[Official] E3 Microsoft Discussion

Remysaus and Piracy, are you including me in the Sony fanboy camp now? that would be too good, it'll certainly be useful for a laugh, my dear 360 brethren.

at any rate, even though Bob has had his share of annoying comments in the recent past, i have to agree with him this time, also with what Mr. Gavin said, which is a rarity. What MS are doing i consider diluting my gaming experience. In two and a half years, i've bought two consoles, several peripherals and 130+ games, which makes me a stakeholder. I want them to keep steering in the direction i desire, i.e bigger and better games. I don't mind experimentation on their part, but finding a balance is tough. something has to give and come at the expense of something else, it's the law of the universe.

They had some nice games on display, Alan Wake looks like a celverer Condemned, ODST will be tons of fun, the next MGS...OK but feels like a sidetrack. Notice how Kojima made sure we knew Solid Snake wasn't in this one. Besides, MGS was on Xbox before, so not such a big deal. And why is Alan Wake not coming until almost a year from now? Are they kidding? If i was this slow at what i do, i wouldn't even be to afford a can of tuna, let alone get myself to E3.

Sorry to be negative, you know i'm usually not like this, but was hoping for much more from what i consider my camp - like at least a couple of words on the next Xbox. Certainly not this mainstreamy BS.

It's too early to talk about the next Xbox though. I for one am glad they didn't. I'd much rather see a new Xbox in 2012. We're not done with pushing the 360 to it's limits I think.

yes, there's a bit more to be gleaned from the current generation, but not much. besides, i'm talking late 2010 for a new console, it's still time, plus it doesn't mean the 360 stops the day the new one comes out. PS2 has seen some great moments in its last year and since.

2012 is too far, the existing hardware will have lost all its oomph by then, both 360 and PS3. it's time to say goodbye to framerate slowdowns and texture delay once and for all...

Bob, MS showed a decent mix of games including announce titles, new services and the natal device which will change the way games are played.

I am sorry, You need to get off your high horse. Microsoft's conference was brilliant (like last year) and currently we all see no way ony to top this. Even if the highly demanded 'Final Fantasy VII Remake' was announced, It will not save Sony (Of course i do want that games :p)

And you need to accept people have differing opions. While neoadorable keeps bringing up his silly idea about a new xbox being needed one thing he said rings true... I don't want this mainstream rubbish cluttering up a console built on more hardcore gaming.

yes, there's a bit more to be gleaned from the current generation, but not much. besides, i'm talking late 2010 for a new console, it's still time, plus it doesn't mean the 360 stops the day the new one comes out. PS2 has seen some great moments in its last year and since.

2012 is too far, the existing hardware will have lost all its oomph by then, both 360 and PS3. it's time to say goodbye to framerate slowdowns and texture delay once and for all...

I don't think very many people were expecting a new console in 2010 or a mention of a new console this E3. My guess is 2011 or later.

-Spenser

silly idea, eh Bob? well, at least we agree on the basics. besides, i was hoping MS would continue their shorter cycle as evinced with the first Xbox. I'd say five years as a lead model is enough, then two more as a secondary. that's the framework i'd go with.

I don't think very many people were expecting a new console in 2010 or a mention of a new console this E3. My guess is 2011 or later.

-Spenser

I hope it's even later than that. I've already put in a ridiculous amount of money into this gen and the games still look graphically amazing. Plus with all these peripherals being added (motion controls, music games, etc) and 1080p capabilities with online stores (XBL, PSN, WiiStore) etc, I really see no reason to introduce a new console yet. At least for another 2 years IMO.

I'm so excited for Splinter Cell, the more I see of it. That was the best presentation of all the E3 demos, IMO.

:yes:

I :heart: Splinter Cell!

Is there anyway Facebook, Twitter will be different at all than how you use it on the PCs?

I think it will be much easier for people to use, right?

Is there anyway Facebook, Twitter will be different at all than how you use it on the PCs?

I think it will be much easier for people to use, right?

I feel like it will be more of a "nice to have" than any real usefulness behind it. Unless it can run within the Guide or something during a game, I don't see any particular reason to use the Xbox 360's FB/Twitter interfaces over your phone's or web-browser. Maybe browsing FB pictures on your big-screen, that's definitely a plus; but Twitter just seems unnecessary. I dunno, maybe that's because I haven't seen it first-hand yet. We'll see...

EDIT: Ah, just saw ynnoj's comment. That's pretty cool. May be pretty useful after all. :D

I think the xbox natal needs to bundle some kind of hand accessory to make it complete.

The Wii and PS3 implementations are well built for first persion shooters but are limited to hand gestures.

The Xbox natal does a good job at tracking your whole body but may not work out well for FPS.

I'm guessing (and hoping) that that particular demo set wasn't setup right and the camera couldn't register the movements properly..

I'm guessing (and hoping) that that particular demo set wasn't setup right and the camera couldn't register the movements properly..

Early days.