iPhone 3.0 Firmware Leaked

It seems Apple's iPhone 3.0 software update has found itself leaked online, seven days before its official release.

The gadget hounds at Gizmodo stumbled across the file in Torrent, and are reporting to have downloaded and installed it successfully.

The file is apparently called iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw and is listed as 230.1MB.

Of course we'd strongly recommend against going on the search for it, but if you're really desperate to get your hands on it early make sure you synchronise your iPhone before installing so you've got a back up if it does all go wrong.

The author of the Gizmodo article managed to have it all done and working within an hour.

Here at Stuff Towers we're scaredy cats and are going to wait the short seven days to get our hands on the official update. If you decide to go for it, let us know how you get on.

http://stuff.tv/News/iPhone-30-software-leaks-online/12548/

Can anyone confirm this? I do see files called iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw when looking around.

Yeah, you don't need the Dev account, but for those who's iTelefone its not factory unlocked should wait for JB, otherwise your phone will be a nice tool for emergency calls only and off course unless your not bothered with other then AT&T Carrier then your good to go.

Edited by M.F.D.K

Why is this any different to any other stolen / cracked software thread.... I paid $99 to get this software... everyone else wants to steal it?!

Why is this any different to any other stolen / cracked software thread.... I paid $99 to get this software... everyone else wants to steal it?!

Who in their right mind would pay for a free upgrade? This is not the developers version, it's a 7 days before official release leak...there's a difference and a reason developers pay to get the software early--THE DEVELOP.

You got ripped off. It's free. :p

Thank you for that distinction - as a developer I was actually aware of this but it's always nice to get ones feet on the ground.

I was under the impression that anything that was deemed illegal under the DMCA was not allowed on Neowin. I must have been wrong.

$99 ? For what? A phone upgrade or the software :huh: 3.0 is going to be a free upgrade so I don't see what you have paid for or what people have 'stolen' they have just acquired it early :D

Thank you for that distinction - as a developer I was actually aware of this but it's always nice to get ones feet on the ground.

I was under the impression that anything that was deemed illegal under the DMCA was not allowed on Neowin. I must have been wrong.

Where has a link been posted?

Only a link to the news article. Nothing "illegal" has been posted

Now I understand this wipes my phone... anyway to preserve all my applications and settings? Or will they be auto-restored by the sync?

To actually answer your question instead of being condescending: plug in your iPhone to iTunes and let it create a backup, once the new software is installed you'll be given a chance to start fresh to restore the applications, contacts, etc. from your backup.

Now I understand this wipes my phone... anyway to preserve all my applications and settings? Or will they be auto-restored by the sync?

Backup your iPhone and then restore using the new firmware.

Even though free is good. I honestly don't mind paying the 'Apple Tax' on this. Mainly because the update will keep my Apps/Settings etc. rather than having to restore from the ipsw.

Also I don't care about Jailbreak anymore, I only used it for themes and I have grown bored of that now.

Even though free is good. I honestly don't mind paying the 'Apple Tax' on this. Mainly because the update will keep my Apps/Settings etc. rather than having to restore from the ipsw.

... but restoring from the IPSW and then restoring from Backup maintains all of your Apps/Settings.

Found this

Guys, listen.

WARNING: Devs are telling us that new terms and conditions need be accepted before downloading iPhone 3.0 GM, which include a warning that applying the developer build may permanently lock your device out of the commercial 3.0 release on June 17th.

Source = XSellize. It has also been on other major iPhone blogs.

This firmware locks you out from downgrading to an older firmware.

I strongly recommend that you guys DO NOT upgrade.

Wait for the final release, please, for the sake of the comments board.

I, and the majority of the people here would not like people asking for help about upgrading to the commercial 3.0 because they are locked out.

Thankyou DevTeam.

Peace out.

Source

If this is nothing to do with this release ignore me :p

I will be upgrading as soon as I find out more info about it. Unlocking etc.