Legally backup/copy ps3 games?

If you're running a backup copy they're not going to come to your house and arrest you. But making a backup copy is your problem not theirs (Software company). They?ll not provide you with software for you to make copies.

If you don?t like the rule that you don?t have to buy it. Also BR not being scratch proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5jEbZt6AIQ.swf

Audio is diabled.

Okay then...had no intention of this turning into a bitch fest. Just asked if it was possible. Guess it isn't. And yes I do take care of my dvd/cd but **** happens.

I say we let this topic die. :whistle:

Backups are great, My sister has a lot of Disney DVD's that her kids love to watch.

The Dvds usually end up on the floor. The kids hunt the DVD boxes out and mess around with the Dvds.

I'd be surprised if any of them still work 2/3 weeks after they have been purchased.

She doesn't back up her DVDs, most of the Disney DVD's most likely don't work.

I wonder if that brainiac in the video realized he was contaminating the inside of his PS3 with plastic shavings because he didn't wipe the disc off before inserting it? Of course no one is going to expect the disc to withstand pizza cutters and knives! If they were durable enough to take being wiped off with a t-shirt, fingernails, scrapes across jewel case, then I'd be happy.

I for one take care of EVERYTHING I OWN like I have an OCD(i think i might haha). Every CD since day one of cds. So music cd's from 98 to ps1 games and pc games and etc. ALL of them are perfect prestine condition besdies the normal wear and tear that you can tell.

I myself have seen people take care of there stuff, but **** HAPPENS GET OVER IT. I backup EVERY single PC game I own now. Why? Because hard drive space is DIRT CHEAP. I own the game, well Put it away. Thanks to steam, most of my games are in storage. Other hard copy games like cod4, and etc I keep put away while I use the backup copy to play single player. ITS TOTALLY LEGAL as long as you dont hand it out.

Also, to the blu ray point. I see blu rays traded in EVERYDAY I work, and let me tell you, I love the quality of the discs, BUT they cant be scratched. From the systme tipping over(YES THE PS3 is not a GOD ALMIGHTY STABLE VERTICAL SYSTEM) to just normal scratches from accidents or kids or dumb friends.

Anyway, they are VERY RESITANT but they do get scratched. Bad thing, take forever to refurb them. ATleast 2-3 passes thru the refurbisher instead of 1 like normal cds/dvds.

So everyone saying take care of your stuff, from a OCD like me, IT HAPPENS. My friends all know i treat EVERYTHING I OWN like its the only thing I have. My TV, monitors, pc, EVERYTHING. Nothing gets "damaged". By damaged I mean alittle scratch or anything ****es me off.

So trust me I know what im talking about when I say I know how to take care of my stuff. But sometimes **** happens. Ive seen it, its happen to me, oh well. Personally for me, I buy the warranty on my games. its $3 to protect a $25-100 investment and if your 360 decides to be evil(like mine 1 day) and shred your copy of gears 2(5 rings, it was laying down, was in for 6 hours haha) then you just take it in and get another copy :).

Thank god for warrantys!

^ Yes that's the problem here, dust on a freaking disk contaminating PS3.

Because everything you've ever commented on in this forum has been 100% on topic all the time, right? You see how my slightly OT post lead to your useless "above thou" post leading me to post something completely off topic? LOL!

I just made an observation about the video, can we get on with it? :)

3. it's DVDs or women you can't own both :whistle:.

LOL. I second that. I gave up DVDs for my gf. I now only use HD-DVDs. :p

the fact that anything can happen to your stuff is reason enough for me to make back up copies of my stuff. hate to spend good money on the item and in an instance it is scratched and unusable. keeping one copy for myself is great.

I don't usually keep a copy of anything, except for maybe music. This is mainly because if I lose anything or stuff gets damaged, there's always the internet.

AFAIK the only way right now is to mod your ps3 with an InFeCtUs mod chip, and it will let you play burnt blue ray games. But with how much blank blue ray disc's are right now, and the risk your running by installing this mod chip, I'd say it isn't worth it. (and I believe this is illegal in most countries right?)

The ps3 is very hard to hack, and I'm not even sure how reliable the infectus mod chip is either, since I do not have one. Eventually they will have it hacked, just have patience.

I don't understand the whole I want to copy my original games so I don't scratch them!!! People who want this just want to pirate!!

I've got everyone of my games for my PS3 all 20 od of them and every one still works, even after 2 years!

i am guessing you dont have kids. i backup anything and everything i can, just in case.

I might as well just go outside and key my car for the hell of it! It's your stuff, look after it.

I wonder where you got that quote from :p

/feels sorry for AB's future wife

AFAIK the only way right now is to mod your ps3 with an InFeCtUs mod chip, and it will let you play burnt blue ray games. But with how much blank blue ray disc's are right now, and the risk your running by installing this mod chip, I'd say it isn't worth it. (and I believe this is illegal in most countries right?)

The ps3 is very hard to hack, and I'm not even sure how reliable the infectus mod chip is either, since I do not have one. Eventually they will have it hacked, just have patience.

infectus is clearly a scam, just looked at their website and I would never pay for any of that garbage.

I wonder where you got that quote from :p

/feels sorry for AB's future wife

infectus is clearly a scam, just looked at their website and I would never pay for any of that garbage.

Love their tag line:

"Enter and Enjoy Yourself" :rofl:

I don't see where it mentions being able to play PS3 backups. Only the ability to read and write the nand flash for developers.

* PS3 NAND FLASHER, allow to read and write nand flash of PS3.

* Every BIOS is signed for every consoles, so is not possible to use a BIOS from a different PS3 in another.

* Right now is possible to backup the firmware and restore it in the same console, good for BIOS backup, to update and downgrade the firmware of the console

* PS3 NAND FLASHER allow the developer to study and analyze the PS3 BIOS in a easy way

I don't see where it mentions being able to play PS3 backups. Only the ability to read and write the nand flash for developers.

Then I stand corrected, I guess a mod chip doesn't even do what you would expect it to do.

I'm impressed at Sony's protection this time around, kinda sucks though :/

yeah sony have done very well to prevent playing copies.

maybe microsoft will learn some lessons from the ps3 for next gen.

lol I hope not!

Smiley-Angry-256x256.png

Don't even joke about that stuff man, imagine if they did.

lol no ****(insert your choice of a profane word here)!!!! :argh:

The only kind of hack there is for PS3 is the 60gb models where you can run PS1/PS2 backups by hacking the drive, or getting a PS2 swap magic disc and using it to run a USB loader from HDD.