Star Trek: 11 out of 10...!

I saw the advance screening tonight, and all I've got to say is it deserves an 11 out of 10. It was well written, well acted. If this doesn't knock that piece of s*** Wolverine out of first at the box office this weekend then people really have issues...!

My friend just got back from an advanced screening a little bit ago. He's a hardcore Trekkie like me. Let's put it this way, his G/F is still wiping the drool off his mouth at this point. According to him, and I quote"

It's as good as WOK if not better in some respects. Overall, it's everything a Trek nerd could have hoped for and then some.

AKA, he really loved it.

It will clearly knock Wolverine off the top but they are 2 completely different movies :p

Yeah, one movie is good (ST) and the other is junk.

Your NIC card sucks

because its connecting him to the internet? :laugh:

im watching this tomorrow night at 12am.

note to 'canadian' you should edit your title as a review thread, so we dont need two threads. "Star Trek (2009)"

im watching this tomorrow night at 12am.

There's a theatre chain here in Canada -- maybe one other might do it as well -- that is opening the movie at 7pm today, and not waiting for the usual 12:01am (insert day here) opening.

I have never seen a single episode of the series, and only watched First Contact when I was a kid. This was awesome. The cast is fantastic, each character with his/her own distinctive swagger. The plot is frenetic, paced at warped speed and never slowing down, never ever having a boring moment. The humour is spot on. The visuals are good. And the whole thing provides a heck of a fun ride. Most impressive is its lightness, which is just about perfect - not campy yet never too serious. Everything just bloody works. Simon Pegg is awesome! I wont call this 'sci-fi', but a great summer blockbuster it certainly is.

I have never seen a single episode of the series, and only watched First Contact when I was a kid.

Off-topic:

You really ought to leave out the bolded part, otherwise, some of us will tell you that if you watched First Contact when you were a kid, you're still a kid. :-p

I'm pumped for the movie. It's going to be awesome.

Off-topic:

You really ought to leave out the bolded part, otherwise, some of us will tell you that if you watched First Contact when you were a kid, you're still a kid. :-p

I don't know...First Contact came out more than 12 years ago...

If he was 12 or 14 when First Contact came out, then he'd be 24 or 26 today.

EDIT: Actually, according to his profile, he is 21.

I wont call this 'sci-fi', but a great summer blockbuster it certainly is.

Ok, that part spooks me. Can you elaborate, spoiler free of course.

Ok, that part spooks me. Can you elaborate, spoiler free of course.

I think he is talking technical terms where Star Trek in the past has been focused on technobable.

I have never seen a single episode of the series, and only watched First Contact when I was a kid. This was awesome. The cast is fantastic, each character with his/her own distinctive swagger. The plot is frenetic, paced at warped speed and never slowing down, never ever having a boring moment. The humour is spot on. The visuals are good. And the whole thing provides a heck of a fun ride. Most impressive is its lightness, which is just about perfect - not campy yet never too serious. Everything just bloody works. Simon Pegg is awesome! I wont call this 'sci-fi', but a great summer blockbuster it certainly is.

Since when is a movie set in the future about a team of space explorers who battle aliens, explore new planets, and use silly things like phasers and teleporters not sci-fi?

Since when is a movie set in the future about a team of space explorers who battle aliens, explore new planets, and use silly things like phasers and teleporters not sci-fi?

lol

It's life Jim, but not as we know it!!

Seeing this on Sunday, really looking forward too it, hope it's as good as everyone is saying, specially after seeing that pile of turd Wolverine.