So, rate em, who won E3 this year?

Who won E3?  

423 members have voted

1. 1. Who won E3?

• Microsoft
    • Nintendo
    • Sony

I'm not sure why everybody is so hype just by a video of Natal. I want to see the real thing, just like Sony did... not some super modified video.

Did you not actually watch the presentation. There were a few live demos of it.

Can't be bothered with gradings, so:

1 - Microsoft.

2 - Sony.

3 - Nintendo (A mile behind).

Natal was awesome, though I'm not convinced about its usefulness in games.

Sony's wand looks interesting. Did like the first person mode they showed, but it isn't as versatile as natal.

Nintendo seemed to copy have of last years showing.

You cant say who won e3 yet. Nintendo has a history of showing things in meetings behind closed doors that were not at the press conference.

Smash brothers was one of those.

You can say who had the better press conference though.

PS Nintendo has some games on the floor that were not mentioned in the press conference like Sin and Punishment 2

Sony won, no doubt about it. They showed actual demonstrations (e.g. GT for PSP), MS didn't show anything interesting at all. Nintendo did good.

/sarcasm

Nintendo!

Just kidding. Microsoft, for the sheer amount of things released, surprises and innovations.

This is the year everyone claims motion controls are the best thing ever :p

The tech behind both presentations was impressive, but no way in hell am I buying into any of it until we get proper fully retailed/finished games, release dates and actual layouts of the future of both. They say 2010 I think for Natal, I have no idea on the Sony side.

Therefore I go by games and I preferred Sony's offering, GoW3/The Last Guardian and Uncharted 2 are the three titles I'm most looking forward to and I got to see game play of each. Crackdown 2 would be in there if it was further along than CGI and I actually seen it.

I think getting FF14 and a Rockstar title exclusive was pretty well going also.

I'm gonna go with MS because they had some pretty cool stuff (Natal, Crackdown 2 etc). The only Sony thing I have is my phone and Nintendo are too busy catering to the "pigtails with wallets" demographic to be taken seriously in the gaming world anymore. Roll on Imagine Bankrupt Game Studio .

Microsoft: A

Sony: A-

Nintendo: C-

GT5 trailer > Forza

GT Mobile on PSP sounds staggering!

Project Natal was Microsofts ace in the hole.

Therefore I go by games and I preferred Sony's offering, GoW3/The Last Guardian and Uncharted 2 are the three titles I'm most looking forward to and I got to see game play of each. Crackdown 2 would be in there if it was further along than CGI and I actually seen it.

I know we are seeing Uncharted 2 this year but is GoW3 hitting as well?

Have you been smoking crack? They did show a real life demo of Netal, actually, they showed a couple.

They did? Ow my bad, I only watched Neowin's roundup. I didn't catch MS conference.

I'm gonna go with MS because they had some pretty cool stuff (Natal, Crackdown 2 etc). The only Sony thing I have is my phone and Nintendo are too busy catering to the "pigtails with wallets" demopgraphic to be taken seriously in the gaming world anymore. Roll on Imagine Bankrupt Game Studio ?i>.

So I gather Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Project m, Super Mario Wii , Zelda Ds and Sin and Punishment 2 are not good enough for you on the nintendo side?

Sony won, no doubt about it. They showed actual demonstrations (e.g. GT for PSP), MS didn't show anything interesting at all. Nintendo did good.

/sarcasm

*cough* Someone's FB is showing.

MS destroyed all.

Nintendo didn't really do anything but as others have said their big announcements aren't usually made during the keynote.

Sony won, I watched all 3 conferences live from way over here, its now 6:30am... Microsoft was pretty good, Nintendo didn't even try and Sony blew my mind... so much content... I can't wait!

Other than the Halo's the only game on the 360 that interests me is Mass Effect 2 which I'm thinking might be better on PC but meh. Natal is just an updated Eye Toy and Sony proved that they have their own actual upgraded Eye Toy in the works with waggle sticks to enable more detailed control and accuracy. With a couple of those PSP games I might actually grab a Go for the train... Exciting year/s ahead :)

Edited by TSG

Nintendo really need to learn how to present a conference.

I honestly zoned out while Iwata talked and he was the most important man in the room. We should be clinging onto his every word.

Microsoft won this year. They showed some great games, and Natal looks sweet! Sony was pretty good, and I thought God of War 3 looks awesome, but I'm disappointed there was no PS3 price cut. Nintendo was better than last year, but still not great. I'm really excited for the 3 new Mario games and the new Metroid game.

Nintendo really need to learn how to present a conference.

I honestly zoned out while Iwata talked and he was the most important man in the room. We should be clinging onto his every word.

Heh. I stopped watching while he was on :p

I thought Sony's conference was far more boring. They had more interesting content, but with all the filler videos and powerpoint slides, it was hard to get into. Ninty was at least intriguing, barring Iwata's part.

-Spenser

Hold the presses... Munky thought Microsoft and Audio thought Sony! :laugh:

Yeah but I'm in the majority so :p :rofl:

It's a landslide right now. Last year they were much closer to being even in the poll we had.

Natal is just an updated Eye Toy

You didn't did you?

Oh yes you did.

/facepalm

Yeah but I'm in the majority so :p :rofl:

No **** sherlock. :p

This is the year everyone claims motion controls are the best thing ever :p

The tech behind both presentations was impressive, but no way in hell am I buying into any of it until we get proper fully retailed/finished games, release dates and actual layouts of the future of both. They say 2010 I think for Natal, I have no idea on the Sony side.

I think getting FF14 and a Rockstar title exclusive was pretty well going also.

Audio, I respect your opinion honestly but you said the very same thing last year. Sony could show nothing and you would still say they were better.

Not that i have an issue with you but why bother telling us, We already know what you are going to pick and what is your preferred console.