Blue screen with Adobe software

Hey guys,

Every time I open Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Premeire Elements 7, or Photoshop CS3, I get intermittent BSODs. Sometimes it works for 1 minute, sometimes it doesn't work at all.

I really think it's the Adobe software that's causing it cause it only happens then. The BSOD says it's a "disk.sys" error.

Specs:

Intel i7 920

6GB RAM

Asus GTX260

1TB SATA HD

Asus P6T

Windows Xp Pro 64 bit

I have run a memtest (10 passes) with no errors.

The memory dump file looks like this:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini060609-02.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: C:\WINDOWS\Symbols
Executable search path is:
Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
Windows Server 2003 Kernel Version 3790 (Service Pack 2) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`01000000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`011d4140
Debug session time: Sat Jun 6 12:00:58.515 2009 (GMT+2)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:40.250
Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffffadf918c5769, 0, fffffadf5c9e0290, 0}

Could not read faulting driver name
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for disk.sys
Probably caused by : disk.sys ( disk!DiskDeviceControl+3180 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Any ideas? Help would be appreciated...

Do these and see where it takes you and try your Adobe products after each shot:

1: Run command "chkdsk /r" and then reboot

2: Repair your software installation (do this after step 1 and not before)

I don't think it is a memory issue but let us now what happens, if anything, after you repair the disk/OS and repair the software.

I'll wait around =)

• 3 weeks later...
Windows Xp Pro 64 bit
I don't think it is a memory issue but let us now what happens, if anything, after you repair the disk/OS and repair the software.

I'll wait around =)

XP 64 Bit is probably the fault here

That's weird though, cause there are a lot of 94 users out there who run the same software fine, so there's gotta be a fix like there is for some other software...

Sorry for the double post, but another thing I noticed is that if I open adobe software and it gives a BSOD, then for about a week afterwards, everytime I restart it will blue screen at the desktop. However, if I don't "provoke" the PC by opening an Adobe for a while, it stops blue screening at all until I open Photoshop, for example, after which it will BSOD at every restart multiple times.

Sorry for the tiple post :p But I have an update:

I reckoned it might be best to reinstall all Adobe software, which I did succesfully with Premiere and Photoshop. But when trying to unistall Acrobat 9 Pro I got a BSOD. So I'm thinking that Acrobat may be the culprit. Now the question is, how can I get the thing unistalled without going through Add/Remove Programs, because that will give me a BSOD?

It's no use manually, as nearly all files are locked and impossible to unlock with everything I've tried (cmd, Dr. Delete, and all the rest of it via Safe Mode).

What do you think?

Try the Microsoft Clean Up Utility:

When it is installed, pull down the menu Start and Programs , and click on Windows Install Clean Up to launch it.

In the list, select your Adobe products, click on Remove then click on Exit and restart your computer.

If the uninstall works, you can re-install latest Adobe product or try another lighter software like Foxit reader.

Thing is though, I tried that and it only removes it from the installed programs database. The files don't actually go anywhere.

From the website:

Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer.
Edited by tibs

The Adobe uninstallers don't work as advertised, and will leave flags to indicate that the software has been installed already. Ironically, these remnants prevent people from upgrading successfully.

A few users have reported success using cleanup scripts published by Adobe. You might find more specific cleanup scripts by looking for ones that work with the software versions you have installed.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html

If you do try to run this cleanup script, try running at level 3 (it may be a hidden option).

If you are still experiencing issues, you could try providing a HijackThis log, so I can check what's happening

More info on How to use HijackThis, can be found HERE

• Download HJTInstall:
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_d.../HJTInstall.exe
Navigate to the location where it was saved and double-click on the HJTInstall.exe file
Click on the Install button to have HijackThis install into the C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis
Click on: "Do a system scan and save a log file"
Once the Notepad log opens up, click on File > Save As... from the Notepad toolbar
In the Save in location select Desktop
Add .txt to the end of the File name
HERE's a pic that may help, then select Save.
Close the Notepad and HijackThis
Create a new reply by selecting Add Reply on this thread
Select Browse... located on the bottom right of the reply window
Look in (Browse to) your Desktop, and select your "hijackthis.txt"
Select Upload located on the bottom right of the reply window
Click on the box: "Manage Current Attachments (1)"
Click on the attachment name: hijackthis.txt that drops down
Click on Add Reply located on the bottom middle of the reply window

Done :)

Please wait for my (or others) support reply

----------------

You may also want to run a full Antivirus and Malware scan. Here is the order in which I do this

• Download / install and run
CCleaner, to remove all temp files
Run a full updated scan with your Antivirus software (I recommend free Avira Antivirus)
Download / install and run an updated MalwareBytes scan (remove all malwares once complete)
Download and run Startup Control Panel, and remove any known not required startup shortcuts
Restart, and let me know how Windows is now performing, and if the fault remains

I hope this helps :)

It states you are using Windows Server 2003 SP2 64Bit

Adobe seems to be starting with Windows as well

Try this

Run a HJT Scan Only, place a tick (check) next to the following boxes:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [unlockerAssistant] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrobat_sl.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acrobat Assistant 8.0] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrotray.exe"

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'Default user')

O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = ?

Before Restarting run the IE Reset Tool:

w8kzfo.jpg

Also uninstall ESET Smart Security

You can even use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for that too

Restart

Try removing Adobe now

Still issues? Use Revo Uninstaller

Restart

Hopefully its finally uninstalled. If so, download and re-installed the latest Adobe product again (if you wish)

Also let me know the outcome!

It states you are using Windows Server 2003 SP2 64Bit

Adobe seems to be starting with Windows as well

Try this

Run a HJT Scan Only, place a tick (check) next to the following boxes:

Before Restarting run the IE Reset Tool:

w8kzfo.jpg

Also uninstall ESET Smart Security

You can even use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for that too

Restart

Try removing Adobe now

Still issues? Use Revo Uninstaller

Restart

Hopefully its finally uninstalled. If so, download and re-installed the latest Adobe product again (if you wish)

Also let me know the outcome!

Trying it now, just came back from a week holiday ;)

EDIT: The IE reset tool "does not apply to your operating system"

Edited by tibs

Trying it now, just came back from a week holiday ;)

EDIT: The IE reset tool "does not apply to your operating system"

Its because you are running the old IE6. There has been two Internet Explorer updates since then, with a bundle of security fixes to boot :)

You are advised to do all Windows Security Updates (of which may also fix your issue)

Right, so I did everything, and Acrobat uninstalled without a problem. At the restart, I opened Premeire, and bang, another BSOD. So the problem still isn't solved, although I have finally been able to get rid of Adobe Acrobat...