[rel] Gmail Notifier Plus for Windows 7

Hy Guys! This program is fantastic, but after i cleaned up my fonts folder (because there were more than enough) the program stopps working under windows 7:

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: gmail notifier plus.exe

Problem Signature 02: 2.1.2.0

Problem Signature 03: 4ba7ca5c

Problem Signature 04: System.Drawing

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 4a275e83

Problem Signature 07: 7af

Problem Signature 08: 6c

Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1038

So could somebody possibly tell which font does this program use?

Hey daty2k1,

This software is great and I just registered here to make a suggestion: it would be great if, when clicking the main gmail notifier icon on the taskbar, your default browser would open with gmail, the same that happens when you click the "inbox" small icon on the preview.

Here, when I click the notifier icon on the taskbar, nothing happens.

Congratulations on the coding,

Leo.

Hy Guys! This program is fantastic, but after i cleaned up my fonts folder (because there were more than enough) the program stopps working under windows 7:

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

i got that too, anyone know how to fix it?

I have no problem with this app,i can only think of one thing that would make it better.

That is the possibillity to mark mail as read/arkive them directly from the app.

Checkgmail for linux has this and it's great.

Sorry to bring up another app but i needed something to compare your app with.

As far is windows 7 goes this is the best gmail notifier so far.

Thanks for a great app!

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

You've probably deleted some font that is required by .NET Framework or a system one, since (as far as I know) the application itself does not install any fonts...

On an unrelated note: great app, but I still miss one feature: would it pelase be possible to add a checkbox to the settings page allowing users to choose whether they want to be signed in automatically when opening their mailbox or composing message using the context menu items?

Thanks for considering this.

nvx

I got a problem.

If I use the user account to launch the GNP, the app can not display the unread email list.

I have to use the "run as administration", then it can works.

Any reason this isn't open source already? I'm browsing through the source code with reflector at the moment (want to make sure it's not doing anything naughty). Code looks pretty well done, wasn't mangled by the compiler much at all. I spotted a few places where it could use some optimization, but since it's not open I can't really contribute...

About the overlay with small icons, it's been asked many times but it is not possible due to taskbar restrictions.

The auto login thing is broken because of changes done by Google late last year and I still haven't found any solution.

I am really thinking about putting the code on Codeplex so that people can contribute since I rarely have time to work on this anymore. That way, people can also be sure that there is no spyware or other naughty stuff. I'll post here when it is available.

I'm really anxious to get this program working but there is an exclamation mark icon on the tray icon. It says:" please check your account settings" when I hover over it. What exactly do I have to alter to my settings to get it working?

Thank you very much!

I'm really anxious to get this program working but there is an exclamation mark icon on the tray icon. It says:" please check your account settings" when I hover over it. What exactly do I have to alter to my settings to get it working?

Thank you very much!

I believe you should check your account settings... ;) Just make sure your Gmail user name and password are correct (remember that you need to put the entire e-mail address in the user name field).

vt

Loving this app... I was just wondering if it would be possible to add Google Calendar notifications for incoming events aswell :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've always had a problem where I've never been able to open the settings on right-click once I've set my accounts up. Nothing happens. Only way to get it to work is to delete the settings.xml file in the AppData. Anyone else have this problem and/or a solution?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone discovered the solution for "gmail notifier plus has stopped working" problem? (Windows 7 64 bit)

Would like to know this myself. Anybody out there...?

Thumbs up!! This is a very handy software, ty so much!! :)

Would like to know this myself. Anybody out there...?

This is just a guess, but try setting the affinity of the app to just cpu 0 or cpu 1. Do this by right clicking the process in task manager and setting from there. I do this with some apps that crash and it seems to work. YMMV.

This is just a guess, but try setting the affinity of the app to just cpu 0 or cpu 1. Do this by right clicking the process in task manager and setting from there. I do this with some apps that crash and it seems to work. YMMV.

Still crashes. Has anybody with Win7 (64-bit) gotten this to work?

Still crashes. Has anybody with Win7 (64-bit) gotten this to work?

I did, for the first time, second time using it, it started to give me the error.

No update from the author in a month on opening the source. Since he seemed willing to open the source (or was at least entertaining the idea) I'm going to export the source with Reflector and put it on GitHub. There are enough users with problems (inlcuding myself) that I think this warrants that move. I will of course, be giving full credit. Sorry if this rubs anyone the wrong way, but it's a great tool with some big problems, and an MIA author.

No update from the author in a month on opening the source. Since he seemed willing to open the source (or was at least entertaining the idea) I'm going to export the source with Reflector and put it on GitHub. There are enough users with problems (inlcuding myself) that I think this warrants that move. I will of course, be giving full credit. Sorry if this rubs anyone the wrong way, but it's a great tool with some big problems, and an MIA author.

Please do. I believe there is enough interest and desire to have this application fully working for all users. Opening the source would be fantastic! (Y)

I am really thinking about putting the code on Codeplex so that people can contribute since I rarely have time to work on this anymore. That way, people can also be sure that there is no spyware or other naughty stuff. I'll post here when it is available.

That would be fantastic if you could open source it on Codeplex or Github. I for one would be more than willing to run it with the debugger constantly attached in order to get it stable. This is a great little application, one of the few that can manage multiple Google mail accounts, but it crashes or just silently stops working many times a day.