Question about Conexant High Definition Audio driver

Hey all. I have an HP Pavilion dv800t laptop. I installed the Windows 7 RC on it, and everything is working great, however there's a minor big with my sound card driver. Sometimes right before a sound is about to play, it makes a small "pop" or "crackle", and I suspect it's something with the driver. The driver I downloaded was from HP's site, and it's the Vista driver the driver version is 3.40.0.50 A

I'd use the included Windows 7 driver, but the problem is, it doesn't enable my microphone or wave out option, and I do both use from time to time. Is there a newer driver that someone can point me to? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue. It's almost like Windows puts the sound card to sleep if you don't play a sound for so long, then when you do it wakes up with a pop then plays the sound. I'm using conexant drivers from HP as well.

HP Pavilion dv8000t CTO Notebook PC

All OS Drivers here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...ct=1832444&

Vista Sound Driver:

Vista 32 Bit here: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp35501-36000/sp35908.exe

Restart

Note: Vista 64Bit Not available at HP

XP 32 Bit Sound Driver:

(UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp32501-33000/sp32646.exe

Restart

Conexant High Definition Audio Drive: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33001-33500/sp33443.exe

Restart

Note in XP you should install the Chipset Drivers first: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp32501-33000/sp32555.exe

-----------------

Further Drivers from Windows Update, although Windows 7 may not be compatible or have any Windows Update Drivers for Audio