Review: Pixar's UP

I watched this on a plane ride home actually.. it was a good movie, but wasn't exactly my top animation choice. It seems like this would be great for kids and had a few moments here and there.

6/10 (Y)

Remember seeing this in cinema this summer, and i have to say that Pixar definitely is the best animation studio out there these days. I mean - every pixar movie ive seen so far works on so many levels for every age - amazing characters, great and often quite moving story, some slapstick jokes here and there and genuinely funny parts, and they are timeless. Speaking in big words - Pixars movies are some of the few that has soul in them. And i wont lie - Wall-E and UP had me misty eyed.

• 1 year later...

Bump for a nearly 2 year old thread....

Just finally sat and watched this after borrowing from a friend. Bit of a double edged sword for me... I didn't outright enjoy it as much as I have some other Pixar movies (e.g. Toy Story) however I don't ever remember seeing an animated movie that was so poignant, and sad at certain points. I'll admit had tears in my eyes at a few points (not least the opening few minutes!) and there were plenty of fun bits which made me laugh out loud. And it looked sublime on blu-ray as well.

Another fantastic Pixar movie and I think one to add to the collection at some point.

And going on the age thing, I'm 30!