Why Did Microsoft Call Me?!?!?!?

What are you talking about? Linux and free/open software will NEVER EVER call you with a survey?

Or give support that free stuff can't provide.

Microsoft contracted with us, Intrepid Consultants, Inc, to conduct the TechNet Plus Pilot Study program research and manage the activities of the pilot study. Our records show that you have recently signed up for a free TechNet Plus subscription through a registration link that was made available without authorization on a public blog.

The registration link is part of a proprietary study and the party that shared the information was in violation of the terms and conditions to which they agreed to participate in the study. Membership to the Pilot study is limited and all members of the program are required to first meet survey requirements and then complete tasks and assignments over a two month period in order to qualify for and have access to the free TechNet Plus subscription. Since this was a privately conducted pilot study, at no time was it ever intended that a free TechNet Plus registration link would appear on a public internet site, which was done in violation of the terms to which participants agreed upon registering to participate in the pilot study.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but for this reason, we have deactivated your subscription, as well as all other subscriptions resulting from the unauthorized publication of the TechNet Plus Pilot Study program registration link on a public blog. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

The Intrepid Consultants Team

If you are interested in a TechNet Plus subscription, please follow the link to purchase: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/renew.aspx

I this the other day no calls

Probably some sort of survey or follow-up call. Have you attached your number to anything Microsoft related lately (online forms, support call etc?)

Umm, Microsoft just called my house phone about 10 minutes ago, asking for me. Why would they call for me?

Bill Gates just dialed the wrong number. MS left him wandering the building alone again. ;)

How many key's did you generate, if you generated a large number of keys, they may be calling to let you know there not good or to not use them.

Is this about the Free TechNet thing that Neowin told us to do??
Thanks for the laugh.
How many key's did you generate, if you generated a large number of keys, they may be calling to let you know there not good or to not use them.
Thanks for another laugh.

To say they were sorry about how vmc works after 12th and how to get all your channels back seven years of mce and can't get it right

Nice. I think we should turn this thread into a list of complaints about MS tech support and things like "Bill Gates just dialed the wrong number..." haha.

I think they finally found out about all those "free" copies of Windows you've been passing out to your friends. :D

B...B...But they said they would be my friends if I gave them copies!!