[rel] Gmail Notifier Plus for Windows 7

Im sure this had been asked/answered but why cant we see the mail number when the superbar is set to small icons ?

Because Microsoft won't let applications do anything dynamic in the superbar when it's small. It'll only display the application's icon, and a progress bar.

Hmm, I wonder if you could indicate/clear new messages using the progress bar function...

Because Microsoft won't let applications do anything dynamic in the superbar when it's small. It'll only display the application's icon, and a progress bar.

Hmm, I wonder if you could indicate/clear new messages using the progress bar function...

maybe something like this for new email notification? example: the progress bar fills completely when you have new email, or fills so much depending on how many new emails you have (like 2 or 3 emails = 20%-30% of the progress bar filled)

post-283030-12706721610697.png

maybe something like this for new email notification? example: the progress bar fills completely when you have new email, or fills so much depending on how many new emails you have (like 2 or 3 emails = 20%-30% of the progress bar filled)

post-283030-12706721610697.png

A bit overkill to be honest. Keeping the application simple is better IMO. The sort of notification is has now is just fine, maybe add support for "flashing" the icon when there's a new email would be a good idea :-)

For some reason now, I'm getting the message, "This program has stopped working". I am able to get to the info screen in the app, but when I submit, that is the time when I get the error. What could be causing this problem?

Thanks mate for the reply....i didnt know about that...

So sad for the news...:(

This apps is really great :)

Maybe to integrate notification with Growl for Windows could be easily done in a future version?

http://www.growlforwindows.com/gfw/developers.aspx#integration

Interesting, maybe it's a good idea to do that (make it optional too). I just think that Gmail Notifier+ needs a couple of notification methods. It apparently doesn't notify you properly if you have small superbar icons, and if you miss the notification sound for any reason, there's no way for you to know if you actually have mail or not, unless you manually check (which I do, and it's frustrating).

One more thing I wish to see is a resizeable configuration dialog. I have more than one account, and I wish to see them (or at least as much as possible) in the configuration dialog. Also would be nice if Daty adds an option to (re)order accounts in the account list.

Daty, would you share your ToDo list with us?

A bit overkill to be honest. Keeping the application simple is better IMO. The sort of notification is has now is just fine, maybe add support for "flashing" the icon when there's a new email would be a good idea :-)

Yes!! I want to use this app but using the full size icons is just a waste of space. Make the icon flash (like in Mensaging programs, for exemplo, Windows Live Messenger) when the program checks for messages and there are >0 to read. What do you think? If this is implemented I'll start using right way. For now I'm using a Notifier inside Firefox but I'd prefer this one.

Notifier is great application, but it has a major bug concerning check for new emails.

I have set it to check every 10 minutes. It checks for the emails, and get that there are 3 emails. I log to Gmail and there are 3 new emails. I delete (or archive) those 3, and there are no more new emails. In the next 10 minutes I get three new emails. Notifier than makes another check and reports nothing. It's still says that I have 3 new emails, but it's still showing previously found 3, not new emails. My guess is that call Notifier makes to Gmail to check for email is only checking number of emails not actually what those emails are.

Milan

Thank you so much for sharing your talent and hard work for free :)

I don't mean to sound greedy or ungrateful, but if it's not too much trouble, could you please make one for Windows Live Mail? :(

Is there anyone to change the browser that this program opens?

I hate the whole Google + Youtube linked account thing so I have to use 2 different browsers for Youtube and Gmail.

How how will it notify for new emails if it's minimized to tray? Guess it will require him to implement growl or something...

How how will it notify for new emails if it's minimized to tray? Guess it will require him to implement growl or something...

Growl, sound notification, animated tray icon (with mails count number maybe).

Growl, sound notification, animated tray icon (with mails count number maybe).

Or just stick to the Superbar item :p

daty2k1,

I just registered here only to write a comment.

That's a very nice tool, is it possible to make a suggestion? I would like to have the option to make the sound repeat until the unread messages are read. That's because I set my taskbar to 'auto hide' and sometimes I leave the computer alone. So when I return I did not hear the sound and can not see the unread numbers.

This feature is something I saw at the gmail addon for FireFox. Maybe Gmail Notifier+ can give a sound every time it checks for new emails and detects an unread email?

Cheers,

Arnie-75

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am a user from China. This software is fantastic. I really appreciate.

While I still have a tiny suggestion, I use opera not IE for surfing. when I click the "open" button, IE will be used for gmail sign in.So I wonder whether it is possible to add a option in setting to let user choose which browser they like to open gmail.

Thanks a lot!

Hi, I am a user from China. This software is fantastic. I really appreciate.

While I still have a tiny suggestion, I use opera not IE for surfing. when I click the "open" button, IE will be used for gmail sign in.So I wonder whether it is possible to add a option in setting to let user choose which browser they like to open gmail.

Thanks a lot!

I think you have to set Opera as your default browser. I use Firefox, I have that set as my default browser, and it always opens up in Firefox.

If there is a chance to turn on the overlay icon numbers when small icons (Taskbar and Start Menu properties -> Use small icons)? Here is a screenshot of Gmail Notofier without an overlay numbers:

gmailnot.jpg