Share speakers through LAN?

Hello,

I have 2 pc's. A desktop and a laptop. My speakers are plugged in, in my desktop. Is there anyway (preferably without software) to use those speakers from my laptop?

EDIT: both are on the same network...

Thanks in advance!

Remote Desktop onto the one with speakers. You can bring Sounds to the computer you have remoted on from. Check the settings before.

Start run mstsc /console (optional) (/admin if your on XPSP3 or higher)

Ok, I managed to Remote Desktop on my desktop.

But I don't understand the Remote Computer Sound option. Do have to choose, "bring to this computer" or "leave at remote computer"?

Tried both, but he keeps playing on the laptop...

Edited by L0u1s

Ok, I finally understand.

But the thing I want is, to play music from my laptop to the speakers attached to my desktop...

And not use the desktop to play music from the laptop...

Is this possible?

I'm running W7 on my desktop and XP SP3 on my laptop. Both Firewalls off. I'll try to enable upnp now.

Thanks for the help guys!

didn't find anything usefull in wmp12.

For the heck of it, I turned the process around. Installed Airfoil Speakers on my laptop, and Airfoil on my desktop. And the laptop (XP) was recognized immediately...

SO my bet is, W7 is blocking Airfoil. I disabled both windows firewall and windows defender, but still no luck...

If your laptop was on Windows 7, and in the same group. You can use Play-to in WMP 12.

Bingo, thats what I was referring to.

• 1 month later...
Yup, if... :)

But I don't like using WMP, so it's not really an option. But thanks anyway...

Hey... I'm sorry for bringing up an "old" topic, but you said you wanted the help "preferably" without software.

So if you still need the help, there is a program that does the job : Share Speaker Player

Works for me, hope it works for you : )

Daniel