[rel] Gmail Notifier Plus for Windows 7

New version is up :) Also, I'd love to add Google Apps support but I don't really know how it works. Can anyone explain the differences with regular accounts?

New version is up :) Also, I'd love to add Google Apps support but I don't really know how it works. Can anyone explain the differences with regular accounts?

I'm downloading the app and when I unzip it there is nothing in the archive.. Tried Winzip, WinRar and 7zip.

Josh

I'm downloading the app and when I unzip it there is nothing in the archive.. Tried Winzip, WinRar and 7zip.

Josh

Nevermind, I redownloaded it again (for the 3rd time) and it's working.

Thanks

Same its bad upload

i cant unzip or unrar it i get errors

gotta redo up it again

now it works

thanks

Nice! Thank you daty2k1.

Btw, I recommend giving the application an installer, and having an option to have the program start at start up.

I changed the delay between checking emails to 0 minutes to see what would happen, and.. it crashed. Now it won't open again - as soon as I run the executable it says it has encountered an error and has to close etc. etc. So a validation check on the number of minutes entered would be awesome :). Can anyone help me as to how to get the application running again (where are user preferences stored?). I've tried deleting the file and downloading it again, even system restore won't work :/. Was great for the few seconds before I screwed it up though :p

I changed the delay between checking emails to 0 minutes to see what would happen, and.. it crashed. Now it won't open again - as soon as I run the executable it says it has encountered an error and has to close etc. etc. So a validation check on the number of minutes entered would be awesome :). Can anyone help me as to how to get the application running again (where are user preferences stored?). I've tried deleting the file and downloading it again, even system restore won't work :/. Was great for the few seconds before I screwed it up though :p

Ah yes, looks like I forgot one check. You can get it running again by deleting the configuration file. You can find it at C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Gmail Notifier Plus

i run it, log in... but no jump lists? lol whats up!

Yeah, it happens for some people :( I still can't figure out what's causing this.

Here's a crazy idea:

Enable support to open GMail in my dedicated Google Chrome GMail app shortcut. (Same idea as Prism / Google Gears - but Chrome)

:D

Great work though!

Really nice, thx!

Just a couple suggestions:

1. Google Apps support - if its a google apps account have it login to the Google Apps site when you open mail.

2. Multiple Account Support - Allow checking of multiple accounts either thru different badges for the different accounts or just multiple instances of the exe.

Thanks again,

Matt

In the URL you use there is the string "default" in there. Replace default with the Google Apps domain like "example.com" and that will be email for example.com domain.

Hope that helps.

Looking great. Personally I will add 2 more things. First is to play a something (possibility to chose) when is new email received and second to open Gmail when LMB presets directly on the icon in taskbar. That way don't need to wait until "balloon" popup. Other then that fantastic Gmail Notifier.

I love this program, but I have one change to suggest: tell Windows that Gmail Notifier needs the user's attention when new mail is received so that it flashes orange.

Hi there :)

Very nice tool and I love the way it uses the new taskbar functionality! I have one question though: would it be possible to make the mail count number bigger? I can hardly read what it says :(

Just a few things:

Install to Program Files (though this can be done yourself).

Shortcut in menu (this can also be done yourself).

Option to run at start up.

And a smaller footprint as right now it's using 10mb (though I know that isn't much, it seems a bit to much for what it does).

Just what I really need :D .

Thank you for this great app!

Edited by DannyDroid

Same problem for me as for some other people. Running Win7 RC 64bit.

I start it up and get no jumplists at all.

I have tried running as Administrator - still no jumplists.

Oddly enough...I ran it in WindowsXP SP3 Compatibility mode...and I get a jumplist - and everything in the jumplist works properly.

Hope that helps to fix it.