[rel] Gmail Notifier Plus for Windows 7

daty2k1, i have some more info for you on why the jumplist don't work properly.. a sec ago i started the app up.. it was still logging me in.. i right clicked on it, the jumplist worked fine! but then when it finalized the login, it disappeared!

maybe you can do something with this info ;) also did you get my PM?

also for the google apps support, what you might be able to do, is get the domain of the apps (i.e. @neowin.net) and like, if its not @gmail.com or @googlemail.com, you redirect them to mail.websitename.ext, i.e. if the user is name@neowin.net, you redirect them to mail.zeryl.net rather than the usual google.com/mail ..

Edited by thehosh

Same problem for me as for some other people. Running Win7 RC 64bit.

I start it up and get no jumplists at all.

I have tried running as Administrator - still no jumplists.

Oddly enough...I ran it in WindowsXP SP3 Compatibility mode...and I get a jumplist - and everything in the jumplist works properly.

Hope that helps to fix it.

Quoting myself so the information doesn't get buried...saw no response so I didn't know if it was read. I'm still running it in WinXP SP3 compatibility mode and its working fine.

Quoting myself so the information doesn't get buried...saw no response so I didn't know if it was read. I'm still running it in WinXP SP3 compatibility mode and its working fine.

yeeh tried that.. but didnt really work! also tried Vista, Vista SP1, and Vista SP2.. all without success!!

Hmmm it's really strange :( I also got some more info from a friend of mine. He was able to give me the detail of the exception and it said something like "Access denied". Also, he said that he was sometimes getting the jump list depending on which folder the exe was :blink: I wish I could reproduce it so I can see what's happening in the debugger.

Also, I now have a Google Apps account so it should definitely be in the next version :)

Hmmm it's really strange :( I also got some more info from a friend of mine. He was able to give me the detail of the exception and it said something like "Access denied". Also, he said that he was sometimes getting the jump list depending on which folder the exe was :blink: I wish I could reproduce it so I can see what's happening in the debugger.

Also, I now have a Google Apps account so it should definitely be in the next version :)

Well if it helps, I simply extracted the zip...and removed the version number from the folder name.

C:\Program Files(x86)\GmailNotifierPlus\*.exe

Thats the path I put it in. Again - I'm not getting any errors at all. When I launch it it shows up in the proper place, and when I hover the icon I get the thumbnail mail view. But I get no jumplists at all until I run it in WinXp compat mode.

only issues Im having is when using the compose or inbox button and getting taken to the gmail page upon closing firefox and relaunching I have been logged out of my google account

its rather annoying :(

awesome app tho :D thnx

cool app. i love it. the jumplist does work when i don't have any new emails, but when ever i get an email the jumplist disappears. I've ran it as administrator and compatibility mode in XP (SP1, SP2, SP3), vista (SP1, SP2) but still nothing. even when i read the new email (i have been sending myself test emails) the jumplist doesn't come back. a little annoying and keeping me from using this full time.

oh and to the people who don't like the icon can always change it, i did.

its on LifeHacker ( Gizmodo ) now

Front Page and Top story link

Looks sweet! One problem, I use hosted gmail and gmail notifier won't access those. If you could make it have the ability add that, i'd be greatly appreciative.

just email me if you need info on the hosted gmail accounts, ill see what i can do.

Looks sweet! One problem, I use hosted gmail and gmail notifier won't access those. If you could make it have the ability add that, i'd be greatly appreciative.

just email me if you need info on the hosted gmail accounts, ill see what i can do.

Don't worry, it will be in the next version ;)

cool app. i love it. the jumplist does work when i don't have any new emails, but when ever i get an email the jumplist disappears. I've ran it as administrator and compatibility mode in XP (SP1, SP2, SP3), vista (SP1, SP2) but still nothing. even when i read the new email (i have been sending myself test emails) the jumplist doesn't come back. a little annoying and keeping me from using this full time.

ok i did get the jumplist back when i have new emails. i ran it as administrator for all users (right click->properties->compatibility->'change setting for all users'->'run this program as an administrator'), but it dosn't show the unread emails in the jumplist like daty2k1 has

33m6c6e.png

post-248102-1244005638.png

It can't handle too many emails.

Wow, sorry I didn't think people would have so many unread mails in their boxes :blink: I don't think I will create overlay icons up to 999 but I can do something about the text being cut off.

Next version should be coming tonight or tomorrow hopefully.

could just make above 50 unread Emails the sign for Infinity ( sideways 8 ), lol

Just a thought...

A good idea is to put an option to link to a certain app upon clicking the taskbar icon.

THis way we can have Gmail opens in whatever browser we would like.