07.10.2002 GnomeREPORT

Last week, Axialis Software released IconWorkshop v5.0 - arguably the most powerful icon editor / manager for the Windows platform. Ever the icon addict, I asked for your pixel-perfect creations. I have yet to receive one. Perhaps you've been waiting for the right motivation? How about a nice little contest involving some of the most powerful sites on the Internet? Here's the deal: you create five (or more) icons between now and the end of July 2002, upload them to your [FREE] DeviantArt account (under Contests / Axialis Icon Contest), and one of the five judges may pick it.

The panel includes: myself, MattEO from DeviantArt, KarmaGirl from WinCustomize, Voodoo from Neowin, and Marc from Axialis. We'll each pick our favorite set. The winners will not only receive one copy of IconWorkshop Corporate Edition, but some of their icons will get bundled with a future version of the software! Ownership is retained by the original author, so don't hold back. Here's your chance at fame and fortune. Or, at least fame and free software.

http://www.lockergnome.com/issues/daily/20020710.html