(Team ICO) Project Trico Screenshots + Trailer?

featureprojecttrico1.jpg

Here is an early peek at Project Trico, Team ICO's third game for the PlayStation family of consoles. These are very early screenshots, and some elements you see here may not make it to the final product. Stay tuned, we have more to come!

psls-trico-59781-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-59811-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-60355-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-60524-150x150.jpg

psls-trico-60525-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-60526-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-60646-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-60681-150x150.jpg

psls-trico-60903-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-60985-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-61040-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-61082-150x150.jpg

psls-trico-61240-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-61426-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-61465-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-61995-150x150.jpg

psls-trico-62048-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-62141-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-62215-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-62273-150x150.jpg

psls-trico-62392-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-62550-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-62595-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-62688-150x150.jpg

psls-trico-62824-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-62882-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-62925-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-62985-150x150.jpg

psls-trico-63099-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-63118-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-63284-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-63334-150x150.jpg

psls-trico-63384-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-63436-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-63605-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-63642-150x150.jpg

psls-trico-63665-150x150.jpgpsls-trico-63685-150x150.jpg

Trailer

Back in 2001, I had picked up a Jampack Summer demo disc. After checking out the demos available, I came across a game I hadn't heard of before and it turned out to be the shining star of that demo disc. That game was ICO. The demo had me immediately smitten with the first title coming out of the new studio, Team ICO.

When ICO was finally released in September of 2001, it was a day one purchase. From that point on, I eagerly awaited their next title. When the first details of Shadow of Colossus was shown the gaming community was in a frenzy. And when it finally dropped in October of 2005 the game received rave reviews, and for good reason.

Ever since then PlayStation fans have been drooling for any bit of info they could get on Team ICO's first leap into the next generation of PlayStation with the PS3. We have seen what they had done with the limited PlayStation 2 hardware, so having resources such as the cell, and blu-ray fans are expecting an even more impressive showing this time around.

Team ICO is led by famed game designer Fumito Ueda. Ueda, being scheduled to speak at this years GDC back in March, had fans awaiting some type of announcement. However nothing was shown. When Ueda was asked about the upcoming project, he had this to say?

[inden

The Japan studio bosses are here so I can't say anything specific, but it might be something similar to what's been done. ? The essence of the game is rather close to 'Ico.

- Fumito Ueda, Team ICO, GDC 2009

[/indent] Up until now, the only image that has been released about Team ICO's next game is a single image of a chain hanging down what appears to be a well. Today we help lift the curtain off of this project a bit and shed some light on what Fumito Ueda has been up to these past few years and as you will see, it is rather close to ICO.

This is very early footage the next game from Team ICO. As with most early footage you can expect graphical enhancements for the final product. Some of these elements, such as the main character, or scenarios you see here may not make the final cut.

Source: http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/05/19...co-screenshots/

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-Threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

If real, looks incredibly early, one must question how did this site get a-hold of this content? Bit of pre-E3 drama, there's no way if Sony were planning on unveiling this title at E3 they'd do it before, it would be main stage reveal clearly. Either way expect this to probably get pulled by Sony soon:laugh:ugh:

First and only official picture released by Sony in relation to this project

teamico_ps3_first2.jpg

vs leaked video

http://i41.tinypic.com/ke670m.jpg[/imedit: GAF mods say it's real, but early internal footage hence it being called "Project Trico" (obvz not final name). Damn Sony are being killed with the leaks this year! PSP and this, and possibly :laugh:ugh: Last year it was MS with that marketing firm that leaked a ton of stuff to do with Avatars/NXedit2:

So they finally showed this video, it's over a year old, can't wait to see what it looks like now, from what I hear, it's amazing. Wanted to post about this for so long but was asked kindly by my source not to say anything because at the time, few people had been shown the trailer.

This is old footage, very old.

And yeah even in this early test footage, the animation looks REALLY good. Which is where Ueda and company has always been strongest. So it follows that even though the visual end may seem somewhat weak (and this is probably alpha **** right here), the animation is shining through.

I love what I see. It is not fake, again.

Man you guys are hard to convince. It is reaaaal

this was shown internally over a year ago, and it's finally leaking. That does not necessarily mean it will be showing at E3. It just means a video out in the "ether" has been leaked, for what reasons is unknown.

Someone quoted me from another forum on the last page.

I'll repeat, this video is over a year old people.

Again.

This is early test footage from well over a year ago internally. This is not a trailer that would be shown at E3. This is not an indication that the game will be shown at this year's E3, or even this year's TGS.

This is just that test footage. All it confirms is that the game exists (duh!), and that it features a boy and a birdrat colossus that aids him.

I'm confirming it, Amir0x will back me up on this. It's an internal video, not a trailer and over a year old.
No, but modding at GAF makes me have to see certain things not fit for consumption for the public (at the time they were revealed). I don't think I'm overstepping my boundaries (now that the video is out) to say that over a year ago when the video was first shown internally, a thread popped up at GAF containing details exactly like what was shown in this video. We had to remove that. When we have to remove things, that means it is real.
Sources have told 1UP that video of Project TRICO has been floating around internally at Sony since well over a year ago -- this could very well be that video. Will Sony finally unveil the game at E3? Is this what we'll see when they first show it? We'll have to wait and see.

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174299

Think it's safe to say the footage is indeed real.

Edited by Audioboxer

Falkor?? The Neverending Story?? That is what I thought. Now I want to see that movie :D

I like that trailer, the graphics need work but its an early footage.

As mentioned in a lot of the quotes, it looks good for year old footage. The animation looked great so will certainly be top notch when eventually released. :D

Oh my god, looks like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus combined into one game, SotC is in my top 5 games of all time across all consoles id have to get a PS3 if this is true.

Leaked Trico footage is real, talk casts doubt on E3 reveal

trico2.jpg

VG247 has it on cast iron authority that the Trico footage leaked overnight is real.

Strict anonymity surrounds the information.

The footage, as has now been widely speculated, is over a year old.

We've also been told this morning that the game may not sufficiently advanced enough for an E3 reveal.

Great fear surrounds this, Ringo. We're waiting on comment from Sony.

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2009/05/20/leaked-tri...t-on-e3-reveal/

I really hope it does surface at E3 so we can see how it's changed/progressed, but from a sense perspective TGS would seem more likely as it's made by SCEJ, not SCEA.

We'll see.

Will Team ICO Still Make E3?

Many of you probably remember that I broke a story in March confirming that Team ICO's next project would be introduced at E3. With the latest leak of "Project Trico", I have had several gamers asking me if we would still see ICO at E3, or if the announcement would be pulled. I just wanted to let everyone know that the E3 trailer is still on schedule, and it is NOT the leaked trailer. So, you can expect to see more in a couple weeks!

Source: http://www.cgreviews.com/site/blogs/blog1....o-still-make-e3

Edited by Audioboxer

Damn that looks nice, never played Ico or SotC unfortunately but have always heard good things about them, hopefully this will shine and I will actually get round to buying it.

Oh my god, looks like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus combined into one game, SotC is in my top 5 games of all time across all consoles id have to get a PS3 if this is true.

Did you ever see the SotC prototype?

Glad it ended up single player :p I assume the video hints at it being Co-Op.

Amazing, i see it lived up to the concept then, i am glad it was single player but having multiplayer coop would have been interesting having to work together to bring down the beast.

The more i watch the Trico concept video the more i wanna play it, the emotion thats conveyed in a few short minutes without speech or text cues is amazing its how i felt playing Shadow of the Colossus, Team ICO sure have something special about them.

Edited by Richard Hammond

Sony Refusing to Comment on trICO

trico2.jpg?w=450&h=90

Our first thought when we seen the news that the first video of Team ICO's newest game trICO went onto the internet, when we seen the video, we first thought "wow". Our second thought was to email Sony on the subject, to confirm if Fumito Ueda will be at E3 in two weeks time with trICO in toe.

The response: ?

Yup, nout. Sony said that on the subject of Team ICO, they werent commenting on it.

The official line given to us was:

With regards to the Team ICO video, I'm afraid we're not commenting on this.

Which means that, unlike SCEA, SCEE do acknowledge it, they're just not talking about it as such.

Which now worries us even more now considering the earlier news that a E3 reveal is now 50-50. But considering the positive reaction to the trailer, surely it will lead somewhere to a reveal 2 weeks from now, right? Mind you, no comment basiclly means it's coming or real, in this case, it's real. We shall see.

We shall see?

Source: http://goonlinegames.net/2009/05/20/sony-r...mment-on-trico/

I don't care when it comes out as long as it does. Frankly, the fall line up is pretty solid between first and third party so if we don't see the game release this year it's almost okay, as long as we know we are getting it in 2010. Now if we could get ICO and SotC on PSN, that would really make me happy.

Fan art wasn't long in starting :p

Real

16krlgz.jpg

2rnv6kn.jpg

Fan Art

4lmuit.jpg

1zyxaa9.jpg

2s7xoch.jpg

2ymeutx.jpg

Edited by Audioboxer

Man this looks awesome.

I'm still hoping for some sort of Shadow of the Colossus in HD, since it was one of my favourite games last gen, and for like, all time! lol.

But this, I know it was mentioned that it would be somewhat similar to both SotC and Ico, but it looks it too.

The "Kitty Dragon", that Joystiq refereed it to, looks adorable. But from the look of it it is going to be a sad ending. :(

Can't wait for more info, and can't wait for the game. :D

ICO in HD wub.gif

As nice as Ico looked, i don't think it can really take advantage of being in HD.

so Shadow of the Colossus in HD or GTFO. :p

From Eurogamer Italy:

Quote:

Questa sera abbiamo sostanzialmente saputo ci? che sar? e onestamente non pensavo neppure io di restarci cos?. Sorprese "fantasiose" all'orizzonte, da strapparsi i capelli e andare dal "tricologo"...

Let me translate...

This evening we've sufficiently learned what will be shown at the event, and, honestly, I didn't even think I would be this impressed. "Fantastical" surprises on the horizon, things that will make you go crazy and seek help from the "tricologist."

Hmm...