Christian Man Raped, Murdered for Refusing to Convert to Islam

I still don't get it. If you're in such a position just convert, it's not like 'God' won't understand you going to another religion for a while to guard your own safety.

the should teach more religion class in high school

I took a class at my school no expert of course but I know more then most people do (go over 6-8 relegions in a year)

If you actually read the article it points to muslims being in support of killing christians by not establishing laws to protect all of the people. On the society level, the article is pointing to Muslims not respecting other religions.

What is sickening is that Muslims who claim to be peaceful do not stand up to Muslim extremists, thereby provide support by not voicing dissent.

I usually don't post in articles like this but let me just humor you here. Many see the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as illegal wars and as a result thousands upon thousands of innocent people have been killed, by your logic American people all have blood on their hands for not standing up and speaking out to put an end to it? Now don't just use the American war as an example take World War 2 as an example, by your logic every single German has blood on their hands for not standing up to oppose Hitler.

please note I have not read any other replies as of writing this....

I still don't get it. If you're in such a position just convert, it's not like 'God' won't understand you going to another religion for a while to guard your own safety.

no no...god would understand..would understand you don't have faith. pratically every religion frowns up people switching just because things are tough, that defeats the whole purpose of having faith. you're basically saying Oh god I didn't think you were going to come through for me that time so I had to take matters into my own hands instead of trusting it to you, it means (again regardless of your specific religion) that you have zero faith in your chosen deity to deliver.

All I see from this story is that Pakistan is a pretty nasty place, thats all. The fact that it involves religion doesnt surprise me, the majority of all wars are fuelled by religion.

It would be in a civilised, western country.

+1

I usually don't post in articles like this but let me just humor you here. Many see the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan as illegal wars and as a result thousands upon thousands of innocent people have been killed, by your logic American people all have blood on their hands for not standing up and speaking out to put an end to it? Now don't just use the American war as an example take World War 2 as an example, by your logic every single German has blood on their hands for not standing up to oppose Hitler.

please note I have not read any other replies as of writing this....

(Y)

What a horrible way to go although its not surprising. Pakistan had a large non-muslim population when it was carved out of India and now its down to almost nothing. It's not even purely religious per say because they almost wiped out the Bengali's in what was then East Pakistan despite the fact they were Muslim.

stop making sense... lets all close our eyes and belive islam is a peaceful religion. If we say it enough times it'll even become a fact :rolleyes:

Looks like a christian got a taste of his own medicine

It wasnt long ago that people were put to death by the churches for not being christian, and they still go around trying to convert(make tons of $) people

Christianity isn't any more peaceful than Islam, only the law holds it back

stop making sense... lets all close our eyes and belive islam is a peaceful religion. If we say it enough times it'll even become a fact :rolleyes:

So whats the weather like in your magical world of limitless ignorance?

If you actually read the article it points to muslims being in support of killing christians by not establishing laws to protect all of the people. On the society level, the article is pointing to Muslims not respecting other religions.

What is sickening is that Muslims who claim to be peaceful do not stand up to Muslim extremists, thereby provide support by not voicing dissent.

That's ****ing bull**** if you think Muslims do not stand up to extremists and provide support to them. You are an idiot if you think so.

We're 3 pages and I've already seen several replies in terms of

- Christians did the same things

- not all muslims are like that

- another one trying to stereoptype muslims

Honeslty, IMO, what the Islam-world needs to do is grow a pair ... seriously. Bunch of whining fingerpointing children, not capable of accepting any form of responsability. Using religion to either justify an act, or to distance themselves from it. It's 2009, let's move on shall we. You want to be treated as a full-on partner of the "civilized West", start acting like a grown-up.

I'm what you call, a modern christian, and seriously, I've heard enough "crusade-stories" in my lifetime. I mean, some people find it bothering that certain groups of jews bring up the holocaust whenever it suits them ( not diminishing the tragic loss of millions here in any form, seriously) but you gotta give it to some muslims, still being hung up by something that happend hundred's of years ago and using it as an excuse for God knows what.

Islam has got a problem, do not try to justify it as "they're not real muslims" and put it under the rug, fix it, or at least try to fix it.

+1

Looks like a christian got a taste of his own medicine

It wasnt long ago that people were put to death by the churches for not being christian, and they still go around trying to convert(make tons of $) people

Christianity isn't any more peaceful than Islam, only the law holds it back

that's the problem right here, people like you still living in the dark ages.

That's ****ing bull**** if you think Muslims do not stand up to extremists and provide support to them. You are an idiot if you think so.

atleast in pakistan they do

Lashkar e Toiba, Jamat ul Dawa, Hizbul Mujahideen and i haven't even mentioned Taliban affiliated groups

Edited by Mathachew

We're 3 pages and I've already seen several replies in terms of

- Christians did the same things

- not all muslims are like that

- another one trying to stereoptype muslims

Honeslty, IMO, what the Islam-world needs to do is grow a pair ... seriously. Bunch of whining fingerpointing children, not capable of accepting any form of responsability. Using religion to either justify an act, or to distance themselves from it. It's 2009, let's move on shall we. You want to be treated as a full-on partner of the "civilized West", start acting like a grown-up.

I'm what you call, a modern christian, and seriously, I've heard enough "crusade-stories" in my lifetime. I mean, some people find it bothering that certain groups of jews bring up the holocaust whenever it suits them ( not diminishing the tragic loss of millions here in any form, seriously) but you gotta give it to some muslims, still being hung up by something that happend hundred's of years ago and using it as an excuse for God knows what.

Islam has got a problem, do not try to justify it as "they're not real muslims" and put it under the rug, fix it, or at least try to fix it.

Why do u expect Muslims who have nothing to do with such insance incidents to accept responsibility for what they don't do?

It's not Islam that has problems here, it's people like you who think Muslims should become crime fighters or something and start fighting these terrorists themselves.

@Guru Go ahead. Report it like a crybaby if it's that personal to you. It's a fact and obvious to everyone that you're quick to jump on threads that are about Islam.

And yes those groups are a problem. And our forces ARE fighting them. Don't expect **** to be cleaned up in a day or two. We're suffering more than anyone else thanks to these extremists. But you know those groups don't make 100% of Pakistan's population, rather less than 1%.

Religion is crack for the glib. I really love my relationship with God and feel that spirituality in some form is essential to leading a peaceful life but there is so much hate and persecution because of dogmatic beliefs that it's ridiculous.

that's the problem right here, people like you still living in the dark ages.

religion is a thing of the dark ages buddy

its slowly dying away in our society, and were the better for it

Too many people use religion to justify their hatred and 'sinful' actions

There are very FEW peaceful religions out there, and when i do meet ppl who follow them im always interested and want to learn more about it..they have a few things in common that christians havent figured out..never hurt others

Christians have no right to judge or put down other religious, because they are as bad as it gets, they contract them selves left and right, and are only christians when its convenient..and isnt it somewhere in the bible that they shouldnt be judging others?

There are still PLENTY of christians out there that think blacks/gays/jews/non christians should be put to death, that everyones out to get them, that they have to 'save' everyone, its pretty pathetic what that business...i mean religion has become

When ppl look overseas to the middle east and look at those muslim countries filled with terrorists and so on, they just assume its always like that int he entire middle east, and that the religion is to blame..no its the lack of a good government that is to blame. Its the poverty that is to blame. Every faith starts out with noble intent, and becomes corrupt by the people who follow it.

Why do u expect Muslims who have nothing to do with such insance incidents to accept responsibility for what they don't do?

It's not Islam that has problems here, it's people like you who think Muslims should become crime fighters or something and start fighting these terrorists themselves.

I'm talking about people who have everything, propably like yourself, who instead of acting and admitting their is a serious problem, in stead of using the platform that has been given to them to help and defeat the ******* that are submitting the sharia, that are killing 1000's of people, just say: this is not Islam and than turn their back.

People like me, are actually trying, if not always for the just reason, to fix the problem. It would be nice if their was at least SOME form of support from within the muslim cominity. Belgians have nothing to do with 9/11, but they're fighting to keep Kabul safe.

It's this kind of egocentric mentality that's a plague among Islam. Or for example the hypocrit-neighbouring countries of Palestine who curse the jews because of their "muslim-brothers" without a land, but hey, when it's time to financialy support those muslmim-brothers, ....

so. tehy just got up one day and decided to beat up and kill a Christian for refusing to convert? or was it because Quran forbids non Muslim men from marrying Muslim women so he had choice but to convert.

It's a fact and obvious to everyone that you're quick to jump on threads that are about Islam.

And yes those groups are a problem. And our forces ARE fighting them. Don't expect **** to be cleaned up in a day or two. We're suffering more than anyone else thanks to these extremists. But you know those groups don't make 100% of Pakistan's population, rather less than 1%.

funny, i just saw this thread after 4 pages and i'm quick .. yeah ok. That "problem" as you now call it was created by the your own country (no i'm not gonna differentiate b/w ISI,ARMY and civilian govt) and have now realized now after they came back to bomb your own mosques and basically trashed the Sawt and other border regions.

and no they dont make 100% of your population but the prime accused in mumbai attack was released the other day by the govt. so much for fighting terror.

snip

When ppl look overseas to the middle east and look at those muslim countries filled with terrorists and so on, they just assume its always like that int he entire middle east, and that the religion is to blame..no its the lack of a good government that is to blame. Its the poverty that is to blame. Every faith starts out with noble intent, and becomes corrupt by the people who follow it.

so, just because religion goes away, it doesnt mean that the problems will...

There are very FEW peaceful religions out there, and when i do meet ppl who follow them im always interested and want to learn more about it..they have a few things in common that christians havent figured out..never hurt others

Christians have no right to judge or put down other religious, because they are as bad as it gets, they contract them selves left and right, and are only christians when its convenient..and isnt it somewhere in the bible that they shouldnt be judging others?

There are still PLENTY of christians out there that think blacks/gays/jews/non christians should be put to death, that everyones out to get them, that they have to 'save' everyone, its pretty pathetic what that business...i mean religion has become

their governments are based upon religion, at least the US can get rid of their fanatics with a single election.

so. tehy just got up one day and decided to beat up and kill a Christian for refusing to convert? or was it because Quran forbids non Muslim men from marrying Muslim women so he had choice but to convert.

i think the article said that they were merely in a 'compromising sexual position' ... it takes some rural conservative people to link that with marriage, and it takes someone who is religiously Muslim to link that with being forbidden

you know what i think?

they were just ****ed off that their sister is being banged by a stranger or something...

theres every chance that he could have surrendered and pleaded for his life but he was killed anyway, people just assume that he was refusing to convert because he happened to be a christian killed by a bunch of muslims

Edited by carmatic

I'm talking about people who have everything, propably like yourself, who instead of acting and admitting their is a serious problem, in stead of using the platform that has been given to them to help and defeat the ******* that are submitting the sharia, that are killing 1000's of people, just say: this is not Islam and than turn their back.

People like me, are actually trying, if not always for the just reason, to fix the problem. It would be nice if their was at least SOME form of support from within the muslim cominity. Belgians have nothing to do with 9/11, but they're fighting to keep Kabul safe.

It's this kind of egocentric mentality that's a plague among Islam. Or for example the hypocrit-neighbouring countries of Palestine who curse the jews because of their "muslim-brothers" without a land, but hey, when it's time to financialy support those muslmim-brothers, ....

Right. People like you. How the hell do you think I haven't voiced by opinion or used any platform against the extremists? Are you out of your mind? We're already supporting our troops against the extremists on all fronts. We have been trying to help the effected people in those areas to move them away from the war. We've been running campaigns to tell the people that what the extremists do and say isn't correct. There's a lot going on here against extremists and just because you can't see it, doesn't mean that 'people like us' aren't acting against it.

And Sharia is not extremism. You don't even know what it is.

How is that even related to what I said?

funny, i just saw this thread after 4 pages and i'm quick .. yeah ok. That "problem" as you now call it was created by the your own country (no i'm not gonna differentiate b/w ISI,ARMY and civilian govt) and have now realized now after they came back to bomb your own mosques and basically trashed the Sawt and other border regions.

and no they dont make 100% of your population but the prime accused in mumbai attack was released the other day by the govt. so much for fighting terror.

As Hilary Clinton herself pointed out, they were involved in creating these people as much as Pakistan. So differentiating between ISI, Army or the government doesn't make sense.

And just because your country accused him doesn't make him a culprit. If he was involved in the attacks they wouldn't have released him.

so, just because religion goes away, it doesnt mean that the problems will...

+1

The Pak govt "arrested" him and let him go when things calmed down. and so you are passing the buck to US. US was involved in Afganistan not Kashmir.

The terrorists/Extremists have cropped up after the Russian war in which US was involved.

Guns dont kill people, people kill people with guns. Likewise with religion. When an ignorant moron gets his hands on a weapon, a gun or a religious book, bad things are bound to come from it.