PSP GO Reveal

That is honestly the worst design I have ever seen. What in the hell is Sony thinking? I will keep my PSP 1, enjoy it and laugh at people who have that thing. Christ that thing is ugly.

Disagree. I don't think devs will use the more memory since it would limit who they could sell too, bluetooth doesn't really interest me (and I don't see many things that could use it really. Maybe headphones and accessories, but there aren't that many accessories that would benefit from it), flash memory = meh (before my PSP died I had an 8GB memory stick, and I'm sure the 16GB ones aren't that expensive now), and I'm pretty sure the slim and the 3000 support skype too. And its ugly as sin.

Perhaps it could use bluetooth connectivity amongst other PSP-GO's so that saved games, music, and pictures can be transferred

Looking at the HD Qore images the outside screen part looks good but I don't like that much the controls/inside part.

That is honestly the worst design I have ever seen. What in the hell is Sony thinking? I will keep my PSP 1, enjoy it and laugh at people who have that thing. Christ that thing is ugly.

Good thing that is just your opinion, and not an absolute truth.

Good thing that is just your opinion, and not an absolute truth.

Right, that's what a forum is: People's opinions. I'm surprised it took you over 19,000 posts to realize that. Congrats though.

On topic: who else thinks the analog stick will be uncomfortable?

Anyone else ready for a PSP2 with support for two analog sticks with a solid base memory so that the extra RAM can be used without isolating others (like now with 1st gen PSP owners)?

I am.

Because this PSP-Go looks like nothing more than an aesthetic upgrade. They can add features to it, but really, not many will be utilizing it at all.

It's also really ugly (imo). The current PSP looks a lot sleeker and more discrete. I guess I'm a fan of simplicity with devices.

This one looks way too flashy. All the dips and and detailing makes it look like a cheap Chinese knockoff. :/

But maybe I'm alone with my thoughts here.

I like this design more:

psp2_00.jpg

Right, that's what a forum is: People's opinions. I'm surprised it took you over 19,000 posts to realize that. Congrats though.

On topic: who else thinks the analog stick will be uncomfortable?

Aside from the low placement, I think the most uncomfortable part will be how it's so deeply recessed. It looks like the player would have to dig their thumb in there just to use it.

2ro5a9u.jpg

Hey, it actually looks nice at that angle. I'd probably get rid of the shiny rings if possible or just color them black along with the silver lining. I think it just accentuates the recessed look. I'd rather have a more subtle, less angular recess or no recess at all. It looks kinda ghetto as it is to me.

I'm really wondering if this will allow developers to get past the 1.8GB UMD size limit so that they can create bigger games (obviously still having a limit though, maybe 2-3GB per game). If so, that would be great for those who want Final Fantasy 7 on their PSP without having to do the PSX version (3 discs). Also, with all the rumors of possibly having a GTA: San Andreas Stories on the PSP, I've heard that the game wouldn't be able to physically fit on a UMD anyway, so maybe this could help?

2ir3z2g.jpg

And in that picture it looks to be too low. We need some reviews.

I'm really wondering if this will allow developers to get past the 1.8GB UMD size limit so that they can create bigger games (obviously still having a limit though, maybe 2-3GB per game). If so, that would be great for those who want Final Fantasy 7 on their PSP without having to do the PSX version (3 discs). Also, with all the rumors of possibly having a GTA: San Andreas Stories on the PSP, I've heard that the game wouldn't be able to physically fit on a UMD anyway, so maybe this could help?

I don't like the idea of only being able to store 5 games on the go.

I don't like the idea of only being able to store 5 games on the go.

Why would you only be able to store 5 games? You can add more memory using a Memory Stick...

It definitely will allow games to be bigger than 1.8GB, which imo is a good thing.

PS3 won't be shrinking till CBE and possibly RSX are at 45nm or CBE at least if RSX stays at 65nm either way a shrunken design doesn't have capacity for power or cooling sufficiently as it stands now.

As for PSP go... Stupid unergonomical design, silly name it doesn't really make sense since besides maybe dropping UMD drive there's not much that needs or should be changed about it design wise