Need help choosing stand alone Blu-Ray player

It's because you did free super saver shipping... there's a reason why it's free ;)

If you do that, they take days to ship it out. if you pick any of the paid options they send it out the next day.

I have Amazon Prime and just about everything I buy is at my house within 2-3 days of me placing the order.

I know, but I like to save as much money as possible. :D

But actually, Amazon just shipped it just now via UPS and the delivery estimate is tomorrow. Wow, considering this is free shipping, this was pretty fast! I'm so excited.

BTW, I was reading a couple of reviews and some people complained that this model and BD-P1500 have audio dropout problems when using the optical output. I wonder how much truth there is to that. I hope I won't have that problem because my receiver was from 2005 and it only has a coax and optical input, no HDMI.

Edited by xraffle

I received my BD-P1600 Blu-ray player a few hours ago and I watch "Final Destination" on it. It played the whole movie flawlessly. I'm actually shocked at the improvement of sound that BDs have. The lightning in the movie really startled me. It also loads the discs really fast. The only complaints I have is that the player is a little slow rewinding and fast-forwarding both on BDs and DVDs. Also, this player doesn't handle layer change very well on DVDs. It takes a good 4-5 seconds to switch layers so the pause is quite long. I guess these Blu-ray players are only good for BDs. The upconversion is pretty good, though I would recommend that if someone were to get this player, they should have a separate DVD player for their DVDs (which I have).

Edited by xraffle

BTW, I was reading a couple of reviews and some people complained that this model and BD-P1500 have audio dropout problems when using the optical output. I wonder how much truth there is to that.

I've had no problems like that. :no:

I've had no problems like that. :no:

Neither have I...so far, at least.

BTW- I love how when the movie is playing and you press "menu" on the remote, the menu just pops up and the movie still plays. I wish DVDs did that.