'Infuriated' juror let go from trial

NEW YORK, June 11 (UPI) -- A New York juror who told the judge the case was moving so slow that "people are falling asleep" was removed from the jury. :huh:

Eilene Block, 47, who was serving on the jury for the trial of a man accused of hitting a 16-year-old with his Jet Ski, wrote in a letter to Supreme Court Justice Deborah Dowling that she did not believe she would be able to continue as an impartial juror in the slow-moving case after it was announced that the three week trial would extend into another week, the New York Daily News reported Thursday.

"Things go on and on and on and on endlessly and I don't see the value in it and people are asleep," Block wrote.

Block wrote that she was particularly incensed by the prosecution's two-day cross-examination of an accident reconstruction expert.

"I'm infuriated to the point where I am no longer able to serve as an objective juror," Block wrote. "I'm angry, distracted and convinced the deliberative process will suffer."

Block was dismissed by Dowling and the record containing her letter was sealed.

A spokesman for District Attorney Charles Hynes said he had "full confidence" in the prosecutor.

"It's better that the juror has been replaced," the spokesman said.

source

Most jury cases are terribly boring. What happens on TV isn't real and many believe that's what happens in real courtrooms.

How dumb of her and good for the judge for removing her.

Well atleast they didnt write a very angry letter like the one guy did before.

His said stated:

Apparently you morons didn't understand me the first time. I CANNOT take time off from work. I'm not putting my familys well being at stake to participate in this crap. I don't believe in our "justice" system and I don't want to have a goddamn thing to do with it. Jury duty is a complete waste of time. I would rather count the wrinkles on my dog's balls than sit on a jury. Get it through your thick skulls. Leave me the f*&% alone.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...30091jury1.html

I'd probably complain too..... I mean, as a juror, especially on a case like this, you're forced to take (mostly) unpaid leave from work, meanwhile you've got a mortgage, utilities, car payments, food, etc to pay for.... What are you supposed to do? Tell your creditors "Sorry, but I'm on jury duty, and thus am not able to afford my payment this month." That'll go over REAL well.... The only institution legally bound to not f*ck you over is your employer.... Anyone else can repo your house, your car, turn off your utilities if they want to. Jury duty is a necessity, but tbh, most people dont have the time and money to deal with it.

I think it might be a good idea to have "professional jurors"...... that is, jurors who work for the court. They go in whenever there's a case, sit in till it's done, then move on to the next one. :p ... U pay them a REAL salary, and not twenty f*cking dollars a day, and they might actually be WILLING to do the job. They say right now that u having to feed yourself and your family is not a valid excuse to get out of jury duty..... One could argue, though, that taking away a citizen's primary income is depriving them of their property... I'm surprised no one's brought this up in court.