The Short Lived Free One Year Subscription To TechNet Has Ended

Running Win 7

But went ahead and got Vista 64 Ultimate and Office 2007 Pro

in theory the free subscriptions will be active when Windows 7/Office 2009 comes out, thus allowing 7 to be gotten same way

I didn't think of that...........

server error?!?!?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF..................................

so frustrating.

The servers are probably taking it from all angles right now; best you can do is refresh.

Can microsoft come back on everyone who downloaded ****?

I only want a copy of vista x64.

I have my copy from my computer but no DVD. I can just use my OEM key with it.

I don't think OEM keys will work with these Retail downloads, Dane. Besides, as part of the Terms of Agreement, this software is just for evaluation purposes, not for production (read: regular use) environments.

I don't think OEM keys will work with these Retail downloads, Dane. Besides, as part of the Terms of Agreement, this software is just for evaluation purposes, not for production (read: regular use) environments.

I've used a Retail DVD with a OEM key (key on case), worked fine in the past.

Each key can be used on 10 computers or each key can only be activated 10 times before having to call MS?

Each key can be used and activated on 10 different computers. You can use and activate the key on the same computer an infinite number of times. That is for Retail keys. There's an FAQ about the downloads and keys that you can read.

Each key can be used and activated on 10 different computers. You can use and activate the key on the same computer an infinite number of times. That is for Retail keys. There's an FAQ about the downloads and keys that you can read.

Well, if there are unlimited activations, why are people generating hundreds of keys? Seems excessive.

OMFG, thank you very much.

Made my day, now I have 10 keys for XP.

I can use XP forever! until 7 that is. And I hope this is still going for 7 becuase im gonna be even happier.

I've used a Retail DVD with a OEM key (key on case), worked fine in the past.

Really? Well, OK then. But Terms of Use do still apply for these types of subscriptions with Microsoft TechNet and MSDN.

Thanks for the clarification! This means I can activate Vista on 3000 computers!

Really? Well, OK then. But Terms of Use do still apply for these types of subscriptions with Microsoft TechNet and MSDN.

Indeed, but technically i've paid for the software, I just dont have the DVD. I actually have an OEM Copy of vista 32bit, and i have a new computer with x64 but no dvd for it.

Well, if there are unlimited activations, why are people generating hundreds of keys? Seems excessive.

true i can understand 2 or 3 keys but come on 50+ keys

It is excessive, and stupid. The largest number of keys I've generated for one program is 4. The only reason I can think of that someone would be generating so many keys is because they plan on distributing them and selling them, which is bigtime illegal. I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft contacted someone who generated so many keys so quickly to find out what is up. When something like this is given for free, it can also be taken away for free if it's abused.

It is excessive, and stupid. The largest number of keys I've generated for one program is 4. The only reason I can think of that someone would be generating so many keys is because they plan on distributing them and selling them, which is bigtime illegal. I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft contacted someone who generated so many keys so quickly to find out what is up. When something like this is given for free, it can also be taken away for free if it's abused.

I am just going to keep my year subscription and generate keys when I need them. As long is this is legit, and it appears to be so, I have no worry on losing my account unless I dont participate in the survey. So I am gust generating one for some products now and will do some more later if I need to. Kind of wonder why MS is doing this...they stand to lose a lot of money. Hope the survey results are worth it.

Thanks for the clarification! This means I can activate Vista on 3000 computers!

I would keep that information to yourself. Why would someone need enough keys to activate one OS on that many computers? Don't be surprised if Microsoft contacts you asking a similar question. If you are planning on using the software in harmony with the Terms of Use Agreement and not illegally, what is the reason for downloading so many keys? You may be giving the impression you are going to start selling licenses to others. Just something to think about.

generate keys when you need them? Why and when would you ever need to generate more than one key?

He didn't say generate keys for the same application. But if he later decides to generate a key for a different program, there's nothing wrong with that.

This is great, I am download 32 and 64 bit of vista and 7 as well as office 2007 ultimate. This is awesome and I will be more than willing to participate in the surveys for this :)