[Official] E3 Sony Discussion

PSP Go is SO LAME. That ain't gonna make any difference regardless whether it leaked or not.

If PSP Go somehow becomes a Huge success, I would find it VERY VERY PATHETIC!!!

"OMG Digital Distribution is THE BEST Thing of Da Future! Baby!11!11oneone. MY GOd I DON'T have to drive to A store again... Convience!11!! $60 for a 4 Hour game I can't Trade or resell after I get bored with it1!!one!1!one!" (Sarcasm)

:rolleyes:

Sorry, PSP Go - F (WORST news of E3 overall, Period.)

I am actually really glad the news leaked, so I would expect it during the conf, and I won't become MORE disappointed!

Microsoft forum --> that way.

Obviously, with your superior intellect, you missed how the PSP Go will NOT replace the PSP-3000! You can still purchase UMD games if you so choose.

But I'm sure logic and facts have no place in your head.

$60 for a 4 hour game?

What PSP games are you buying?

All the games on the PSP digital store here are between ?9.99-?19.99, majority ?14.99. You do realize the digital PSP store has been available for months?

I was very happy with that conference actually, although it had nothing on the scale of Natal, in terms of software, Sony really delivered. The motion contollers were cool, yes a bit Wii-copying, but it worked, and it would only be a matter of time. And remember the patents they filed out a while back, before Microsoft filed their patents for Natal.

http://kotaku.com/5071145/sony-patents-ult...ller-technology

I don't have a 360 but certainly Final Fantasy and of course Natal which was absolutely astonishing but other than that, nothing really interested me in Microsoft's conference.

Sony however, with MAG, GT5, Metal Gear Peace Walker, MODNATION Racers! hehe, performed much better than I'd hoped. Although, I am slightly biased as I own a PS3 and not 360 :p

I wonder if that motion control segment replaced the PS3 Slim announcement they were gonna make.

PS3 Slim was never going to be announced at E3, it's clearly planned for fall along with a price cut and announcing either this early would impact sales. It'll probably appear at either TGS or Leipzig as the main conference announcement.

They'll be cutting back on the manufacturing of the PS3 right now and letting the current models drip dry over the summer, which is going to be slower months anyway.

There was some hope all the leaks to do with the slim might of forced Sony's hand, but regardless of them, it would of been a poor business decision to announce the slim this early, albeit a great announcement for gamers.

They're finding it a challenge as it is to shift the current PS3 at $400, announcing a slim and/or a price cut for months away would castrate their sales completely :p

Ah right.

I know they say it year in year out but this year looks like its gonna be the year of playstation, i watched the microsoft keynote and nothing excited me, yet another Halo spinoff, forza 3, some crappy motion control thats about it.

Uncharted 2, MAG, GT5, The Last Guardian, where do i sign up?!

Hopefully it will drop in price and the slim will come out before The Last Guardian because i am 100% buying another PS3 just for that game alone.

From a gaming perspective it is accurate, most people don't care about blogging from their game console munky. The best news in the MS conference was Crackdown 2 and finally getting to see Alan Wake in motion. Maybe you and Boz can pick out clothes for each other in the monring with Natal ships, but for a lot of people that simply isn't a feature :D

P.S. No, I don't care for the PS3 motion control either but at least I didn't have to see mom picking out a movie or people sniffing each others bung holes to make a picture of an elephant.

Argue all you guys want, you'll get nowhere.

But I have absolutely no idea why anyone thinks the PS2 took up more presence than the PS3 :laugh:

Well it's just opinion Munky, he did say nothing really interested him from Microsoft, he's entitled to that, and I doubt you having a say is going to change that to be honest.

Oh I know Gavin, just giving Richard a taste of his own medicine and pointing out how ridiculous his summarization was.

Ah right okay :laugh:

I know Boz said the PS2 dominated, but I didn't think you'd actually go as far as believing that. I mean they did feature it but it genuinely wasn't for long, they just fired out some stat no one cared about like 120 games coming to PS2 this year with a picture slide montage of about 20 EA Sports games, 10 Lego games and other stuff.

Well it's just opinion Munky, he did say nothing really interested him from Microsoft, he's entitled to that, and I doubt you having a say is going to change that to be honest.

No of course it is, I just pointed out its inaccurate. There was plenty of announcements made. I don't care if they interested him or not. Just like I barely cared about Nintendo's, I still acknowlegde there was plenty on show :yes:

Ah right okay :laugh:

I know Boz said the PS2 dominated, but I didn't think you'd actually go as far as believing that. I mean they did feature it but it genuinely wasn't for long, they just fired out some stat no one cared about like 120 games coming to PS2 this year with a picture slide montage of about 20 EA Sports games, 10 Lego games and other stuff.

I was a little confused why they started out on the PS3, then back tracked to PS2. They should have just got the boring stuff like PS2 out of way and then moved on PSP Go and then announce/show the PS3 titles one after another for an awesome finish with GoW3 (Y)

Quick question guys as I haven't managed to catch any of the press conferences yet, I have managed to find a downloadable HQ complete press conference for Microsoft but not for Sony, was wondering if anyone knew of a link?

Want to download it so I can watch bits of it through out the day without the need to keep my browser up with the window so I don't rebuffer everything. Any help would be appreciated.

That dildo looked a lot better than Microsofts effort.

The presentation by the two guys from Sony was almost humiliating, it looked as though it was thrown in at the last minute as Boz mentioned yesterday.

The guys were just nervous, it was obvious they were the tech engineers behind it (they were introduced as that), not public speakers.

If I was chucked on a stage in front of 300+ people I'd be a wreck.... but I guess you can say Sony should of picked other people to demonstrate it :yes:

It was far from humiliating, just a little awkward seeing them nervous, who are you guys, the royal family? :p

It was far from humiliating, just a little awkward seeing them nervous, who are you guys, the royal family? :p

Well, to me it looked so rough and unprepared compared to Microsofts demo.

Well, to me it looked so rough and unprepared compared to Microsofts demo.

Definitely wasn't as slick, but MS had to pre-made videos to roll.

The on stage demo was more rehearsed as well, but the guy doing it was a douche and the avatars did show some glitches when trying to move around. Showing live demos of this tech so early on is bound to produce some niggles.

Either way as I've said countless time the tech for both is far off, at least a year minimum for both it seems, MS not even giving an indication of when, Sony only saying Summer 2010. So much of it will be improved by then.

The presentation by the two guys from Sony was almost humiliating, it looked as though it was thrown in at the last minute as Boz mentioned yesterday.

So?

Id rather have two guys that worked on it show it off than a pre-rehearsed Microsoft one with pre-recorded videos of what it might be like, sure it might look more slick but i thought the Sony presentation while wasnt as polished as Microsofts showed the hardware to be a lot better.