• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

!00 days of Fox

+Troll    67

Oh look, a video from Media Matters, self described as a "progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media." Anyone can take snippets of different clips and put them together on YouTube.

Anyone who blindly thinks Fox is the only station with bias, or at least with the highest level of bias is fooling themselves. The talking heads who do commentary on Fox are conservative. MSNBC is the exact opposite with their overwhelming glowing coverage of the administration. I particularly like seeing the Glenn Beck clips for a couple reasons - One, nobody cared when he was on Headline News and two, if you take him in context, he badmouths the Republicans and Bush just as much. Another case of only hearing what you want to further your desired argument.

Udedenkz    51

I watch CNN mostly.

They are also biased...

:/

Fresh    93
This is the beauty of freedom. If you disagree with something, you turn the channel, you don't become obsessed with something and await salivating at the lips to create threads on a forum telling others how to think. If people want to watch a news channel, they will. According to the latest numbers, Foxnews has more viewers than (I won't mention names) the sum of the other channels combined.

Your paranoia isn't working, my friend. For better or worse, people like what they see/hear/read from Foxnews. Maybe you should shoot to reinstate the Fairness Doctrine and demand Fox has equal coverage for a liberal viewpoint. Dammit Fox, you aren't liberal enough.

Well said!!!

The tactics used are horrid....With the MSM in place and pulling for one side, there was demand for FNC...pretty simple. So anything to the right of the MSM (which would be closer to the middle) is FAR RIGHT...see how it works :)

The opinion shows are to the right, but at least they seem to be fair, they will give the other side more than equal time. Sometimes they have to hunt them down because they will not show up on the station that will throw some hard balls.

Oh look, a video from Media Matters, self described as a "progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media." Anyone can take snippets of different clips and put them together on YouTube.

Anyone who blindly thinks Fox is the only station with bias, or at least with the highest level of bias is fooling themselves. The talking heads who do commentary on Fox are conservative. MSNBC is the exact opposite with their overwhelming glowing coverage of the administration. I particularly like seeing the Glenn Beck clips for a couple reasons - One, nobody cared when he was on Headline News and two, if you take him in context, he badmouths the Republicans and Bush just as much. Another case of only hearing what you want to further your desired argument.

Well said as well! If only folks would give equal time to at least listen, and read, different points of view. They only seem to know what the MSM tells them to know...1) Vote Democratic 2) Hate FNC....

Eyes wide shut :D

Fred Derf    217

I agree with Troll here. Little snippets out of context doesn't prove anything. If you are willing to go through the same source tapes, you could probably "prove" the opposite.

I also agree that there is bias everywhere but I would go so far as to say that some outfits are better at presenting both sides than others. I don't doubt that MSNBC is just as biased as FNC. I wouldn't watch either of them.

I actually do not think that CNN is all that bad. The difference is that it appears to me to present a slightly right-of-centre viewpoint while many of you seem to think of it as an agent of the left.

The opinions expressed in this post are exclusively that of Fred Derf and as such they do not represent any official position held by Neowin or its administration.

Growled    3,880

I usually vote conservative on most issues and to be honest I can't stand any of the MSM, Fox included. I just don't care for media that tries to make the news rather than report the news, be it right or left. I try to pick around and find sources that seem intent on giving us information and not trying to play with our minds.

The Canadian    0

FOX is no better than a tabloid newspaper...!

DukeEsquire    40

I think the most annoying aspect of the cable news networks is that they NEVER--or at least I've never seen--aired retractions when they are wrong or if their guests say something wrong.

As a lawyer, I like watching news about Souter's replacement but the idiotic things that the guests say boggles my mind. They range from things that are slight mistakes to complete misundertandings about what the Supreme Court does.

And yet, there are never any retractions! Why don't the news networks get actual respected lawyers and law professors up there? Half the time, it's just a columnist or journalist. They don't know the law!

When people are talking about Swine Flu, they get a doctor on the show. When people are talking about a bridge collapse, they get an engineer. But, when it's the law, it seems like any Joe-Shome can talk about it.

/rant

Aaron    27

Not a real world issue.

Thread moved.

EDIT: Half second snippets pieced together with no context or validation that the speakers we even addressing Obama puts this video squarely in the flamebait arena.

Thread Closed.

Edited by Aaron