regulation" under section 448.102, Akre has failed to state a claim under the whistle-blower's statute."

Typhon    0
President Hussain Osama has violated every amendment in the US bill of constitutions. And then he came to my house and violated my wife.

video?

fhertlein    22
And this is probably far less attribuatable to being a solid news source than the fact that it's the only conservative news network on TV, whereas there's many liberal networks for the left and everyone else to spread their numbers out on. There's also the people who watch it purely for entertainment, which is probably half of what Fox is going for anyways.

-Spenser

If that was the case, then the sum of the other channels should surpass FNC, which they don't.

FNC has the top seven programs on cable, and even other non-news cable channels have higher ratings.

To the OP, you do realize that Glenn Beck is not a news hour but an opinion show, just like Colbert?

MSM try to pass op-ed as news whereas FNC keeps news out of the op-ed side. Everyone should know by now that Cavuto, Beck, O'Reilly, Hannity, Greta are not news shows, and they do not attempt to pass themselves off as news.

+Mirumir    5,636

Read newspapers for the real news in politics/economics.

TV is all about sensationalism and media ratings. It is news in the form of entertainment...both CNN and Fox.

tiagosilva29    952

Newspapers also tend to tilt in the political game.

sharinglungs    0
If that was the case, then the sum of the other channels should surpass FNC, which they don't.

FNC has the top seven programs on cable, and even other non-news cable channels have higher ratings.

To the OP, you do realize that Glenn Beck is not a news hour but an opinion show, just like Colbert?

MSM try to pass op-ed as news whereas FNC keeps news out of the op-ed side. Everyone should know by now that Cavuto, Beck, O'Reilly, Hannity, Greta are not news shows, and they do not attempt to pass themselves off as news.

sooo Fox News Channel.. doesn't show NEWS?

+Mirumir    5,636
Newspapers also tend to tilt in the political game.

Yeah, they are not immune from it, but the quality of the material is much better.

halcyoncmdr    4

Fox News is the most partisan news channel here in the U.S. by far. These may be snippets, but at the same time look at it... every freakin day for over 3 months... really!?!?

fhertlein    22
Fox News is the most partisan news channel here in the U.S. by far. These may be snippets, but at the same time look at it... every freakin day for over 3 months... really!?!?

You actually believe that Fox News is the most partisan? Wow.

"Chill running up my leg" ring a bell.

Tea bagging from MSNBC, CNN, etc?

TV is all about sensationalism and media ratings. It is news in the form of entertainment...both CNN and Fox.

The only publication that is worth its salt is the Wall Street Journal. They actually put things where they belong, i.e. op-eds end up in the op-ed section, versus the front page.

If newspapers were so good, why have so many gone bankrupt or are on the verge of bankruptcy?

sharinglungs    0
You actually believe that Fox News is the most partisan? Wow.

"Chill running up my leg" ring a bell.

Tea bagging from MSNBC, CNN, etc?

The only publication that is worth its salt is the Wall Street Journal. They actually put things where they belong, i.e. op-eds end up in the op-ed section, versus the front page.

If newspapers were so good, why have so many gone bankrupt or are on the verge of bankruptcy?

The Internet.

fhertlein    22
The Internet.

With that logic all newspapers would be going under.

sharinglungs    0
With that logic all newspapers would be going under.

One day, There will be no Print news.. it'll be all online.

Kevin.    1

MSNBC is just as guilty for having a liberal bias. Remember, every news channel will always have its bias, so the best way to go about it is to look up facts and statistics since they're ofen distorted in the media.