The Short Lived Free One Year Subscription To TechNet Has Ended

It says I am not authorized to view the keys and downloads. Why?

Same here. But I did copy down the SHA1's hash for the vista Full sp2 for X64 and x32 :)

So for the users it let generate keyes are these keys good for ever ? Are they essentially getting free Products from microsoft?

I got 10 keys each for:

Windows Vista Business

Windows Vista Ultimate

Office Ultimate 2007

Office Professional Plus 2007

Visio 2007 Pro

so far...

I'm going to make a few more accounts and get 100 keys for each.

Edit: Why only 1 key for WHS?

Edited by s3n4te

Same here. But I did copy down the SHA1 hash for the vista Full sp2 for X64 and x32 :)

This has me curious what happens with the people that just grab keys? Once their account gets closed, do the keys turn off?

I really have no use for the keys, like I said I am just after a x64 vista sp 2 dvd since my pc doesn't come with a backup. So my key on my case will work for good.

It would suck if people grab keys, then in Sept. the keys turn off.

This has me curious what happens with the people that just grab keys? Once their account gets closed, do the keys turn off?

I really have no use for the keys, like I said I am just after a x64 vista sp 2 dvd since my pc doesn't come with a backup. So my key on my case will work for good.

It would suck if people grab keys, then in Sept. the keys turn off.

I don't think keys turn off, my MSDNAA account expired 1 year ago, and I'm still using my activated Vista Business I got from it. I reformatted a few times with the same key.

you have to activate your account so u can get the keys & iso

Well yeah, but I am just curious what happens after that.

I don't think keys turn off, my MSDNAA account expired 1 year ago, and I'm still using my activated Vista Business I got from it. I reformatted a few times with the same key.

Oh ok hmm.

I got 10 keys each for:

Windows Vista Business

Windows Vista Ultimate

Office Ultimate 2007

Office Professional Plus 2007

Visio 2007 Pro

so far...

I'm going to make a few more accounts and get 100 keys for each.

Edit: Why only 1 key for WHS?

Why do this? doesnt each key give you 10 activations per key?

Doesn't seem to work with IE8. My Win XP box w/IE7 works just fine.

works fine with vista sp2 with ie8 :)

So for the users it let generate keyes are these keys good for ever ? Are they essentially getting free Products from microsoft?

Well, technically, the licensing restrictions for TechNet and MSDN software is that you are supposed to use it for evaluation/testing/development/etc. only, and that any personal use would be a violation of the license. But MS does not enforce this because it's not easy to enforce and because they have bigger problems to worry about when it comes to piracy (how how much do they lose to misuse of subscriptions vs. to real pirates that pre-install illegal copies on 90% of the computers sold in Russia?)

Has anyone actually installed something they DLed and used a generated key? Curious of everything worked out ok.

Also, dont you get 10 activations for each key you generate?

Why do this? doesnt each key give you 10 activations per key?

Each key can be used on 10 computers or each key can only be activated 10 times before having to call MS?

Has anyone actually installed something they DLed and used a generated key? Curious of everything worked out ok.

Also, dont you get 10 activations for each key you generate?

The product keys generated are either regular retail (marked as "RTL"), volume license 1.0 (bypass activation, marked as VL1), or Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Retail keys from TechNet/MSDN usually have 10 unique activations per key with unlimited actvations.

works fine with vista sp2 with ie8 :)

It's not working here with Vista x86 SP2 and IE8. Getting the keys did though. I might need to reboot it's been a week to so.

The product keys generated are either regular retail (marked as "RTL"), volume license 1.0 (bypass activation, marked as VL1), or Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Retail keys from TechNet/MSDN usually have 10 unique activations per key with unlimited actvations.

So, can anyone verify if they are MAK or VL1?

i still cant login :angry:

Windows Live ID is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:

This site may be experiencing a problem.

The site may not be a member of Windows Live ID.

You can:

You can sign in or sign up at other Windows Live ID sites and services, or try again later at this site.

ive been getting that since the begininning of this thread...... whats going on!?

everyone can get in exept me :s

So, can anyone verify if they are MAK or VL1?

The key type is marked next to the key and before your "claim date". For example, you'll see that Windows Vista Home Premium keys have "RTL" next to them which means Retail, while Enterprise has "MAK" for Multiple Activation Key.

Running Win 7

But went ahead and got Vista 64 Ultimate and Office 2007 Pro, this seems like the same things that are in the Subscription Packs

in theory the free subscriptions will be active when Windows 7/Office 2009 comes out, thus allowing 7 to be gotten same way