[Official] E3 Nintendo Discussion

One good thing came out of all this, a lot of new expressions :rofl:

"God, it's silent like Audience of Nintendo's 09 E3 Conference in here"

Be vewy vewy Audience of Nintendo 09 E3 conference, we're hunting wabbits

Metroid and Dead Space looked great, but not enough to make me pick up a Wii... if they ever release a next gen Kid Icarus, I'll consider it though ;)

The only interesting things from the show were:

Mario Galaxy 2

Resident evil

Metroid

everything else was just a waste of time...

I don't know why everyone is complaining

- Super Mario Galaxy 2

- new Super Mario Bros. for Wii (can't wait for that one!!)

- Golden Sun DS (should be fun)

- Metroid (I don't like the 3d metroid but lots of people do)

- Mario vs. Donkey Kong (not a big game but im sure some people like it.... (I don't))

- Wii Sports

- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days getting released in Sept

I don't know why everyone is complaining

- Super Mario Galaxy 2

- new Super Mario Bros. for Wii (can't wait for that one!!)

- Golden Sun DS (should be fun)

- Metroid (I don't like the 3d metroid but lots of people do)

- Mario vs. Donkey Kong (not a big game but im sure some people like it.... (I don't))

- Wii Sports

- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days getting released in Sept

Get the drift?

Get the drift?

Halo OSDT, Halo Wars, Halo Reach?

No different than MS pushing Halo.

If you don't like Mario it must suck, but Mario is the Wii's biggest mascott, Super Mario Galaxy is one of the highest rated games of all time.

There was always a good chance of there being Mario games... dunno why anyone is surprised. I would as I've said before preferred a new Wii Zelda though.

If you don't like Mario it must suck, but Mario is the Wii's biggest mascott, Super Mario Galaxy is one of the highest rated games of all time.

There was always a good chance of there being Mario games... dunno why anyone is surprised. I would as I've said before preferred a new Wii Zelda though.

Mario > halo any day

Mario > halo any day

Don't involve me in that, and that's not what I meant :p

I was strictly talking about key franchises being exploited for the audiences.

Halo Wars was already released. You would have thought Zelda or Star Fox or Pilotwings would be released...but no.

Halo Wars was already released. You would have thought Zelda or Star Fox or Pilotwings would be released...but no.

There is a Zelda DS, and it looks like it was Metroids turn instead of Zelda.... for better or worse.

But how old is Mario now?

Mario is never going to die, far too much history and he is a hard coded mascot of Nintendo.

It's not a franchise you just can, lots of people always love a good Mario game.

I don't understand all the hate.

This show was by far better than their showing last year. There were plenty of exclusives shown (unlike Microsoft's presentation), and they stuck to their guns in their top-selling franchises. Not only that, but they also showed off some more mature games. The Wii is a family-friendly platform, which is surprising to see, too.

I saw nothing wrong with their show. Metroid and Mario both looked amazing. And, let's be honest here: who didn't love Super Mario brothers and wanted a new version? When the DS was first announced/came out, that's what everyone was clammoring for, and when they announced it then everyone went batshit crazy.

Nintendo's family-oriented games are also great fun and they sell a ton, so why would it be a surprise if they spent most of the show on that? Like Audioboxer said, if you were expecting them to show all mature games or things like Microsoft, you were watching the wrong conference.

I don't understand all the hate.

This show was by far better than their showing last year. There were plenty of exclusives shown (unlike Microsoft's presentation), and they stuck to their guns in their top-selling franchises. Not only that, but they also showed off some more mature games. The Wii is a family-friendly platform, which is surprising to see, too.

I saw nothing wrong with their show. Metroid and Mario both looked amazing. And, let's be honest here: who didn't love Super Mario brothers and wanted a new version? When the DS was first announced/came out, that's what everyone was clammoring for, and when they announced it then everyone went batshit crazy.

Nintendo's family-oriented games are also great fun and they sell a ton, so why would it be a surprise if they spent most of the show on that? Like Audioboxer said, if you were expecting them to show all mature games or things like Microsoft, you were watching the wrong conference.

I think the problem...again..is that Nintendo made yet another promise that it wouldn't forget the "core" gamer this year and I think most would agree the only thing they showed for them was conduit and metriod. everything else was casual & ds nonsense. I mean I know the DS prints money, like huge loads of money, but I think people here want more focus on the Wii. Plus the pacing of the show was god awful boring, Nintendo needs to take some cues from MS. I mean MS's show was 2 hours and moved fast as hell, the Nintendo show was only like one hour and i felt every minute of it.

and with the mario game, like somebody else said before Nintendo has like what 30+ franchises or characters they can choose from, whereas Microsoft doesn't have near as many. Nintendo doesnt' have to mlik a mario game every year, but yet they choose too every year. where's f-zero, star fox, kid icarius, illusion of gaia (yeah i went there), and whatever else I can't name off the top of my head.

I think the problem...again..is that Nintendo made yet another promise that it wouldn't forget the "core" gamer this year and I think most would agree the only thing they showed for them was conduit and metriod. everything else was casual & ds nonsense. I mean I know the DS prints money, like huge loads of money, but I think people here want more focus on the Wii. Plus the pacing of the show was god awful boring, Nintendo needs to take some cues from MS. I mean MS's show was 2 hours and moved fast as hell, the Nintendo show was only like one hour and i felt every minute of it.

and with the mario game, like somebody else said before Nintendo has like what 30+ franchises or characters they can choose from, whereas Microsoft doesn't have near as many. Nintendo doesnt' have to mlik a mario game every year, but yet they choose too every year. where's f-zero, star fox, kid icarius, illusion of gaia (yeah i went there), and whatever else I can't name off the top of my head.

"Core"? I think you mean "mature."

They did focus on the Wii. It was about 70% Wii stuff at the conference -- not sure what more you want in that regard. Mario is the biggest gaming franchise in the world. Say what you want about "milking" all you want, but when you get proven results from great review scores, you can milk a franchise as much as you want in my book.

As far as mature gaming goes -- they showed The Conduit, Resident Evil, Dead Space, and Metroid. What did Microsoft show again that was so mature? Splinter Cell, Alan Wake, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2 and that was pretty much it as far as mature games go. The only difference is that Microsoft did far better on presenting it.

"Core"? I think you mean "mature."

They did focus on the Wii. It was about 70% Wii stuff at the conference -- not sure what more you want in that regard. Mario is the biggest gaming franchise in the world. Say what you want about "milking" all you want, but when you get proven results from great review scores, you can milk a franchise as much as you want in my book.

As far as mature gaming goes -- they showed The Conduit, Resident Evil, Dead Space, and Metroid. What did Microsoft show again that was so mature? Splinter Cell, Alan Wake, Halo 3: ODST, Modern Warfare 2 and that was pretty much it as far as mature games go. The only difference is that Microsoft did far better on presenting it.

core doesn't necessarily have to mean mature, it just means a game that requires more then 3 brain cells to play imo. As an example I would consider a game like Portal a core-type game that isn't necessarily mature. I don't consider a wii-sports (insert sub title here) game core in that regard.

core doesn't necessarily have to mean mature, it just means a game that requires more then 3 brain cells to play imo. As an example I would consider a game like Portal a core-type game that isn't necessarily mature. I don't consider a wii-sports (insert sub title here) game core in that regard.

So then what would super mario galaxy 2 or The new metroid , or the new mario and donkey kong be called?

So then what would super mario galaxy 2 or The new metroid , or the new mario and donkey kong be called?

I gave the props to Metroid, I didn't see the donkey Kong..and well i guess with my definition Mario Galaxy 2 would be applied to that too. I guess I just generally don't consider Mario to be a challenging game compared to the challegens in the past I've had with Metroid and Zelda games, but I'll admit that's probably just me.

I would say core to nintendo means the people who grew up on their systems playing the "core" nintnedo games of Mario, Zelda, Metriod, Star For, and others.