[6/9/09] Prototype

• 1 month later...

just wanted to add that the Web of Intrigue is an excellent storytelling device, it really has you keen on finding the next part. plus they did put some nice work into the short clips. of course it's an equally frustrating device, because it's hard to find those targets and i know i won't have the whole story.

as for the game, it's nice, not great. those hunters can be annoying. the story seems hackneyed at first but it does get to you, you feel the fear taking the city gradually even though the graphics and environments really aren't all that detailed. I like the plague theme, reminds me of The Stand, with the military turning on the populace and so forth.

just wanted to add that the Web of Intrigue is an excellent storytelling device, it really has you keen on finding the next part. plus they did put some nice work into the short clips. of course it's an equally frustrating device, because it's hard to find those targets and i know i won't have the whole story.

as for the game, it's nice, not great. those hunters can be annoying. the story seems hackneyed at first but it does get to you, you feel the fear taking the city gradually even though the graphics and environments really aren't all that detailed. I like the plague theme, reminds me of The Stand, with the military turning on the populace and so forth.

I just hate it because even though you are trying to get to the target, the target usually dies by the tanks random fire.

there's that problem, yes, especially when the city become mostly infected. that's the sad part, they wanted to make the story bits the main incentive to keep playing, and it's a very well done story, but at the same time, there's this feeling of randomness. i bet most average gamers who've played this never got to experience the whole "conspiracy" themselves.

so this game really broke my heart. i was totally into the story, the web of intrigue is an amazing concept, plus the mood of the whole thing, the atmosphere, was on the money. the action wasn't half bad either, except the latter boss fights...i simply don't have the patience for those. i mean they could have stopped at the 75th hunter leader on screen at once...

anyhoo, did Radical upload the entire web of intrigue somewhere, a la Dead Space? and is there anywhere to read the whole story, i don't want to miss out, it's awesome conspiracy stuff. thanks.