• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

IE and the status bar

Question

T4G3RXIII    206

I have a disappearing status bar and it ticks me off!! When I first start up IE, there is no status bar so I select it through the View menu. That's fine and dandy until I open a new window (Ctrl+N) and dammit, there's no status bar! :disappoin I depend on my status bar whenever I mouse over a link.

Is anyone else eXPeriencing this problem and any workaround? MSKB has no article on it.

3 answers to this question

krsmit0    0

what you need to do is close all IE windows, then just open one, turn on the status bar, then close the window, this should save the settings.

try that.

Roger H.    777

haha.. well you didn' save the option from the last window. You have to close the window with the status bar ON before it will save it. Just open a window and set it like you want it then just close it or choose file - then close.... whenever you open any other windows it will be there...

T4G3RXIII    206

Tried it and nope, didn't work. The status bar stayed for the initial window then disappeared when I opened a new one or clicked a link that opens a new window. :dead:

I even have the Remember each folder's view settings checked in Folder Options for Windows Explorer (like it would make any difference).