HP Laserjet 4050 EIO Error

A Printer at work is giving an EIO 2 Error with Code 82.0180 and will not print any documents.

Steps Taken to resolve issue:

• Removed Jet Direct Card and re-installed in secondary Bay
  • Replaced Jet Direct Card with a new one
  • Reset Printer Settings

However nothing seams to do the trick. When i print a document to the printer. The computer simply acts normal as if the print has gone through successfully however the printer never received the print job.

Every once in a while when trying to print to it the printer will tell you "Data Received" however it will never print it. At this point if you turn the printer off and turn it back on the document will print.

The Printer is on a Domain Network and is accessible from all computers on the network. The same result happens when printing from any machine.

Any suggestions as to a resolution or should we simply replace the printer.

Wow, I had the exact same issue only 3 weeks ago. After discussions with HP trying diagnose, I eventually just replaced the ageing printer.

May i ask what model you replaced it with. Also if possible the finance department would like me to at least attempt a repair on this machine before purchasing a new one.

Had a similar issue on an old printer a while ago and I seem to recall a firmware update fixed it.

It's really not worth your effort (or money) attempting to repair it though. You can buy that printer for about ?90, or a much better, faster one for a similar amount (if you consider that you'll probably spend close to ?200 on callout fees + parts from HP if you get them to repair it).

Pretty sure it was the HP LaserJet P2055Dn, in the end we determined the Jet Direct Card was at fault and the options available were to replace the printer, replace the card or buy a Jet Direct box which was cheaper.

I opted to purchased another printer, I felt the other 2 options would merely be a stop gap so therefore not really good value for money.