UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Multiplayer Beta Starts June 3

Well, one of the games I stopped to see if I could see my reflection on the water (hahahaha, one of the rounds where there was a guy level 31 or something, in The Plaza). Turns out that you can see your reflection (quite hard to set the camera so you can see it, but its there).

Every other detail, like natural ripples when you walk over the water, dynamic shadows and the muzzle flashes I really didn't pay attention (come on, if I'm shooting my gun its because I'm killing someone, so the last thing I check is to see if it creates a shadow). But maybe some other day I can check it more camly.

lol. Well that's pretty much a first if there's true water reflections, which is amazing, and something the Xbox won't have!

And Killzone 2 has the dynamic shadows created when the muzzles flash, which all adds to the game experience. See, I tend to look at the fine details of the game, and see how close to realism they got it. I do enjoy blasting off people's heads with a shotgun in Killzone, but I also enjoy seeing their shadow being dynamically rendered from the flashlight that I'm shinning on them.

But it sounds like Uncharted is going to be a ridiculously awesome game. If only I had a beta key :(

Here's a co-op glitch I ran into while playing with Kol ;)

I got hit with a grenade while taking covering on the left wall.

Looks like an Apple commercial.

The iPlatform.

Target has a deal this week, buy 2 games get one free and one of the games I bought was inFamous. Anyway, I have an extra beta code now so if you want it PM me.

Target has a deal this week, buy 2 games get one free and one of the games I bought was inFamous. Anyway, I have an extra beta code now so if you want it PM me.

I PMed you. PLZ can I have the extra code!!! I really need to see what quality of graphics this game has, in terms of dynamic shadows, reflections, soft shadows, etc. I just really need to test it myself, and then I can tell everyone else all the small details that most wouldn't notice. As I said, I already PMed you, but I felt like replying here. And if you already gave it to someone else, tell us, so then you won't get a bunch of PM's.

Anyone elses rank reset?

I still got mine. Also, a new update message from the Beta:

We are preparing a patch for release in the next few days. For this patch to work, you must pay close attention to the screen when booting into the game. When the patch message comes up in the XMB overlay, you should hit X to accept as quickly as possible.

If you miss the window your PS3 will reset but not patch. Simply launch the game and you can try again.

Naughty Dog

Well, since I can't edit my previous post, I'll say it in a new one: My rank got reset. Down from Level 21 to Level 1. Oh fun!

Well, since I can't edit my previous post, I'll say it in a new one: My rank got reset. Down from Level 21 to Level 1. Oh fun!

After we played right? I saw you at level 21.

After we played right? I saw you at level 21.

Yeah, my PS3 went into a black screen, so I had no option but to hard reset it. After a few ours I went into the beta again and was level 21. Then since matchmaking took to long, I logged out and then connected again to the server, and my rank is level 1 now. Oh well, it doesn't matter.

It's only a beta so the ranks will be reset once it's over anyway.

Oh, they also posted this about the patch:

General

* Grenade explosions now apply damage properly

Matchmaking

* Players should no longer get hung up in matchmaking for long periods of time

Bug Fixes

* Ranks should no longer reset randomly

* Quitting the game will no longer reset the PS3

* Player collision – players should no longer get hung up on each other when moving through the environment

* Player will now be killed if stuck in falling animation for too long

* In Plunder mode, treasures will no longer disappear during matches

Note: ALL RANKS WILL BE RESET WITH THE PATCH

Patch is now up and don't forget that your ranks will be reset when patched.

If you want the details look up 2 post before mines.

• 3 weeks later...