Earlier today came official word about an ?X-Men Origins: Wolverine? sequel, confirming what Hugh Jackman had already told MTV News about his plans for a follow-up to this weekend?s blockbuster. Now, MTV News has received official word that there is also a ?Deadpool? solo movie in active development, with ?Wolverine? actor Ryan Reynolds reprising his role as Wade Wilson, Marvel?s mutant assassin.

According to a source close to Fox, the ?Deadpool? spin-off film will be produced by Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel, and will be ?a complete exploration of this unique character ? his origins, his emergence as the Merc with the Mouth.? The studio is currently seeking writers for the project.

While Reynolds has already shared some half-joking ideas for what he?d like to see in a ?Deadpool? solo movie, one of the post-credits scenes in ?Wolverine? offered the first official clue that such a project was being considered. Prior to that, however, there was no shortage of filmmakers and comic creators chiming in to voice their support for such a spin-off, including Reynolds himself, as well as Deadpool co-creator Rob Liefeld and Fox Chairman Tom Rothman.

A project more than five years in the making, the ?Deadpool? movie will feature Reynolds in the role many fans are calling the best supporting role in ?Wolverine? ? but now the question is likely to be: What ?Deadpool? story will the movie tell?

Source

HELL YES.

@ goji: Deadpool is not X-Men.

Yeah I can't wait for this movie and yeah he's not Xmen and has an awesome back story!

Makes you think tho how many more Origins movies are we going to get? I would love to see a blob one! </sarcasm>

But yeah I can't wait for Deadpool!

@ goji: Deadpool is not X-Men.

Excuse me, Weapon X, but more along the lines of being produced by Fox studios; that's the beef and because of that I'm willing to wait. :(

I still haven't seen Wolverine, but I've seen a clip of Deadpool from the film where he says "Alright, people are dead now" after pulling some fancy swordplay, which I thought was hilarious. I'd love a full movie with Reynolds as Deadpool.

Well we already know the character's eventuality. He becomes Weapon XI and dies. But we can't even count on writers to honor what has already been written, so who knows what they'll do with this one...

I've yet to see Wolverine Origins, but this news is just awesome.

Nor me but I have heard great things about the pool!

Nor me but I have heard great things about the pool!

The movie ruined him, IMO. He's my favorite comic book character and it let me down immensely.

Plus the movie was just "alright" IMO

Hopefully there's a slight re-write/change in the character design. Those who saw the movie (Wolverine) know what i'm talking about...i wanted a smartass, not a silent bitch.

dead pool started out great in the Wolverine movie but then ended up being a total cr@p job! thank god i didnt waste my money on that one! i hope they keep the same actor "Ryan Reynolds" thought he did a great job!

Yeah I can't wait for this movie and yeah he's not Xmen and has an awesome back story!

which we're obviously not going to get as they will most likely use the wolverine movie as his origin...

You know, I've seen Wolverine twice now and BOTH times the film gave me the impression Weapon-X was genetically grown in a vat using the genetic combination from various mutants. It's only when Logan comments that they "finally found a way to shut him up" that I realise Weapon-X IS Deadpool and not simply his genetic tissue grown into a new body.

Hopefully there's a slight re-write/change in the character design. Those who saw the movie (Wolverine) know what i'm talking about...i wanted a smartass, not a silent bitch.

Amen to that, it was my favorite part of the character in the comics/cartoons. He was hilarious, when I heard who was playing it, it made perfect sense, then they release Wolverine and it's like cartmen says, THE F**K?!

Very cool.

I thought the character was awesome in Wolverine movie, was a good laugh.

And if the secret ending is true, then Weapon XI wasn't him, thank god, terrible idea whoever thought of that.

Huzzah! I really only want two things from this movie;

1; I want to see his iconic costume done right!

2: Also, I want them to forget about that bad trip which was Wolverine's Origin movie's "Deadpool = Weapon XI" ending.

Aside from that, I have no doubt Ryan Reynolds can pull of an entertaining Deadpool caricature for an hour and a half, so as long as they get the story right, they have my $8.50.

They obviously wont forget about that since they're going to start off from that scene. It's the reason why they made the whole scene :)

Amen to that, it was my favorite part of the character in the comics/cartoons. He was hilarious, when I heard who was playing it, it made perfect sense, then they release Wolverine and it's like cartmen says, THE F**K?!
**** yeah!

Hahahaha! :rofl:

Yeah, Weapon XI is Deadpool. I'm definitely going to see this movie. I enjoyed watching X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It's a shame Deadpool didn't get more screen time. But hey, at least they have the perfect actor for him.

Wait a second, I thought Wolverine and Deadpool were both products of Weapon X? Did I miss a new comic explanation or something?