X-Men Origins - Wolverine - WOW - 10/10

I watched the cartoon series but I never read any of the comics and never read comics in general. In relation to the third X-MEN movie, "The Last Stand", I will be honest it sucks and here is why:

1. All of my favorite characters either die or their powers are taken away

2. Jean / Phoenix is not the same as I remember her in the cartoon series. I did not see a fire-bird!

Saw it yesterday. I wasn't expecting too much. I really enjoyed the previous X-Men movie trilogy, but felt they strayed a little too far from the comics for my tastes. While Origins: Wolverine was much closer to the original story from a few years ago (Origins comic series circa 2001), the movie just didn't excite me, but I can't really put my finger on to why.

I guess what I'm trying to say was that the previous movies were great adaptations that also stood well on their own. Origins is also a great comic adaptation, but there wasn't enough on screen to keep me entertained.

My overall grades, for comparison...

X-Men Trilogy: 9/10

X-Men Origins Wolverine: 7/10

Watchmen: 10/10

And don't get me started on the moronic Batman reboot. Dark Knight? 1/10. And I thought it couldn't get any worse after the first one, but I digress.

And don't get me started on the moronic Batman reboot. Dark Knight? 1/10. And I thought it couldn't get any worse after the first one, but I digress.

glad im not the only one who thought the dark knight sucked. i wouldn't of given it a 1 though more like a 5/10. if wolverine was that bad ill wait until i see it on cable.

Hi everyone,

I would like to spread the word out about the new X-MEN movie that I just saw at the cinema to all the X-MEN fans out there.

I think this movie totally rocks! It is just awesome and I enjoyed every moment of it. I really liked the movie and I am trying to find something that I disliked but there is nothing! The movie is simply great.

I literally enjoyed every second of the movie. If you are an X-MEN fan, this is something you gotta see. You just have to see it! It is packed with action but not just that, the whole story is just great.

So please, if you like good movies go to the cinema to see it and help the industry make more great movies such as this.

Before the movie started there was a trailer of the new Transformers movie too and it looks like this is gonna be a good movie too.

I spent $AU16.50 for a ticket and it is well worth it. I am not just saying this (why would I?), I truly liked this movie.

My rating is 10/10. There are no negatives. It is all good! Well done!! Truly awesome!

Has anyone else seen it? What are your thoughts?

hahaha i think ill just save my money for my internet connection. BTW i would say 7/10

You just lost all credibility.

You just lost all credibility.

giving it a 1/10 is a bit ridiculous IMO but i agree the dark knight was blown out of proportion and not "all of that" either!

oh man, I feel overwhelmed, hahaha, ok, ok, I give up!! :) You win!

Ah I regret for opening this thread :D I wonder what people that haven't read the comics think.

Saw it yesterday. I wasn't expecting too much. I really enjoyed the previous X-Men movie trilogy, but felt they strayed a little too far from the comics for my tastes. While Origins: Wolverine was much closer to the original story from a few years ago (Origins comic series circa 2001), the movie just didn't excite me, but I can't really put my finger on to why.

I guess what I'm trying to say was that the previous movies were great adaptations that also stood well on their own. Origins is also a great comic adaptation, but there wasn't enough on screen to keep me entertained.

My overall grades, for comparison...

X-Men Trilogy: 9/10

X-Men Origins Wolverine: 7/10

Watchmen: 10/10

You give this movie a 7/10, but TDK a 1/10? Wow. :blink:

Wow, this is the first positive thing I've read about this. You sure you don't work for Fox?

I've read enough reviews that I'm not going to see this steaming pile. Adamantium bullets? Really? Christ.

Hahaha this gave me a laugh :laugh:

I haven't really heard anything positive about this either.. I wasn't to amused with this film :(

Could have been better and Wolverine has to much hype going for him in my opinion.

Too many characters crammed into the story

Was okay, but not special... I know some people loved it (and the movie made a tonne of money), so it's not a failure by any stretch of the imagination... it just could've been better

I agree, the ending is sad but isn't that wolverine's story? I prefer if it didn't end the way it did but it is connected to the rest of the X-MEN movies and his Wolverine's personality, why he is the way he is.

In relation to my rating, this is just my opinion, I guess I am not a true critic/reviewer and don't know what to look for. I just really enjoyed the movie and the other three X-MEN films are just as great. I love X-MEN series...I have to admit, I didn't know about Vibranium and Adamantium. I know about X-MEN but not Wolverine's story.

And to be honest, Wolverine is my least favorite character and the only reason I went and saw it is because it is an X-MEN :)

To respond to the poster that mentioned whether I worked for Fox....Hehe that is hilarious. The only reason I encourage people to go and see it is because it is the right thing to do, especially if you are a fan.

+1

THe movie is alright to go and enjoy it... I respect everyones opinion. But in superhero comparison... The first and second hulk sucked bigged time... But I guess ThedreamX would rate hulk a 10/10... :p :shiftyninja: Kidding...

Anyho... They already annouced a possible sequel!!! and That could go so wrong if not done right...

My only questions are; How was Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool? And, was there enough Deadpool in the movie? Honestly, that is the only character I am 100% stoked to see in this movie. Sure, he is a minor character; but did they make him at least memorable?

Ryan Reynolds is fine but they botched the character up horribly.

It was a great movie, I'm so ****ed I missed the secret endings :x

There were no "Secret endings".. it was a marketing gimmick.

I don't really get why it's getting so bad reviews, the movie theater here was packed and vast majority definitely liked it.. I also thought it was very good, maybe 8/10 and miles ahead the last two X-Men movies.

Ryan Reynolds is fine but they botched the character up horribly.

That is unfortunate. Deadpool is one of my favorite Marvel characters and I was so excited that he'd be in a movie. Not a deal breaker though, I'll still go out and see the movie; just with slightly lowered expectations.

I don't really get why it's getting so bad reviews, the movie theater here was packed and vast majority definitely liked it.. I also thought it was very good, maybe 8/10 and miles ahead the last two X-Men movies.

Neither do I... but I don't believe there should be a sequel to this. I would rather see a continuation of the X-MEN series such as X-MEN IV over a Wolverine sequel. I prefer to live in the present rather than the past. I truly believe they stuffed up with "The Last Stand", the way it ended is as if there is no future for X-MEN. This sucks. I hope they make X-MEN IV where all of the characters are involved.

So, what you're saying is you didn't stick around for the credits to finish rolling!

Didnt stay till after the credits then because there is 5 different endings!

Didnt stay till after the credits then because there is 5 different endings!

There was only one ending after the credits finished rolling.

There was only one ending after the credits finished rolling.

Yes for you...but there are 5 different ones attached to different prints so you saw 1/5