UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Multiplayer Beta Starts June 3

1) Is their mic support? I have not bothered hooking up my headset...

2) Who is on right now that wants to play? I will try inviting whomever, I think I have most of you on my friends list...

I am literally trying it for the first time right now, and have been searching for players now for over a minute with no luck...

EDIT @ Kol and ynnoj, it says neither of you are online? Am I late to the party?

It takes its time while finding a good match through Matchmaking, but no lag whatsoever while playing. Currently level 6, this is cool! :D

EDIT @ Kol and ynnoj, it says neither of you are online? Am I late to the party?

Im not online. I'll be online in about an hour.

DirtyLarry, yup there's mic support. I'm playing now, if anyone wants to add me. I don't have a mic though.
I'll get on now, still looking for one more extra code for a friend though.

I'll add both of you now. I'm currently playing, but I get in a match every 10 minutes (maybe too many people are playing and puts everything in a slowdown).

Edit. Sent you an invite Nightz

Edit.2. Sent you an invite DL. Oh well, you accepted it LOL, kewl

Edited by MGS3_GrayFox

DirtyLarry, yup there's mic support. I'm playing now, if anyone wants to add me. I don't have a mic though.

Cool. Off to go get my mic. The Beta froze and restarted my PS3 trying CoOp. :huh:

I guess it is why it is called Beta.

Send me a friend invite in the meantime DLDirtyLarry and when I get back I will accept (that goes for anyone).

Im not online. I'll be online in about an hour.

Okay, might be playing inFamous by then, guess it depends how into this I get...

Well first feedback I am going to give is they need to up the amount of friends you can have in a party past 5. Thats just pretty damn stupid to me. Even if it means splitting us up on the two teams at least we would still get to play with each other.

And you just found out how SLOW Matchmaking is LOL. Lets go at it again... oh crap look at their levels!

Well first feedback I am going to give is they need to up the amount of friends you can have in a party past 5. Thats just pretty damn stupid to me. Even if it means splitting us up on the two teams at least we would still get to play with each other.

I'm guessing they'll only limit you to 5 in competitive ranked games because they don't want you cheating/ranking up with just your friends. There is an option to create a game with just friends, so that'll probably let you have more than 5 in the party...although this isn't available in the beta.

LOL, I'm thinking matchmaking may be broken (but its allright, its a beta). When we were in DirtyLarry's party, we got teamed against a group of players in levels 15-20, while we were levels 3-6. Oh, the horror LOL!

I'm guessing they'll only limit you to 5 in competitive ranked games because they don't want you cheating/ranking up with just your friends. There is an option to create a game with just friends, so that'll probably let you have more than 5 in the party...although this isn't available in the beta.

Actually you are 100% right. That does make sense, and indeed the option to do it with friends was not allowed in the Beta, so that will take care of that. It sucks though because a few bad seeds ruin it for everyone else, as honestly friends list or not, if we wind up on opposite teams, I am going to try and kill you the same as anyone else. :laugh: I just wish developers would realize that not everyone is going to be a scumbag and try to pad their stats, and instead of limiting that option, somehow build some kind of ability to recognize the algorithm (or whatever it would be called) of people who are doing it just to indeed pad stats. I guess that would be near impossible to do though now that I type that idea out. :rofl:

But definitely real good games guys. :yes: (Y)

We were without a doubt in a groove there those last couple of matches. I seriously had all intentions of just checking it out for one or two rounds then continuing to play inFamous, and three hours later I was still playing Uncharted 2 MP.

Honestly I expected it to be pretty good, but I did not expect it to be this good. It is just fun, it truly is. Controls are loose, but that is actually not a bad thing for this type of MP at all, it works really, really well. Definitely a few things here and there that need some very small, minor improvements, but considering they have five months to do so, I really think they have a winner on their hands and already have a strong foundation. I do believe out of all of the 1st party games made by Sony, right now this pretty much has the potential to be the best MP out of their first party exclusives bunch. Some may disagree with me with Killzone, but I just see this MP being way more fun to play that it.

Just really was impressed, especially considering they have a few months to tighten some very small, minor things up.

Yeah they need to fix that. Also the matchmaking is slow sometimes and they should increase the kills in deathmatch, atleast to 50. 25 is pretty quick.

But we had fun tonight. We got better at the end but we got owned by those guys in levels 15+ :laugh:

I only played two matches early yesterday morning, but it looked really good, and played well.

I just wish I didn't spend my short time on there getting my head beaten in, lol.

Looking forward to giving co-op a go.

Another thing I notice is that when you quit the game you hear 3 beeps and the PS3 restart.

Another thing I notice is that when you quit the game you hear 3 beeps and the PS3 restart.

When the PS3 is off -> hold the power button untill you hear the third set of beeps -> restore file system.

Google it if you don't believe me, your hard disk's file system is probably corrupted, that should fix it.

I think that is a bug, I get that aswell.

I wouldnt worry, its the only thing it happens on for me.

When the PS3 is off -> hold the power button untill you hear the third set of beeps -> restore file system.

Google it if you don't believe me, your hard disk's file system is probably corrupted, that should fix it.

Its a bug, after I posted here I went the Playstation forums and people are having that too.

Its a bug, after I posted here I went the Playstation forums and people are having that too.

Yeah i have the exact same problem...good to see the matchmaking is a bit quicker thou!

Good, you saved me a search, happened to me last night as well.