10.2.6 on Software Update

It's out..

The 10.2.6 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for the following applications, services and technologies: Address Book, Graphics, Printing, OpenGL, and PC Card and USB hub device compatibility.

For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25448

You beat me to it. :(

What's new in this version:

Addresses an issue for Mac OS X 10.2.5 in which a kernel panic message may appear if certain USB hubs or devices are connected.

Improves printing compatibility for PostScript OpenType fonts.

Improves compatibility for Maya Auto Paint and Paint Effects features.

Addresses an issue for Mac OS X 10.2.5 in which English is the default language and Asian language scripts are not be available in the International preference pane, if a script's font is not available.

Improves compatibility for MacSoft Unreal Tournament 2003 on computers with GeForce 2MX and GeForce4MX graphic accelerator chipsets.

Address Book now supports the Sony Ericsson T610 phone.

has anyone else notice that the price of 10.2 has been dropping ever so quickly lately?

Really? It's still $129 at the Apple store for me.

its down from ?129 to ?89.99 here

Ok, confessional time. Every time one of these updates comes out, I have this irrational, compulsive urge to do a clean install and update, then reinstall everything else. I guess it's from years of Windows-induced idiocy and botched updates and incompatibilities. Anyways, do I *need* to do this, are there any benefits to doing this, or am I just completely wasting my time. Does the updating process leave behind any cludge or crud, like .old files or anything like that? I really think I need to break myself of this, but man, it's hard, and I feel like I should be reformatting every so often. Sorry that this is in the wrong thread, but it's really starting to bug me.

Ok, confessional time. Every time one of these updates comes out, I have this irrational, compulsive urge to do a clean install and update, then reinstall everything else. I guess it's from years of Windows-induced idiocy and botched updates and incompatibilities. Anyways, do I *need* to do this, are there any benefits to doing this, or am I just completely wasting my time. Does the updating process leave behind any cludge or crud, like .old files or anything like that? I really think I need to break myself of this, but man, it's hard, and I feel like I should be reformatting every so often. Sorry that this is in the wrong thread, but it's really starting to bug me.

you're just wasting your time, run the update then run cocktail

well its always good to do, but i dont think necessary. the last time i did a clean install and update was when 10.2.3 came out and since then things are running perfectly fine

the only time you should be doing something like that is with major releases. then i would reccomend doing an archive & install on your startup volume. point releases though... do what wickedkitten said - just run the installer, then run cocktail and let it do it's thing.

totally understand. :D i had this bad habit last time, but figured out that i had better things to do with my time, so don't do that! you know, i always go to system pref - software updates every now and then to see if any update is out... a really bad thing Microsoft has taught me.

in the vein of insurgents posts, i know exactly what u mean. That and i just reformatted my had drive at least once a month trying different OS's for fun and for somehting that worked, i dont think ill be doing that anymore either :)

Software Update just told me that the 10.2.6 update is available.

From the Apple site:

Addresses an issue for Mac OS X 10.2.5 in which a kernel panic message may appear if certain USB hubs or devices are connected.

Improves printing compatibility for PostScript OpenType fonts.

Improves compatibility for Maya Auto Paint and Paint Effects features.

Addresses an issue for Mac OS X 10.2.5 in which English is the default language and Asian language scripts are not available in the International preference pane if a script's font is not available.

Improves compatibility for MacSoft Unreal Tournament 2003 on computers with GeForce 2MX and GeForce4MX graphic accelerator chipsets.

Address Book now supports the Sony Ericsson T610 phone

its alright...its a mistake many of us have made before :)

well... it's a first for me! :blush: Anyway, thanks for pointing it out so quickly! It's comforting to see how neowinians are always up to the job! :)

It feels odd, this is probably the longest I can remember without a system compromising glitch or the need to reformat...

4 or 5 months...with windows no way it woulda lasted this long...

It feels odd, this is probably the longest I can remember without a system compromising glitch or the need to reformat...

4 or 5 months...with windows no way it woulda lasted this long...

:) i've had the same setup since last august 20th. i know this because that's when i got my iMac and i formatted/installed os 10.2 that day. smoooooooooth sailing ever since.