[Official] E3 Microsoft Discussion

Actually the only gamers it's bad for is PS3-only gamers.

Who still make up a decent % of the support for Infinity Ward/Treyarch.

Exclusive games going multiplatform is different from multi-million selling multiplatform games suddenly going exclusive, especially after MW2 is clearly confirmed for PS3.

Would not be a good move for gamers in general.

inFamous is about to be b*tch slapped with a lesson on sandbox gaming :woot: :drool:

Rofl, your obsessed. :p

Though if it is announced, as I said to you on messenger, there hardly going to compete if Crackdown 2 isn't out for a while, lol.

Actually the only gamers it's bad for is PS3-only gamers.

I could see it being true. The game sold extremely well on the 360 and is at or near the top of the XBL chart every week. They would lose some sales, but they'd still make a profit, and if MS paid into them, they'd make some of that lost profit back anyways.

-Spenser

Exactly, and if it's timed they'll still make plenty of $ when it launches on PS3.

Get ready to jizz your pants gents!

Modern Warfare 2 fans “won’t want to miss” MS E3 conference, says Keighley

June 1st, 2009 @ 15:21

By Mike Bowden

codmw21b.jpg

Geoff Keighley has rather cryptically announced that Modern Warfare 2 fans “won’t want to miss” Microsoft’s E3 press conference that is now only three hours and 5 minutes away.

“Gloomy day in LA, but it’s off to the Xbox press briefing I go. Modern Warfare 2 fans won’t want to miss it,” he tweeted.

Now, why is that, we wonder? Stupidly excited, we are.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/06/01/modern-war...-says-keighley/

:bounce:

Either it is going to be exclusive, or timed.

Or its going to be some super awesome exciting DLC! woop! :rofl:

Though weren't games like assassins creed given time for a live demonstration at a previous Microsoft conference, but that was still multi-platform?

Exclusive MW2 beta for the summer, the game isn't going exclusive.

chance I'll eat my words but I'm taking it, beta sounds credible to me!

At least they have good taste in beer as well, Scottish devs ftw :rofl:

So Andy is down with the wife-beaters? :o

Exclusive MW2 beta for the summer, the game isn't going exclusive.

chance I'll eat my words but I'm taking it, beta sounds credible to me!

That would be fine as well - Betas are awesome!

Jesus the who cryptic messages annoy me.

News or GTFO. :(

(I'm just ****ed off I'll be raiding when this starts so won't be able to sit back and watch it.)

So Andy is down with the wife-beaters? :o

He might be talking about the Tennants. :p

Jesus the who cryptic messages annoy me.

News or GTFO. :(

(I'm just ****ed off I'll be raiding when this starts so won't be able to sit back and watch it.)

:laugh:

Most people have genuine reasons not to be able to watch E3, work, life commitments, hospital appointments, are away travelling.

Only a gaming geek would complain about missing E3 due to World of Warcraft :laugh:

Who still make up a decent % of the support for Infinity Ward/Treyarch.

Exclusive games going multiplatform is different from multi-million selling multiplatform games suddenly going exclusive, especially after MW2 is clearly confirmed for PS3.

Would not be a good move for gamers in general.

You still haven't explained why that's bad for gamer's in general.

-Spenser

You still haven't explained why that's bad for gamer's in general.

-Spenser

Because it's a crappy future for people if massive multiplatform games (with a long history) start suddenly going exclusive. Titles like COD deserve to be experienced on all platforms. It's okay if you own both, or a 360, but balls for PS3 owners. Then what happens if it happens to the 360 down the line, does the tune change in here? I'm pretty sure a PS3 timed exclusive MW3 wouldn't go down that well.

COD is the most popular online game on consoles, and was one of the only ports between platforms to be awesomely done. It's built up a massive fan base across all platforms.

Yeah yeah the console war crowds get massive erections but there's some games it really just is a dick move to pay off a timed exclusive on, for the industry.

Exclusive to multiplatform only please. Unless it's some new franchise that was suppose to be multiplatform but got bought up before it has a chance to release multiple titles across multiple platforms. Exclusive DLC at the very most.

Anyway enough crapping up this topic, we'll find out soon. My bet is still a MW2 exclusive MP beta.

^^^Yeah, but you're assuming a slippery slope, and there's nothing at all pointing to any other games or companies following IW if it happens to be true.

-Spenser

Because it's a crappy future for people if massive multiplatform games (with a long history) start suddenly going exclusive. Titles like COD deserve to be experienced on all platforms. It's okay if you own both, or a 360, but balls for PS3 owners. Then what happens if it happens to the 360 down the line, does the tune change in here? I'm pretty sure a PS3 timed exclusive MW3 wouldn't go down that well.

COD is the most popular online game on consoles, and was one of the only ports between platforms to be awesomely done. It's built up a massive fan base across all platforms.

Exclusive to multiplatform only please. Unless it's some new franchise that was suppose to be multiplatform but got bought up before it has a chance to release multiple titles across multiple platforms. Exclusive DLC at the very most.

Anyway enough crapping up this topic, we'll find out soon. My bet is still a MW2 exclusive MP beta.

Agreed 110%

COD is just to succesful of a game on both platforms to justify any kind of exclusive for one console over the other. If it does happen, it is a slap to the face to the people on the "other" console, and it is just not a really cool standard to be putting out there for the gaming world overall.

So that is why "gamers" overall get hurt. It is a great game, and should be experienced by everyone, not just certain people because of a certain console. To me it would be the equal of releasing a PC game that only worked on Intel processors somehow (even though we all know someone would crack it), the message is still being sent to gamers you have to own this item in order to experience this game, and last time I checked, although it is indeed a business, gaming is about, well, actually playing the games.

How lame is that, first-day exclusives are fine but established game exclusives are bad? Same ****, you're still being an ass to the other 'camp' in any case.

Can't recall any of them ever streaming HD. They wouldn't cope with the load.

It's hard enough with the SD streams the past few years.

MS conf will be 95 mins long apparently.

Ninty 1hr and Sony 2hrs.

Damn, I can watch the first hour of sony one, and thats already missing some lesson. Maybe I can just skip the whole evening lol.

Can't recall any of them ever streaming HD. They wouldn't cope with the load.

It's hard enough with the SD streams the past few years.

IGN is streaming it in HD live, but you have to pay (IGN Insiders).

I'm sticking with the stream on xbox.com, less likely to go down I would think (well hope so anyway).

I think the twitter updates I get will go nuts soon lol.

What confuses me is the stream is ready for the UK page, but not the US page. I'm going to keep it open just in case G4 lies and puts ads during Microsoft's biggest announcement. :p