The Short Lived Free One Year Subscription To TechNet Has Ended

Well im all good :)

Hello,

I?m pleased to inform you that your application for a free one year TechNet Plus Direct subscription is now being processed. I would like to apologize the delay in this happening for some of you. This is being provided by Microsoft in conjunction with Culminis, INETA and PASS. The TechNet team will be in contact with you within approximately one month to help you complete your registration. If you haven?t received your information by the end of July, it may be that the information was caught by a spam or junk mail filter. If this isn?t the case and your information hasn?t been received by the end of July

:)br />:)

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted as mentioned in the email and promptly recieved my subs in time for win7 to be ready :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just to bring this back up.

I got an email this morning stating something similar to what was mentioned in this thread.

I regret to have to inform you that because of the actions of a small number of individuals we have to change the way you order the free subscription to TechNet Plus Direct for each User Group. Unfortunately in excess of 80% of the applications were being made by people who were not entitled to the offer, or were incorrectly completed making it impossible for us to process them.

We still want to offer TechNet Plus Direct to any User Group who met the original requirements, which you can find below. However, the way to order has now changed. If your user group has not received a subscription and meets these requirements, even if you have already applied via the web site, please send an email as described below to ONE of the following addresses, depending on the User Group organization you belong to and your location. All the information listed in the table must be included in the email, or the application will not be processed, and the User Group organization will also check to validate that your group is actually a member.

The offer will only remain open until the end of 2009, and the process will be that we will collect offers until that date, then send all valid ones to the TechNet team who will process them. This could take up to eight weeks, if you haven?t received your subscription by March 2010 then you may contact <removed> for a status update, using the same email address as you entered into the request.