(PC) Official Fuel thread + Specs

Meh, who gives a toss.

Apparently, Mystic and DrunknMunky does.

You bought/played:

King Kong, Avatar, EndWar, NFS games, Quantum of Solace...could go on.

useless rating to teh max for massive damage!

:wub:

I only bought one of those, so you are still one down.

Let's get back on topic, people. This game looks good and I hope it runs good. I haven't played DiRT and it's been awhile since I played an off-road racing game. Any word on a [PC] demo?

there is nothing on a demo for the moment tbh dont hold out for one

Ah, that sucks. A demo would've been nice.

Will there be weapons?

No! It's a racing game ? but I'm detecting trace amounts ojokei> in your post.

Ah, that sucks. A demo would've been nice.

He's from Sunderland give him some slack

jk rofl

After attempting to play GRiD due to its very good reviews, I gave up and uninstalled it. The controls were absolutely horrible on my Logitech Wireless Rumblepad 2 Controller. It was absolutely pathetic. Even after downloading and installing the patch, the controls were so sensitive that I could not play it in cockpit view (which is one of the main features of the game). I feel quite bad for being part of the fortunate majority who enjoyed the game.

Fuel doesn't look interesting at all since it doesn't seem to deliver anything special. It just has the ridiculous arcadey motion and silly tracks (such as the tornado and random debris shown the new video). There has not been one decent racer on the PC since Test Drive Unlimited and Toca Race Driver 3 that does not require a steering wheel.

This sort of racing game needs weapons it's just no fun when the guy behind you making you spin off takes you position and gets away with it.

EuroGamer is the only place that seems to share my opinion on most games, they tend to score a lot of games a bit lower than most which I like. So this is a big fat skip-O.

i wouldnt trust Eurogamer reviews as far as i can throw them, and not very far lol

Same here, I used to trust Eurogamer reviews but I don't anymore.

Anyway in this months OPM they had a review and they gave it 8/10. I'll post some scans of it later. :)

EDIT:

Here is the scan of the OPM review for you. :)

post-112768-1243435695_thumb.jpg

Edited by DARRKCLOUD

Same here, I used to trust Eurogamer reviews but I don't anymore.

Anyway in this months OPM they had a review and they gave it 8/10. I'll post some scans of it later. :)

EDIT:

Here is the scan of the OPM review for you. :)

post-112768-1243435695_thumb.jpg

I tend to trust GameSpot and GameTrailers. I'll be grabbing this game either way :)

I tend to trust GameSpot and GameTrailers.

I normally trust GameTrailers video reviews, OPM and GAMES

I'll be grabbing this game either way :)

Me too, I was going to preorder it with inFAMOUS and Red Faction Guerilla but it came to too much money so I am going to buy it when I get the money. :)

little news update for the PC people:

release date is still unconfirmed at the moment, Amazon, game.com, play.com and other are showing Fuel on a release date of the 19th June, but the codemasters website is showing the 5th June as release date

Codies have not confirmed anything atm

Yeah :-/ Got this a couple of days ago

Thank you for the following order placed with GAME.

Order number(s):

xxxxx

As you may already be aware, the UK release date for Fuel has changed to 19-Jun-2009. Changes to release dates are relatively common in the videogames industry and are unfortunately beyond our control.

Don't worry, your order is still live and will be despatched prior to its release date via your chosen method of delivery.

• 1 month later...

well Fuel for PC is offically released this Friday and ive just placed my order, should be with me for Friday morning.. play.com

Based on reviews and user opinions it's not even worth the wasted HDD space by pirating it :laugh:

I watched the Gametrailers' HD review and the reviewer tore Fuel into little itty bitty pieces because of how bland the landscape and how flawed the GPS system were.

well Fuel for PC is offically released this Friday and ive just placed my order, should be with me for Friday morning.. play.com

It was supposed to be out last friday. When I found out it was delayed I just cancelled the order.

Yes, I loved GRID and Dirt. But considering the reviews, and the constant pushing back of a the release date I decided I don't want to give Codemasters any more of my money. Maybe if they release the GRID 1.3 patch that was promised 6 months back I'll change my mind. But I Doubt it.