Stream TV Shows via Torrenting

Silencer

So we finally have an application which has the good side of torrenting :rolleyes: Introducing Stream Torrent:

post-32489-1243139262.jpg

Torrenting has just gone to the next level! Steam Torrent, a freeware program, gives users the ability to watch their favorite TV channels across the globe (mostly Chinese channels) by downloading and seeding data (sharing) through the bit torrent technology. Currently there are more than 400 channels to choose from some ranging with high bitrates (excellent quality) to poor cellphone quality videos.

Source: Here's my experience with Stream Torrent

Download Stream Torrent

Are we stepping into the future of torrenting? ;)

qdave

this is a great concept. hopefully it will have proper chanel as well (and not region blocked)

Statikk
So we finally have an application which has the good side of torrenting :rolleyes: Introducing Stream Torrent:

post-32489-1243139262.jpg

Source: Here's my experience with Stream Torrent

Download Stream Torrent

Are we stepping into the future of torrenting? ;)

Seems like an interesting program. After reading your review it sounds more like a proof of concept and less like something that the masses will flock to. Definitely something that I will keep an eye on as it develops. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. :)

Silencer
this is a great concept. hopefully it will have proper chanel as well (and not region blocked)

They need to improve on how the channels are listed. Perhaps some categories would be useful ;)

The_Observer

mm thats really interesting...

hdood

Unless it's operated by the TV stations themselves, it is still piracy, so why not just make it more convenient and download a torrent of an episode instead.

+M2Ys4U
Unless it's operated by the TV stations themselves, it is still piracy, so why not just make it more convenient and download a torrent of an episode instead.

I know that the BBC have been funding research into streaming torrents, but at the moment it's more than likely a pirate stream.

Digitalx

rather more direct service like livestation personally.

correct me if im wrong but free to air public domain television isn't piracy as end users have no license agreement or anything specially corrospondence like BBC

Silencer
rather more direct service like livestation personally.

correct me if im wrong but free to air public domain television isn't piracy as end users have no license agreement or anything specially corrospondence like BBC

That's true for the case of BBC ;-) How about the rest?

Digitalx
That's true for the case of BBC ;-) How about the rest?
(mostly Chinese channels)

'nuff said lol

Silencer
'nuff said lol

Haha. Well, the CCTV network works in similiar ways with BBC as they're both news organizations.

Digitalx
Haha. Well, the CCTV network works in similiar ways with BBC as they're both news organizations.

I was meaning jokingly even if they were pirated it's chinese focus in which china has like the highest piracy rates of anywhere not much gets done about it so i doubt they care too much lol :p

Pupik

P2P streaming application has been done before (TvAnts for example), and offered the same services and [****ty] channels.

ViZioN

Interesting...will keep an eye on this and see how it develops.

Inctye

If they can work out the logistics properly and build a strong app, then it might become something. This would work best for live tv, especially sports games. Most people would rather download an episode of their favorite tv show and watch it as if it were recorded on their dvr without any commercials.

One question that I have is: how is this different from sopcast/tvants/tvu player? Those three already have an established following and work as p2p where person seeds their peers a certain amount of the total stream. And then we have sites like Justin Tv and Ustream which are sufficient enough for most purposes, but these sites rely on their servers to be able to handle the load of stream distribution rather peer-to-peer streaming.

Silencer
If they can work out the logistics properly and build a strong app, then it might become something. This would work best for live tv, especially sports games. Most people would rather download an episode of their favorite tv show and watch it as if it were recorded on their dvr without any commercials.

One question that I have is: how is this different from sopcast/tvants/tvu player? Those three already have an established following and work as p2p where person seeds their peers a certain amount of the total stream. And then we have sites like Justin Tv and Ustream which are sufficient enough for most purposes, but these sites rely on their servers to be able to handle the load of stream distribution rather peer-to-peer streaming.

I probably would want to watch news programs or sports games which are Live rather than recorded ;-)

hdood
I know that the BBC have been funding research into streaming torrents, but at the moment it's more than likely a pirate stream.

The BBC already does streaming, but only for its license payers. Everyone else has to pay for BBC programming (usually by subscribing to a channel that buys programs from the BBC).

You are wrong. There is no such thing as "public domain television." In fact, most countries do not even have a concept of "public domain." Everything shown on television is copyright protected*. The TV station has a license to broadcast it, but you do not have a license to create and distribute new copies of it.

*With a few exceptions where the broadcasters explicitly state so, such as content made by the US government.

SMELTN

I love the concept. Hopefully it will get stronger in the future

Jase

wish there was a mac version.

Crazysah
I love the concept. Hopefully it will get stronger in the future

Yeah same here. I love it as well.