Windows 8 Pre-Alpha: Is it real? Or just a joke?

The name poped up on a Russian forum, nothing else, but I believe many geeks are crazy trying to dig for more infos.

This world is going crazy, but to hell with it, what me worry lol??

alfred-e-obama.jpg

hahaha I was waiting for something like this to come out. They really keep trying us dont they!

Pre-Alpha my ass. Hopefully one day people will have a little more common sense in these things. I hope that day is close, lets see.

Sounds well and truely fake, unless I reading it wrong it seems to imply Win8 will be NT8.1, we arn't even upto NT7 yet and I highly doubt Win8 will be so revolutionary it will jump 2 major versions :p (providing I read it right, so I could be talking nonsense). However, I have no doubt MS is talking Win8, but I doubt it's any more then a set of ideas and scetches on paper right now (if that).

its real it comes with minwin and winfs

:rofl: WinFS is dead and buried, when will people get it? minwin isn't a new kernel or anything like that persay, more of a concept to which Win7 utilises (so I believe). Pull the other one :p

I liked the Longhorn Reloaded idea, anyone ever catch that happening? Its been closed down now by MS, but they had a build of Longhorn, 4074 I think, and used that as a base OS and built upon it, basically fixing a lot of the problems it had. It looked really swish, still up to date in comparison with Vista and even 7 I thought. I tried to get an ISO of it working, but cant remember what stopped me in the end.

Anyway, Xerxes pointed out the build string states NT version 8.1. There is your proof this is a fake haha.

I doubt it is real.. right now Windows 8 is probably still on paper. Still building development teams. Going over features that people have submitted but didn't get to in Windows 7 to evaluate them to see if they can do them in Windows 8. Though it would not surprise me if they at least have got a working Codename by now. I think the person got it right about the major jump in version numbers makes me think less that it is real. This was a ploy I think to get web traffic to the site.

While I believe there is prototypes of Windows 8 floating around internally at the development labs at MS, there would be nothing that could possibly be considered a pre-alpha build out yet.

MS do have prototype builds of Windows, that is a known fact (such as the Blackcomb video in 2002, and the Longhorn trailer video), but anything that is shown by MS now would fall under prototype build, not a pre-alpha.

Hell even the build tag/iso filename couldn't be more wrong. Windows8_8.1.7990.0.debuggers(dbg).090516-1235_Pre-Alpha.ISO?

haha

Hell I could do a better just by just doing this.

7340.1.090516-1235_x64fre_client_en-us_Debug_Pre_Alpha-GRC1CULXFRER_EN_DVD.iso

Ha i beat you all

i am running Windows 20/20 ultimate 128bit edition build 18900 sighned by Barbra walters

Features

Windows search 12.1 : improved voice dynamic speech activated search algorytham parameters

Windows graphics layer virturalization 3.0 : All Video and or graphics subsystem now completly operating from a Virtural server unit outside the client side PC

Windows Multi-plex Core support : New now windows can support 200 based Grid arrey Multi-hz racks in configuration of 7

Windows VGHD support: imrpved version 1.3 support Visual graphics Hollow Deck support now supports Multi Mon configuration in 4x4 configurations

Much more to come in the comming months from Microsoft

Much more

Edited by notuptome2004

Ha i beat you all

i am running Windows 20/20 ultimate 128bit edition build 18900 sighned by Barbra walters

Features

Windows search 12.1 : improved voice dynamic speech activated search algorytham parameters

Windows graphics layer virturalization 3.0 : All Video and or graphics subsystem now completly operating from a Virtural server unit outside the client side PC

Windows Multi-plex Core support : New now windows can support 200 based Grid arrey Multi-hz racks in configuration of 7

Windows VGHD support: imrpved version 1.3 support Visual graphics Hollow Deck support now supports Multi Mon configuration in 4x4 configurations

Much more to come in the comming months from Microsoft

Much more

haha, mate that is pure gold :cool:

Actually, I wouldn't doubt that Microsoft has already begun work on Windows 8, but any pre-alpha would essentially be almost a clone of Windows 7. Anyone expecting to see any real user interface changes are about 2-3 years too soon.

It's entirely possible that Microsoft has begun work on Windows 8. However, a working product is highly unlikely. If they do have a working pre-alpha build of Windows 8, and I stress if, then it'll be a mere clone of Windows 7 with slight modifications.

Sounds well and truely fake, unless I reading it wrong it seems to imply Win8 will be NT8.1, we arn't even upto NT7 yet and I highly doubt Win8 will be so revolutionary it will jump 2 major versions :p (providing I read it right, so I could be talking nonsense). However, I have no doubt MS is talking Win8, but I doubt it's any more then a set of ideas and scetches on paper right now (if that).

that's what i thought also