Crysis crashing (windows 7 64)

I guess you've done all the regular things - remove it (completely), reinstall, all patches, driver/windows updates, etc.

What error/problem do you get?

No I havent reinstalled it, takes too long for tonight

I was googling the problem and found this thread, and as it is happening to lots of others too, I am sure it is not a bad install,

The problem is the one the OP posted

Ahh okay. Try my above ideas and get back to us.

I think your missing my point, if you read the whole thread it is nothing to do with your above suggestions

My everything is fully updated and the game is doing the exact same thing as everyone else in this thread, reinstalling might fix it, but its not finding the cause for when it happens again

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, i searched the internet for a fix, and apparently this isnt windows 7 related, it happens in vista 64bit aswell.

So far ive not found a fix and its really ****ing me off.

The game basically wont start, when i open the game the screen is black for 10 seconds and then crashes.

Ive tried running as admin, running it in 32 bit, running it in vista compatibility, turning vsync off in the nvidia control panel and all the other things people suggested.

But why look elsewhere when i am a member of a forum with some of the greatest minds on the internet!

so any help would be fantastico!

even i had the same issue for around a week, then somehow i managed to crack it...

the thing that worked for me was that...

1.After installation install the patches upto 1.2 (1.21.1 not neccessary)

2.The game folders will have two folders, bin32 and bin64.

3.Use the nocd/dvd patch if u have and paste it in both the folders and replace it.

4.Now instead of opening from bin64 open the crysis file from bin32 folder (even if the shortcut says otherwise :p)

5. it worked ..:D

REMEMBER most people after doin everything like applyin patches, compatibilty issues, crackes etc..

make the mistake of opening the game from bin64

bin64 has two files namely 'crysis' n 'crysis64', both of which won't work

after the whole stuff use crysis from bin32 even if its vista or 7..

:)

hope it works for you

:D :D :D :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm a bit p'd off with this.

Installed Crysis on my Win7 64-bit machine and...it worked fine. Right up until I rebooted and stupid Gamespy Comrade decided to patch me to V 1.2.1, at which point if I try to do ANYthing from teh main menu, it crashes ("Crysis has stopped working" message hidden behind the screen).

So, given it worked in the first place, it CANNOT be that my graphics card can't run it - it's the same card! I also don't understand why the "bin64" files should stop working when

they were happily working before the patch.

Grrrrr!

• 1 year later...

Hi all ..i`ve specifically became a member of this forum just bcause i think i can help with the crysis problem..I recently bought a crysis game cd after i succesfully install n played crysis 2 on my new rig the asus N55s with a nvidea gt555 graphic card. I have problems to play the game though i manage to successfully install it. I knew theres nothing wrong with my lapyop since its a new one n everything is updated so i thought tht it must be something wrong with the installation process. Well im not that far off. For those who install through cd im sure ull see in the game folder tht theres some data which are either in rar or zip format. If u look in the game installation cd itself theres some data in those two formats and these format is later carried on into the game folder after installation. what i did was i unrar or unzip all the data from the folder data, data 11 and data 12 or whatever their names are in ure cd and merge them into one big folder in the game folder and walla...i could play the game on window 7 with no problem. No need to update anything first as i did tht with version 1.0 and played it with no problem at all. Give it a try i hope tht can help .

• Jim K locked this topic