[Official] E3 Sony Discussion

Fair enough, that's all you need to say.

Making claims that its "irrelevant" for everyone is just foolish. Might not be relevant to you, but to MS and the target audience it's clearly important. Even more so if the rumours about Sony and their soon to be announced controller are real.

Yeah maybe my stories are mixed up, maybe it was motorstorm that went to sony with a wireframe demo of progress, after the E3 target render, and Phil Harrison telling them they were the worst devs in the world, lol. I hope I at least got that right.

LOL, whatever munky, I don't want to see a silly motion controller on the PS3 either and I promise I'll be just as negative about it if they show one today. You want to paint this as bias on my part but Natal is just as gimmicky as motion control on the Wii, I have yet to see a game that makes me want to use it.

I also have no interest in motion control...at least at the moment anyway, because most/all implementations are so gimmicky/childish. Yeah they look great in the tech demos, but as soon as they become a game it's just annoying and a pain in the a*se because no one wants to wave their arms around for 6 hours. The majority of the best games on Wii don't require any motion control whatsoever. It's going to be exactly the same on 360.

Edit: and if Sony go all out in implementing it too, it'll be the same for them. I refuse to buy a stupid addon unless it's properly implemented in a triple A title of Uncharted/COD/MGS standards

Genuinely excited about this show, screw the content, I want to see whether they can top Microsoft or not - I r weasel excited :woot:

And looking forward to downplaying everything from their conference because that's what the Pro-Sonys around here are doing, now we can return the favour :rofl:

Genuinely excited about this show, screw the content, I want to see whether they can top Microsoft or not - I r weasel excited :woot:

Haha, awesome. I too don't care for the motion sensor stuff. And really I don't care how it compares with Microsoft cause I can't afford a 360 any time soon. So it's just about how interesting Sony releases are - I may not even care. I'm just hoping against hope that David Joffe will announce new TM.

So, it starts in 4 hours and 40 minutes, right? All these timetables are confusing me and I don't want to miss the live show this time.

To steal the show they need FFVII remake...and to say that 3.0 firmware is coming with some huge improvements like complete backwards compat!!

Natal was def impressive excellent how it recongizes ur whole body but for me i aint to keen on standing up and jumping around! a comfy seat and a controll pad will do me lol!

And looking forward to downplaying everything from their conference because that's what the Pro-Sonys around here are doing, now we can return the favour :rofl:

:rofl:

Haha, awesome. I too don't care for the motion sensor stuff. And really I don't care how it compares with Microsoft cause I can't afford a 360 any time soon. So it's just about how interesting Sony releases are - I may not even care. I'm just hoping against hope that David Joffe will announce new TM.

From what ive read Jaffe aint gona b there! he said he wud b there next year lol!

From what ive read Jaffe aint gona b there! he said he wud b there next year lol!

He is going to be there, his new game with Eat Sleep Play stuio however won't be there. It should be announced though.

So, it starts in 4 hours and 40 minutes, right? All these timetables are confusing me and I don't want to miss the live show this time.

It's 5pm BST for Nintendo, 7pm BST for Sony

So Nintendo in 2.5hrs, Sony in 4.5hrs (so yes you're right lol)

USA Today are putting GoW3 at a release this fall - http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2009-0...-war-main_N.htm

Could be likely with some of the other titles like Heavy Rain looking to fall to 2010.

We'll find out soon anyway, worth mentioning as USA Today should have more cred than a blog.

So by this standard we should not have seen Natal or Milo yesterday (which I actually agree with), let alone Crackdown 2? Using your example, it was wrong for Sony to use hype for future products to carry it's E3 show the last couple years, so it's wrong for MS to do it as well.

There's a remarkable difference between showing a CGI like the one for Crackdown2 and a working product like Natal.

I think it's wrong to show something as a CGI because it doesn't show anything from the game. That goes for MS/Sony/Nintendo.

The trailer for crackdown was useless IMO. I don't know how it's going to look, how it's going to play, nothing. But you can't downplay something like Natal, which is a working product, not just a vision. Yes, it needs some more polish, but I know from that presentation more or less what it's going to be like.

Don't confuse what I am saying, Natal and Milo might both be awesome, but show them to me in a game that will A) reach retail soon and B) isn't aimed at the Wii crowd and they become relevant. Otherwise they are the same gimmicky rubbish that is on the Wii.

They're doing that at E3, did you check out the IGN link I posted earlier? They played Burnout with it. The conference just showed a a bit of what they've got in E3. This is what separates Natal from CGI clips, it's working and "everyone" can see it.

It's 5pm BST for Nintendo, 7pm BST for Sony

So Nintendo in 2.5hrs, Sony in 4.5hrs (so yes you're right lol)

allright, thanks :)

I have a feeling that as with the Microsoft conference thread, i'll come to read the conference announcements on this thread tomorrow and then get tired of the fanboyism (both pro and anti) so i'll have to read the Kotaku summary page. :rolleyes:

yeah right. but keeping an eye on Sony this year, let's see if they have more of a commitment to gaming as opposed to superfluous fluff. this is my first post in this section in ages...i must be getting sentimental in my years.

2 down 1 to go, you better make it worth while Sony!

Indeed, I'm really looking forward to their keynote :D

Edited by Brad.

I am only interested in a few things, return of ps2 compatibility, FFVII remake, and a price drop. If they get me 2 out of the 3 I will buy the system.