HP Pavilion Dv2 REVIEW

Battery Life: 3 Hours

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium

Weight: 3.8lbs

With an impressive technical list that sounds more like a regular sized laptop but a small form factor and light weight to rival a small laptop, the DV2 is HP's answer to the problem of size vs. power. For many people who are turned off by the idea of small laptops, it could well be the solution if you are looking for a system capable of demanding tasks that won?t break the bank or your back.

A standard Dv2 features some pretty nice specifications for its form factor, far in advance of anything seen amongst the 10" netbooks. The standard Intel Atom processor is replaced by a similar speed Athlon Neo, 4GB ram and ATI Mobility HD 3410 graphics. Unlike most small laptops, the system runs on a 64 bit version of Windows Vista. It also features all the usual standard options of a regular 14" laptop such as DVD-RW drive and a 320GB hard drive. There's plenty of room for manoeuvrability and customisation in the design although obviously things can get quite expensive with the higher-end options.

-SOURCE:Laptopadivsor

post-292340-1242367240.jpg

Why do all laptop manufacturers insist on putting the trackpad offset instead of in the middle >.< by the time I get a new laptop in like 2 or 3 years they'll all be that way.

• 1 month later...

The DV2 has an external, but included dvd drive, and is supposed to run warm to hot and be loud due to fan noise. I've been reading reviews and looking over the one they have at Staples (they seem to be missing from Best Buy), but for $700 might be a better idea to buy a netbook for $300 and an external drive for $90 and save the $300. I know the dv2 would be more powerful, but less portable. The dv2 also runs Vista and would qualify for the Windows 7 free upgrade, a better option than running XP. the 12" screen will probably appeal more than the 10.1" most netbooks have.

Decisions, decisions....

• 1 month later...