(PC) Official Fuel thread + Specs

fuel_logo_h-1024x453.jpg

By Codemasters

Release date for Fuel PC in the UK was suppost to be 29th May, but amazon.co.uk, game.co.uk and play.co.uk have all but the game back till the 9th June 2009

At the moment, Codemasters have not confirmed this but expect a news update on this soon

Video 1:

(new today)

Video 2:

System Requirements

Minimum Specifications

• Windows XP/Vista. (if running Windows Vista SP1 is recommended)

• DirectX 9.0c

• Pentium D @ 3.0GHz or equivalent Athlon 64 X2 CPU

• 1GB RAM

• Graphics Card: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 with 256 MB of VRAM

• DirectX Compatible Sound Card

• Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive

• 6 GB Hard Drive Space

Recommended Specifications

• Windows XP/Vista. (if running Windows Vista SP1 is recommended)

• DirectX 9.0c

• Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz or Athlon 64 X2 4200+ or better

• 1.5GB RAM.

• Graphics Card: GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon HD 3800 series with 512 MB of VRAM or better

• Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Sound Card.

• Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive

• 7 GB Hard Drive Space

Other Requirements:

Initial activation requires internet connection for Multiplayer; Online play requires log-in to Games for Windows - LIVE; requires disc in drive to play (unlimited installations); software installations required including Sony DADC SecuROM, Games for Windows - LIVE.

TCP/IP mode (2-16 players) Requirements

• Broadband internet connection required (512kbps+ recommended)

• TCP/IP Network

Supported Graphics Cards

ATI Radeon x1800, x1900, x1950, HD2600, HD2900, HD3450, HD3650, HD3850, HD3870. HD4850, HD4870, HD4870X2

NVIDIA Geforce 7800, 7900, 7950, 8500, 8600, 8800, 9600, 9800, 9800GX2, GTX260, GTX280, GTX285, GTX295

Supported Controllers

FUEL™ can be configured to use almost any PC controller, however we recommend the following controllers for the best game play experience:

• Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Update 22/05/2009

Release Dates:

launching on June 5th in the UK, June 4th in Mainland Europe and June 2nd in the US, for the PS3 and Xbox 360, with a Games For Windows edition to follow

this is not good news for the PC version

Edited by Unimatrix Xero

this is Codemaster's , and by extension the PC's answer to Motorstorm?

Well, somewhat. Fuel offers a lot more option and varied gameplay, it blows Motorstorm away in terms of freedom, options and content. Can't tell you about the gameplay though.

Sigh its got the horrible floaty car syndrome that GRID had i think ill pass this one up.

have u played the game yet? where did u hear this info?

Well, somewhat. Fuel offers a lot more option and varied gameplay, it blows Motorstorm away in terms of freedom, options and content. Can't tell you about the gameplay though.

in the new video, when the player's car crashed into the overturned tractor or whatever it is at the 3 minute mark, the way it handled that almost made me forget that it wasnt a Motorstorm sequel

we could start picking that video apart now that we've seen it... did anyone notice that at 2:02, the tornado dissapeared? and when the opponents cars went into the tornado, they merely got disabled... you could see at 4:04 that the car in front of you stopped kicking up dust with its wheels, instead it started billowing black smoke... wouldnt it be neat if it got picked up and tossed away?

Edited by carmatic

mmm... a seaside winding highway littered with car wrecks... does this remind you of anything?

monster truck class... notice that the wheels are collision-free... hmm...

at the beginning you can see the start sign pop into view in the fog...

the monster truck wheel thing has been fixed, your linking an old build there, in fact from viewing all the vids those are old builds, you might want to check the NEW video i posted at the top of the page

also why are people bitching so much about the video, if you dont like, dont play it simple as that and move on

Probably more like GRiD

Yea, I saw your post above and unfortunately I never played GRiD so it looks like I'm out of luck.

On a side note, why does CodeMasters capitalize their game names except for the i's?

also why are people bitching so much about the video, if you dont like, dont play it simple as that and move on

aah hahahahah ... watching a video to realize you dont like it, THEN get told to not watch it in the first place

that is so easy for you to say , isnt it

how are people supposed to know there are even different builds of the game?

Can't wait for it :) Should keep me happy until DiRT 2 is out at least.

Basically sums up my feelings now that you informed me about this game. I really hold DiRT2 holds up well. I don't play a whole lot of racing games all the way through so DiRT was a great anomaly for me.

Probably more like GRiD
Yea, I saw your post above and unfortunately I never played GRiD so it looks like I'm out of luck.

On a side note, why does CodeMasters capitalize their game names except for the i's?

It's GRID, not GriD. They've only done that with DiRT. :p

DiRT.pngGRID.png

You bought Universe at War, you're opinion is useless.

You bought/played:

King Kong, Avatar, EndWar, NFS games, Quantum of Solace...could go on.

useless rating to teh max for massive damage!

:wub: