[Official] E3 Microsoft Discussion

I think 2012 for a new xbox simply cuz of the massive R&D MS has spent on the 360, plus adding in all this new services/content this year. Add to that Natal stuff and they can keep going for quite a while.

Oh, and I think Natal can register objects you have, so if you want to hold something, like for a tennis game if you have a racket already, maybe you can register that and use it. I don't think it'd matter if you hold something or not.

I just hope the camera solution will really work for fast motion...

http://www.vimeo.com/4952629

I think the issue is rather that the Avatars skeleton simply isn't built to handle the size and range of motion of a "real"

It's a relatively simple matter of tweaking their skeleton and tweaking the translation code between the motion captured skeleton on the avatar.

Sorry if this has been answered earlier but is there anywhere that I can download Microsoft's full E3 presentation? My internet connection is acting wonky and streamed media is not streaming well. :(

Sorry if this has been answered earlier but is there anywhere that I can download Microsoft's full E3 presentation? My internet connection is acting wonky and streamed media is not streaming well. :(

Xbox Live?

I think 2012 for a new xbox simply cuz of the massive R&D MS has spent on the 360, plus adding in all this new services/content this year. Add to that Natal stuff and they can keep going for quite a while.

Oh, and I think Natal can register objects you have, so if you want to hold something, like for a tennis game if you have a racket already, maybe you can register that and use it. I don't think it'd matter if you hold something or not.

To be honest, I think if they can, they're going to hold out for longer. You have to remember that, while XBOX 360 is turning a profit, there's still a large backlog of financial loss from the XBOX division at Microsoft going all the way back to 2001 and the original XBOX. Methinks they're going to want to make up for that for as long as possible with the XBOX 360 before having to make a brand new console and start all over.

you guys simply need a taste of next gen goodness once more to get you hooked, and then you'll be like 2010 can't come too soon. all this talk of "it's still good enough" will evaporate quick.

DM, that's a safe bet indeed, but i am considering another console as well for the first time in years...only considering, my relative poverty as of lately stands in the way.

sorry i haven't read through all these pages and watched the presentation around 1AM so i skipped a lot but...

when are these updates taking effect?? the netflix full search and facebook and instant HD and all that?

I wanna know if I can finally download 360 games here in my corner of the EU, cuz it's just too damn hard to find some of them, let alone rent. Such a pain in the rear.

Thank you! :D Too bad the HD downloads are only for paid subscribers... :(

HD links will be up on torrents in no time, it was the same last year, just keep an eye on the usual sites.

I'm so excited for Splinter Cell, the more I see of it. That was the best presentation of all the E3 demos, IMO.

Agreed. The innovations they showed off were amazing. And the graphics are top-notch.

I think Microsoft rocked E3 to its core this year, they had by far the best of the big three. Project Natal makes the wii look like childs play. The PS3 went with the PSPGO (talk about milking the cow). Splinter Cell Conviction is where its at! this is a 360 exclusive, and i just want that game!. MGS is coming to 360 too should be awesome. Sky Player, Full Game Downloads, Party Movies, Avatar Store its just too much goodness to fit into one console. A proud day to be a 360 owner, a sad day for the other two.

^

I have my doubts about it matching up to SCCT; that game is legendary!

Ubisoft forum moderators have confirmed that the game is for both 360 and PC only.

^

I have my doubts about it matching up to SCCT; that game is legendary!

Ubisoft forum moderators have confirmed that the game is for both 360 and PC only.

Yeah, Chaos Theory really was mint. I can't see it matching up, but what they have does look impressive. :)

I think it would be a bit unfair of them to skip PS3 altogether, especially after giving most the previous games to PlayStation, albeit rather shoddy ports! I'm still hedging my bets with timed exclusive until I see otherwise (be interested to see that moderators post actually!). :p

EDIT: Nevermind, found the post: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5...9067#6031099067

From what i've seen of the conviction gameplay, it should beat CT easy. While the gameplay is faster and more action packed, you can still go at it stealth. Shoot some lights out etc, sneak up behind them and so on. It all really depends on the environment setup and if it lets you do both. If the levels do though, then that's perfect, you can run in and shoot, or sneak and take them out quietly.