PSP GO Reveal

I think the size is fine (storage I mean), since you'll be able to buy more space with memory sticks. I hate the control layout, though. I think that will keep me from getting this.

At first, I really didn't like the extra round look of the system, but overall, I think it'd be better for my hands. Hell, I find myself fumbling with the DS Lite after a short while simply because it feels weird. Hopefully, the PSP Go will excel in that area. Overall, it looks very very sleek, good specs, and the thinking behind it seems well thought out. Digital downloads are proving to be the way to go, even with PC gaming as Steam has shown us. Hopefully, Sony will be able to get this idea rolling to meet our needs.

As for the controls, I don't really see the problem. I've never had an issue with the D-pad, but the analog thought is nice, especially if it works out in terms of overall feel and control. Don't really see a use for a secondary analog stick, but maybe that's just me. Start and select seem to be well placed for easy access.

Wow that thing is ugly; I'd rather have the old one. What happened to Sony's designs?

This was really something I was interested in too. Oh well.

What's up with the analogue nub placement? It looks so uncomfortable....

Trying to use the nub (analog stick) and the buttons at once seems a bit cramped for those with larger hands.

It is indeed fugly, its sony mylo + PSP = PSP GO with ugly written all over the place

Trying to use the nub (analog stick) and the buttons at once seems a bit cramped for those with larger hands.

Looks cramped for anyone with hands bigger than a 7 year old :p

Is the screen the same size? I know details about resolution aren't out but to be because the device looks smaller itself, the screen "seems" smaller, but it probably isn't.

I wonder what the battery life will be like!

Playing with photoshop to see how it would look with black rings instead of silver.

post-1522-1243720330_thumb.jpg

Is the screen the same size? I know details about resolution aren't out but to be because the device looks smaller itself, the screen "seems" smaller, but it probably isn't.

I wonder what the battery life will be like!

This one is 3,8" (from a post up this thread), while the old one was 4,3" I think.

It looks really cheap and tacky. The original looked better in my opinion.

I agree, i'm not too impressed with this :( Guess I will have to wait and see when it's released. I will get one, just because I have all Sony Consoles .. but yeah, bleh :(

I think it's really just the way the holes for the analog nub and start/select buttons are arranged that give it a sloppy look. If the holes were a bit more uniform, instead of circles that appear almost haphazardly arranged, then with those cleaner lines, they probably wouldn't need those silver rings around the D-Pad and buttons to strengthen the look of the bottom.

In terms of feel, it might actually feel better than it looks like it will.

@ KoL: I'll definitely have to get the rings black if I ever buy this. :D

@ Kyang: I agree with you. :yes:

Took KoL's Photoshop to an unprecedented level by adding The Dark Knight's Batman logo! :rofl:

Don't know about you guys but it's one of the first thing I saw in that spot. They should've added something there, like a mini touch strip for volume or whatever...

untitlged4.png

Also, as a graphics designer like other folks here... I don't know what it is exactly, but I hate it when shapes clip into each other. It just looks tacky and unrefined. I circled the areas to show what I mean, lol...

Anyone else think it looks tacky?

Yup it looks very tacky and cheap. Usually Sony are pretty good on the Hardware design making things look attractive but this thing just screams 'Kill me!, I wasn't meant to be!' - If this is their answer to the Nintendo DS they know less about Game consoles then I ever thought possible.

Now this (Which I believe most of you would have seen already) is what the PSP-Go should have looked like:

psp2_4.jpg

Now this (Which I believe most of you would have seen already) is what the PSP-Go should have looked like:

Where do my index fingers go? No shoulder buttons?

i love my slim, but i am kinda excited for this. Would definitely love to get my hands on this to really give my impressions.

Edited by rajputwarrior

@ KoL: I'll definitely have to get the rings black if I ever buy this. :D

@ Kyang: I agree with you. :yes:

Took KoL's Photoshop to an unprecedented level by adding The Dark Knight's Batman logo! :rofl:

Don't know about you guys but it's one of the first thing I saw in that spot. They should've added something there, like a mini touch strip for volume or whatever...

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4967/untitlged4.png

Also, as a graphics designer like other folks here... I don't know what it is exactly, but I hate it when shapes clip into each other. It just looks tacky and unrefined. I circled the areas to show what I mean, lol...

Hahaha maybe add the PS button in the center and remove it from the outside part???

blackpgpgo2.th.jpg

Yeah I dont like that either.

Edited by KoL