Your favorite (unforgettable) scenes from movies or TV shows

In the recently released movie The Expendables, the entire scene with Willis, Stallone and his conversation with Arnie was just unforgettable.

Arnie: Lets have dinner sometime

Stallone: Sure when?

Arnie: In a thousand years!

Stallone: Too soon

:laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Usual Suspects

The scene where the detective is checking out the tac board

and starts noticing all the names he heard in Soze's story.

Awesome.

Oh, and there's been a couple of Good Will Hunting examples...

but no-one mentions Robin Williams' greatest performance to

date? When he grabs the kid by the neck in an outburst of

rage and says, "Disrespect my wife again and I'll end you."

• 3 weeks later...

In the movie sunshine, when icarus informs capa that there is a fifth, unidentified crew member in the observation room. gave my goosebumps!

Not my fav, but up there!

Yeah this is gonna sound cheesy, but the scene in Independence Day where the old crop duster pilot flies his plane into the mothership and says "in the words of my generation, up yours!". I can't help but get teary-eyed every time I see that scene.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

this :

Especially when Morpheus says : " Do you think that's air you're breathing now ?" . Priceless

My absolute favourite is from Casablanca. The scene is in Rick's Cafe in Morocco, which outside the war zone, in WWII. A few German's are singing 'Die Wacht am Rhein' in the bar full of Frenchmen and they get drowned out by one man and then the entire bar singing 'La Marseillaise' over the top of them.

Such a powerful scene. Made even more powerful by the fact the scene used real (i.e. non-actor) Frenchmen, and it was filmed in 1942 during the war.

Yeah, it's epic.

Mm.. since this is about movies I can't put The Wire on the list, but that show has some amazing scenes (and quotes).

I think the opening scene from Cidade de deus (City of god in english) is amazing. There's one in Gran Torino that gives me the chills, but it's not the ending. I don't wanna spoil things for anyone so let me just say that it's the last scene with the priest and Walt.

Also the opening scene from The wild bunch.. up to that great first line by William Holden.

The full monty is full of memorable scenes too !

• 2 weeks later...

Steven Seagal in Exit Wounds.

He has to go on anger management. When he has to introduce himself and tries to get out of his chair, he completely breaks his chair and tells everyone he hasn't got an anger issue. He shows the most serious face ever and says: "see this face, this is a happy face". :rofl:

Youtube link.

Stardust:

What do stars do?

They shine!

The Last Samurai:

?I continue to live among these unusual people. I am their captive, in that I cannot escape. Mostly, I?m treated with a kind of mild neglect, as if I were a stray dog, or an unwelcome guest. Everyone is polite. Everyone smiles and bows. But beneath their courtesy, I detect a deep reservoir of feeling.

They are an intriguing people. From the moment they wake, they devote themselves to the perfection of whatever they pursue. I have never seen such discipline.?

- Capt. Nathan Algren ? ?The Last Samurai?

Ace Ventura:

"oh-jo-bo .. oh-jo-bo-bo-jo-jo... jo-be-be-be-be... oh-jo-bo.." : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRZdHO8UCvk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...