Logitech outdoor video security master system

Logitech outdoor video security master system.

481664vb.png

The outdoor security cam works over your existing power lines in your house. You plug it into an outlet outside and then, plug the receiver in to an outlet next to your computer and run a usb cable from that to your computer and BOOM the video shows up (assuming you ran the cd first like a good little boy or girl)

outdoor_setup.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

Review

Sample video

Do you wave every time you go by that camera now?

Wouldn't it be smarter to plug it in to the wall inside because anyone who wanted to rob you could just unplug the security camera.

Any nightvision if so could you provide a shot?

I don't think it has nightvision in this camera. But we will see.

If you want to use nightvision, you can change the lens for indoor based camera only which they have nightvision kit on their website.

• Like 1

You can buy an IR thingy that sits to the side. As far as night goes once it gets dark you can't see ****. But until then its impressive how long you can still see.

Buy a motion sensing light to mount on your garage should take care of any night visibility issues and is a good security tool to go along with the camera. Should warn off any burglars.

Id put it in someones bedroom. Scare the crap out of me, Looks like the type of thing you see on a cia building or somthing. Novell idea. But a bad guy can just unplug it lol. Not to say anyone could just simply cut the feed on any camera.

Buy a motion sensing light to mount on your garage should take care of any night visibility issues and is a good security tool to go along with the camera. Should warn off any burglars.

This.

The power cord may not be much of a problem as the camera can still capture the face of whoever's attempting to pull the plug on the camera, provided the camera can aim low enough to catch people trying to sneak past its field of vision.

Still a pretty nice device and review overall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since i've installed this camera i've had it installed on my main workstation. Just recently (yesterday) I thought i'd install it on my Dimension 4200 voice / web server. Mainly because the server is sitting idle most of the time anyway. This way I can full screen it on an old 15 inch monitor I had. So I thought well why not mount it on the wall. So here it is. My new security setup.

post-4927-1249267244_thumb.jpg

Nice quality. Good enough to make out an license plate number...er...ahem...

I don't know if you care, but personally, I would edit the video.

Now you can catch people trying to maliciously repave your driveway. Unless you're Tony Montana it's a cool toy but mostly useless. How much did this bad boy set you back?

Now you can catch people trying to maliciously repave your driveway. Unless you're Tony Montana it's a cool toy but mostly useless. How much did this bad boy set you back?

$250 That's for the master system. The master system comes with the outdoor cam and the indoor usb wall outlet receiver. An addon camera is around $190

• 2 weeks later...

Theoretically, couldn't you just stick the plug through the wall, and on the other side use an extension cord to run to an indoor outlet? Obviously if the burglar is intending to go inside, and not be intimidated by the camera, he will just unplug it, but you'd think it'd help a least a little. Then again, do a lot of burglaries take place in day time?

Theoretically, couldn't you just stick the plug through the wall, and on the other side use an extension cord to run to an indoor outlet? Obviously if the burglar is intending to go inside, and not be intimidated by the camera, he will just unplug it, but you'd think it'd help a least a little. Then again, do a lot of burglaries take place in day time?

It's the best time to rob someone. Just pull up with a moving truck while the family is away at work/school and carry all their stuff onto the truck no questions asked.

• 10 months later...

great review. Has the price come down at all on this? I def would not want the camera at a height that anyone could just tear it down. I'd like to see a night shot with a outside light in the same area..

If I wanted solution similar to this, with night vision, would you still recommend this? Someone has been getting into my neighbor's cars and been attempting to get into mine at night. I'd like to catch them in the act. There is a street lamp, but probably not enough light for something meant for the day. Any recommendations would truly be appreciated.

If I wanted solution similar to this, with night vision, would you still recommend this? Someone has been getting into my neighbor's cars and been attempting to get into mine at night. I'd like to catch them in the act. There is a street lamp, but probably not enough light for something meant for the day. Any recommendations would truly be appreciated.

This picture was taken at 9:50pm June 24th 2010 (a.k.a 5 mins ago)

if you were to lookout side with the naked eye it looks pretty dark. Mind you by 10pm the picture above would also look pitch black, but it is impressive what little light it can take advantage of.

nightsl.jpg