Possible Kojima Productions Reveal? Big Boss Says Hi.

Here's Konami's PR:

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., announced today that Metal Gear Solid: Rising is currently in development for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft - the first Metal Gear Solid game to launch on the Xbox 360. Raiden, one of the most popular characters in the Metal Gear Solid universe, will star in the all-new title from Hideo Kojima. Raiden first debuted in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty PlayStation2 computer entertainment system as a playable character and appeared as a non-playable cyborg in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment system.

"The Metal Gear Solid series is one of the most highly acclaimed video game franchises of all time," said Anthony Crouts, Vice President of Marketing for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "With Metal Gear Solid: Rising, the Xbox 360 community will finally get a chance to enjoy the action and excitement that this popular franchise is known to offer."

Metal Gear Solid: Rising is scheduled to be released on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. For more information on Konami, please visit: http://www.konami.com

Well that's kind of a slap in the face, the only people following the hype of the counter were PS3 fans who are probably thoroughly disappointed at this point. The X360 players probably learned about it for the first time from the press release above, wtf were they thinking putting up a counter for this?

Am I the only one who thinks there's something still to be announced, certainly the Big Boss image hasn't been explained with MGS:Rising? And just checked out the Konami website, and theres a little wall which shows the two Konami games announced (Rising and Mask) but a huge space on the left, sure a new game will be announced?

That's a wild assumption to make and completely baseless.

Yeah it's an assumption, but considering they replaced "Tactical Espionage Action" with "Lightning Bolt Action" suggests to me that it will be more action and less sneaking, if any sneaking at all. Probably not a bad thing, I'm interested to say the least.

Am I the only one who thinks there's something still to be announced, certainly the Big Boss image hasn't been explained with MGS:Rising? And just checked out the Konami website, and theres a little wall which shows the two Konami games announced (Rising and Mask) but a huge space on the left, sure a new game will be announced?

Well have they said much as to what the PSP game will be about? The Big Boss image could have something to do with that, but I'm hoping for a separate MGS5.

Yeah, you could be right about that. Personally, I'd love MGS5 but with them developing Rising (suposedly as a multi-platform game), Mask, and a PSP game etc... I don't think it'll be just yet that a completely new game with Snake would be announced.

Yeah it's an assumption, but considering they replaced "Tactical Espionage Action" with "Lightning Bolt Action" suggests to me that it will be more action and less sneaking, if any sneaking at all. Probably not a bad thing, I'm interested to say the least.

Considering the outcome of MGS4, I don't think it was deserving of the Tactical Espionage Action subheading.

MGS4 new version for 360 with exclusive DLC paid for by MS?

+50 nerd points for self-quoting, but, I was close :)

Considering the outcome of MGS4, I don't think it was deserving of the Tactical Espionage Action subheading.

What does the outcome have to do with it? The gameplay was just as much a stealth game as any of prior games.